Author Topic: Username Change Error  (Read 1461 times)

Offline grimoire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • 16 | they/them | artist and meme
    • View Profile
Username Change Error
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »
solved! thank you!

I just recently tried to change a username (nightvisions to phantasmagoric) and, as the warning said, I can't get back into said account. I tried e-mailing the given help address, but the message won't go through. I tried with and without the hyphen (just in case it was a typo) and it still won't go through. I'm using Yahoo, but I'm not entirely sure the address I'm using to send is the one connected to the account, and I can't change it because I can't get in the account.
Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks in advance~~
Edit: I checked the email I got in return and it reads "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table". Does this mean this isn't my account's address? If so, how would I go about changing/checking what email is?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:39:01 pm by corvus »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Username Change Error
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:42 pm »
I noticed you said to have changed your username to phantasmagoric, but that username doesn't exist. Try signing in with the username "phantasmagoria" as I think that's the account in question. ^^

The email for this account is different than the email for the phantasmagoria account. If you're curious about what email is associated with the phantasmagoria account, I can let you know through private message if you don't want it to be publicized. That is likely why you received the "Recipient address rejected" email.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:51:30 pm »
You are receiving the message "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table" as it appears that the account nightvisions no longer exists. Neither does phantasmagoric, as both cannot be found in the member search on the forum. I checked for phantasmagoric as I thought the change might have been successful in the end, but it appears to have been completely unsuccessful. My best guess is that you deleted your account on accident.

You could do what Morgra suggested above, but if it doesn't work out for you in the end, then my personal suggestion is waiting until registration opens to create an account with the e-mail that is now possibly no longer in use. That, or you could recycle any other account you may have into the new username you're wanting. I have noticed maybe once or twice before that people with yahoo e-mails seem to have the most issues. I don't know if this is a coincidence or just bad luck. I hope this issue mends or gets resolved for you soon, corvus.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:57:46 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline grimoire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • 16 | they/them | artist and meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »
I noticed you said to have changed your username to phantasmagoric, but that username doesn't exist. Try signing in with the username "phantasmagoria" as I think that's the account in question. ^^

The email for this account is different than the email for the phantasmagoria account. If you're curious about what email is associated with the phantasmagoria account, I can let you know through private message if you don't want it to be publicized. That is likely why you received the "Recipient address rejected" email.
If you could do so that would be great! I remember trying to change the name to phantasmagoria, but it said it was taken.... Gosh, I really hope my account wasn't deleted. That would be wild.
Edit: Oh! I tried Phantasmagoria and it let me sign in... that's so weird. could have sworn it said it was a taken user... oops, lol. Thank you for the help!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:38:32 pm by corvus »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 10:56:11 pm »
Locking this as the issue was solved~
Farewell everyone<3