Author Topic: Fursona Help (Need opinions!)  (Read 2446 times)

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Fursona Help (Need opinions!)
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:39:27 pm »
((Sorry if this isn't the place but... she will be a FH character more-or-less, so I figured it'd fit the 'characters' board))

Heeeyyy guys! So, I think I have a good look for my fursona, but I'm not 100% sure about her yet. We're getting close though ;3

Here's a sketch I made of her:

NOTES:
-Red marks on the sketch are scars, not markings.
-Should she have more markings on her hip/stomach area?
-Should I change her paws/legs?
-The big pawpad (in the middle of the paw) is shaped like a heart (not the heart markings you see on the picture, that's the other side of the paw), then the little ones are shaped like x's.
-Skin color- Electric blue
-Mouth color- Electric blue (might change to a more purple color 'cause of tongue)
-Tongue color- Oh hey look more electric blue
-Pelt/base color- Navy blue
-Markings- Hot pink
-Tail feathers- Red
-Mane- Red
-Eyes- glowing, neon green
-Fur at the end of ears (like a lynx)- Red
-Wings- Hot pink, except for the half-hearts, those are navy blue

Do you guys like it so far? What would you change? What accessories might you add? What do you like most about her design?

Please comment below and let me know, so her re-design can FINALLY be complete!
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
Re: Fursona Help (Need opinions!)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »
this might be ambitious of me to say but it'll be a good challenge: have 2-3 sets of wings? (like an archangel kind of)
also maybe this kind of markings (facial)?:

added a spoiler because it's a big image (i sketched it out for better explanation)
but other than that you have a good character going for you! simple design but really, it's the depth of a character's personality and history that makes it prominent

edit: for items maybe something that makes her seem ethereal? or not, items are good way to make a character's tastes and personality stand out more physically

all of this optional! no need to take my word for it
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:03:16 pm by chewgags »

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »
this might be ambitious of me to say but it'll be a good challenge: have 2-3 sets of wings? (like an archangel kind of)

added a spoiler because it's a big image (i sketched it out for better explanation)
but other than that you have a good character going for you! simple design but really, it's the depth of a character's personality and history that makes it prominent

edit: for items maybe something that makes her seem ethereal? or not, items are good way to make a character's tastes and personality stand out more physically

Thanks so much! *huggles* It really helps a lot!

For the 2-3 sets of wings, though I like the idea, I feel like it'd be a bit confusing for me. I'll likely use that kind of idea on another character though, so thanks!

As for the face, I love it! Do you mind if I basically copy it for her? ;w; Except for the hearts near the eyes, simply because
1) Already has several hearts on her design
2) Her eyes are glowing, often very brightly, so it feels like the marking just wouldn't be seen very well anyways.

I'll also probably add a heart on her back, below the wings but above the tail (so like slightly above the hips), and then have that little marking like you had drawn for the ears under it, coming around to where the scars are.

Thank you so much, you've helped a ton <3
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:02 pm »

For the 2-3 sets of wings, though I like the idea, I feel like it'd be a bit confusing for me. I'll likely use that kind of idea on another character though, so thanks!

As for the face, I love it! Do you mind if I basically copy it for her? ;w; Except for the hearts near the eyes, simply because
2) Her eyes are glowing, often very brightly, so it feels like the marking just wouldn't be seen very well anyways.

I'll also probably add a heart on her back, below the wings but above the tail (so like slightly above the hips), and then have that little marking like you had drawn for the ears under it, coming around to where the scars are.

you're very welcome friend <3 and of course, feel free to copy the markings however you see fit! i can't wait to see the finished design

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »

you're very welcome friend <3 and of course, feel free to copy the markings however you see fit! i can't wait to see the finished design
:DDD I'll update this later with a more finished design, thank you

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 01:33:35 am »
HEY GUYS!

After quite some time, I finally updating this thing with a colored in design. Hope you guys like her <3

https://img13.deviantart.net/7524/i/2017/042/8/7/agrah_redesign_by_hummingkitten-dayq7ky.jpg

What do you guys think?