Author Topic: Minecraft!  (Read 68493 times)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Minecraft!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 02:51:48 am »
We have a Kanaya in our midst...sort of XD

I've learned it is NOT a good idea to play music while playing Minecraft. I did not hear or see that kamikaze Creeper appear out of no where until it was too late.
Luckily I wasn't too close to my house and it only blew a hole in the mountain side. AND lucky I had armour on head to toe or it would have probably killed me too.

*is able to Minecraft again* It likes to make this laptop over heat though but eh at least I can play it for a bit XD

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 03:19:50 am »
Urg, my mine craft doesn't like working for more than ten minutes before it stops responding. It's getting annoying. And no matter what i do all my wolves go wild when I exit and come back (after saving of course XD)

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 08:47:05 am »
How do I make one of those? xD

/new to minecraft

I mean I kept getting beaten up xD  I got chased by a bunch of skeletons at one point LOL

I was actually kidding, lol. Its a HUGE pain in the ass to make. But it can be a fun project. I certainly had some fun doing it, even though it was really difficult. Here is the first part of the tutorial video.

Tutorial : Sky Monster-Trap part 1
I definately suggest watching the videos before starting the project, it saves a lot of grief later on.

Urg, my mine craft doesn't like working for more than ten minutes before it stops responding. It's getting annoying. And no matter what i do all my wolves go wild when I exit and come back (after saving of course XD)
What crash are you getting? The black screen one?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 08:59:47 am »
  No, the not responding one, where it says Java something or the other has stopped responding, restart or wait for it to start responding again XD. Some times it has this error a bit like the ogre exceptions here, where java can't find some file or the other and I have to close and reopen it to get it to work.

It gets on my nerves, and the amount of lag i have *sigh* But that's what happens when you play minecraft and lots of mods on a little laptop. But it still works fine most of the time, but on some occasions the lag gets so bad that I just have to close it.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 09:09:23 am »
I get the black screen one, or used to. I fiddled with the graphics settings and it seems to be ok. But it's impossible to tell until I get my laptop back since this one likes to overheat within 30 minutes maybe less/bit more when I play.

I did try the force update like most of the people on the Minecraft forum recommended, but it didn't work (which then resulted in me toying with the graphic settings in the game).

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 09:17:10 am »
  O.o I was just looking through a mod thread on the minecraft forum and I saw.... Slycan. Just had to say it. I SEE SLYCANS EVERYWHERE. *paranoid eye shifting*

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 09:42:02 pm »
I get the black screen one, or used to. I fiddled with the graphics settings and it seems to be ok. But it's impossible to tell until I get my laptop back since this one likes to overheat within 30 minutes maybe less/bit more when I play.

I did try the force update like most of the people on the Minecraft forum recommended, but it didn't work (which then resulted in me toying with the graphic settings in the game).

The way ive found to get rid of the black screen crash is to just have your view distance below the max. So instead of "far" put it to normal. When I did that, it never crashed again. :)

TealSkeletore

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »
I found a whole load of obsidian in one of my mines but I don't have a diamond picaxe >:T

slycan

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »
I found a whole load of obsidian in one of my mines but I don't have a diamond picaxe >:T

don't you just hate that..

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 03:09:21 am »
The way ive found to get rid of the black screen crash is to just have your view distance below the max. So instead of "far" put it to normal. When I did that, it never crashed again. :)

Oooh ok thanks ;D I'll try that.

I found a lava flow and Obsidian in the giant random huge cavern I found. AND yeeep I didn't have a diamond picaxe either.

I put some lava in a bucket though. Yay? XD

Found my first diamonds yesterday, only two though. But still, first diamonds dgadafasd.