Author Topic: Solved - FH loads then closes  (Read 517 times)

Offline Mogege

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • REVV07
    • View Profile
Solved - FH loads then closes
« on: October 01, 2019, 02:13:11 am »
I was editing an .object file in Notepad++ to apply textures/materials to a bunch of objects faster. Everything was going fine until I saved the file and closed FH.
Re - opened FH to get the basic Ogre whatnot / KovuLKD loading screen and directly after those the FeralHeart closes immediately. No crashes or errors, just like I've clicked X.
The only thing I can think could have caused this is accidentally using the "Find in Files" feature on Notepad++ - not meaning to do the entire folder, just the single .object file i had opened. - and unintentionally replacing every "30" in Notepad++ compatible files FH\media\objects with "15". After realizing this mistake I believe I undid the damage. It said something like ~390 instances of "30" had been replaced, but after I undid, the amount of instances of "30" reduced to about ~20 (which I believe was what it was prior)
I don't know if that makes any sense at all, sorry , I tried to explain in the best way possible. I legitimately cannot think of anything else that could've caused it except the Notepad++ incident. I've tried running FH.exe as admin, checking FH\media\particles for weird files, but nothing's amiss.
I would prefer not to reinstall in fear of losing my files again (stuff happened earlier this month), so if anyone can think of an alternative, please let me know. Thanks

Edit: Um.
 I found this.
Seems like the images in FH/media/objects/backdrops, FH/media/objects/grass,  FH/media/objects/misc, are all corrupted. I can't find any other images that are distorted in Fh/media.
What happened? ?

https://imgur.com/a/QCGA7JE ( I have no idea how to embed images on these forums, sorry)

Nevermind all of this; i replaced the corrupted images with ones in my backup feralheart folder and it opened just fine.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:45:57 am by Mogege »