Author Topic: -|| Hello ||-  (Read 1021 times)

wolfgirl56

-|| Hello ||-
« on: June 16, 2012, 09:01:12 pm »
Hello, I have decided to make another book again. This is a space where I keep information and stuff about the book here. The rest of the posts are the chapters.

wolfgirl56

Re: -|| Hello ||-
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:45:11 pm »
Chapter One: Lilith's Song
The gray wolf rested in a small den. It wasn't really a den though; just a hole in the middle of piled rocks in the forest. For several days, she had traveled away from the threats of other animals; bears, wolves, or humans. It was summer time now, and the warm nights made the small den uncomfortable. "I've had enough of this," Lilith said, crawling out of the small space. Her blue eyes gazed up at the moon in the navy-black sky that was dotted with stars.
It was rare for wolves to have blue eyes, but Lilith had gotten them. The night sounds Lilith could hear were crickets chirping, wind blowing slightly, and the distant howl of another wolf. She didn't have to move, because the howl was so distant that she had to strain her ears to hear it. She then gazed at a few fireflies that were floating about in the sky. Then another noise filled the air; music. It was probably something a human would sing, but she looked up and saw that a bird was singing it. That bird must listen to humans sing too much... Lilith thought, but then the bird sang louder and it seemed like a human was singing it.
Humans sing good. I wonder where this bird picked this song off from? Lilith thought.

Soon enough, Lilith got the feeling this song was a lullaby, because she started to feel drowsy. Then the bird chirped and fluttered away. Lilith let out a small grunt and then looked around and saw that the sky was getting lighter, but the stars were brighter, as if their only purpose was to shine until they died. Dark-blue eyes scanned the sky and saw a shooting star, but she did not make a wish - it was only a strange fairy-tale that everyone believed in. Sometimes she wished she ruled the world so that everyone knew what to believe in and what not to believe in, but it was a stupid idea. That's not the way the world works, Lilith, Lilith thought. If she was told this, she expected a sing-song voice. She then heard distant paws pounding. Pack wolves. They had smelled the gray wolf and she knew, they wanted her out. Why was everywhere being claimed as territory now?
Instinctively, Lilith ran off to the sea, the only place where there was no territory. Loner wolves lived there, but she never talked to them.
Just then, the bird's song came into her head again and she felt exhilarated as she ran. The song ended when she reached the sea.
The sea was not actually a sea; it was actually a really long and wide river. No wolf ever crossed this river. Lilith bent her head down and drank only an empty nutshell size until she was interrupted by a black wolf with amber eyes; a wolf she never knew or seen before. He let out a small bark and said, "Haven't you heard? You must get out of here."
This confused Lilith; why would they have to leave the sea even though it's been used by many loners before. "Why? Did you take it. I won't leave - this place was given to us loners when we had no shelter, source of food or water."
"No!" snapped the wolf. "Wolfram took it over!"
"Wolfram? Who is Wolfram?"
"Wolfram is a silver wolf with green eyes! He killed those who tried to take his territory, the sea."
"But the sea isn't claimable!"
"He refuses to accept that."
Lilith let out a long sigh. "If you're joking with me, this is not funny." She then instantly knew it was the wrong thin to say because she could see the anxiety in the wolf's eyes.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:42:18 am by ~*Crystal~* »