Author Topic: My controls go back to default?  (Read 4339 times)

Offline kittykat2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My controls go back to default?
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:26 pm »
   I tried searching for another thread that had the same problem as mine but I came up empty. My problem is that I will change the Head Track to Command and the Cam Faster to =, but almost every time I log back in, these controls are automatically set back to default. Sometimes when I log in, only Cam Faster will be at default, and vice versa. Why do my controls keep going back to default? I see no way to 'save' my changes. The only buttons are Default and Change. I'm assuming there's an auto save after changing a control? Are my changes not auto saving for some reason?

Thanks for your help.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: My controls go back to default?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »
You can try changing these controls manually through your files. In your feral heart folder, there should be a file called "keyboard.cfg" (I believe this is the correct one with your controls. I don't have my computer right now with the folder to reference it, sorry! If not, try your settings. cfg file). Open this file with a word editing software such as notepad. In the file you can change the controls to the keys you want by simply typing over what controls are already there. Click save and then enter you game to see if the changes were saved and applied.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline kittykat2000

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:49:37 pm »
I don't know what keycodes correspond to Command and =. Opening the Keyboard.cfg file tells me what keycode a control is set to. I do not need to change anything in Settings.cfg

EDIT: I don't know what the default keycodes are for Head Track and Cam Faster but when I change them in game, and reopen Keyboard.cfg, the keycode for Head Track is 91 and Cam Faster is 13.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:00:46 pm by kittykat2000 »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:50 am »
The keycode for = should be 187, try changing the number for cam faster to that. I don't believe the Command key is a registered key to the javascript language because its only used on Macs. Each browser has a different key for command:
Firefox: 224
Opera: 17
WebKit (Safari/Chrome): 91 (Left Apple) or 93 (Right Apple)

You can try inputting these to see if they will work but since Feral Heart was originally only formatted to work with PC keys, you may have to end up choosing a different key to assign for the head track.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline kittykat2000

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:52:23 pm »
Actually, if it helps at all, I am running Windows on my Mac. When I go to change the controls in Feral Heart and press Left Command, it shows up as Left Windows in Feral Heart. Is there a keycode for the Left Windows button?

EDIT: When I change Cam Faster to =, in Feral Heart, it says it was changed to "Prev Track". What ever that means.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:58:05 pm by kittykat2000 »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:42 pm »
I don't believe it makes a difference because the Command key isn't registered into the java language that the keycodes FH is using. I'm not sure how your keyboard is exactly registering Mac Keys and then transferring to Windows keys, so it would probably be best if you visit this website to determine the keycode for your specific keys:
http://keycode.info/
Simply go to the site and hit the key you want and its keycode will appear on screen. This will hopefully sync up your keys with the correct keycodes and you will be able to figure out what codes you need to include in the keyboard.cfg.

Offline kittykat2000

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 12:00:12 am »
It says the keycode is 91. When I enter this into the column for Head Track and open Feral Heart, it says the key is Undefined:91. It didn't always do this. But, if I manually change it by clicking Change and then entering the key I want, it shows up as Left Windows, and not Undefined:91 despite being the same key.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 02:23:16 am »
Is your keyboard set to an English keyboard? That might affect the keycodes.

Offline kittykat2000

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 02:49:01 pm »
Yes.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 04:39:32 pm »
Hmm, could you perhaps provide screenshots of what your keyboard.cfg looks like as well as the options in game? Its strage that after typing the keycode into the cfg that it would still not match up.