Author Topic: The Mutt - Short story by Tari  (Read 1187 times)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
The Mutt - Short story by Tari
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:48:03 am »
Just wanted to write something. Really tired, tho'. This is some sort of introduction to my fursona's personality & whatnot. Enjoy.

---

The dark figure loomed across the clearing, the "squish, squash" sounds as paws smacked against mud echoing through the night. Vice had just gotten up from her second nap and was heading towards the coast like she usually does. At night, of course; only a fool would travel at daytime across a place like this. Trotting onward, the mutt's ears fell back onto her head at the sound of whispering and snarling. Immediately, the merle-coated hound leaped for cover under some dense ferns. She was too afraid to peek out and see what's going on. A raven-black canine passed her, it's goldenrod eyes glowing rather dimly, but they were slitted and intense - He must have smelled her. Pulling herself into the ferns, Vice's ears perked up to locate the direction of the sound the dark male was creating. "Alright, you rats, get out of our turf before you're heads end up being my dinner!" The sudden booming of the male's voice made Vice jerk back in surprise. There were two other figures in the dark, she could easily see their silhouette outlined in the dark. They looked poorly fed, weak and tired. But she knew wolves in this area had no mercy. The male continued to curse at the two other canines, leaving Vice a chance to dash off across the clearing before getting caught. Better late than never - right? Pivoting off, Vice managed to pelt down the clearing a few feet before coming to an abrupt stop. There was a /huge/ line of beefy, large wolves, standing there and snarling their heads off. Cursing, Vice turned to escape, only to be head-butted by the black male and thrown aside. "Another mutt, aye? How many of you are there? You surely must know what happens to dogs, mutts, like you." Mutt. The word echoed through her mind a split second before the male sunk his teeth into her flesh, shaking her and pinning her down by her chest. "Look, dog, I've seen you a couple of times. I had /enough/ of you, got it?!" He raised his head to bite down on her throat - but, a sudden power toppled him over and onto his back. The merle-coated female skidded away a few feet away from him, breathing heavily and getting up onto her feet as the glowing eyes of his fellow pack-mates glared at her. A moment later, the pebbles on the ground started to shake, clanking against eachother before all of them simply flew towards the pack members and "attacking" them, lets say. The frightened canines flew as the pebbles shook before calming down and falling back onto the ground. The frightened golden-eyed male stared at the female, his ears and tail submissively lowering. He backed up against a tree, his pearly teeth snapping at her. "Stay back!" He ordered - but with no avail. Another gust of strong wind knocked him over as Vice merely sat there, glaring at the male with cold eyes. "Mutt?" She cackled as a branch broke off from the fir tree he had been backing up to fall straight down onto his raven-black stomach - pinning him down. "A mutt?" She repeated as the male struggled to breathe. "So, now I'm just, The Mutt?" Licking her lips with satisfaction, Vice turned to slowly pad away. The branch lifted up from the dumbfounded male and threw itself aside. "Let's go, Kai."

Offline crosscreature

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Ew
    • cross-creature
    • Cross Creature
    • View Profile
Re: The Mutt - Short story by Tari
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:34:11 am »
Interesting story Tariri. I like it!