Author Topic: What would you like to see added in the game?  (Read 22095 times)

Offline Snoozysnore

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Lookin’ handsome…but it’s no time for that
    • larkenox
    • larkenox
    • View Profile
Re: What would you like to see added in the game?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 02:58:18 pm »
Aside from more aesthetic driven changes, I've noticed that many times people will ask the chat if there's a moderator online?
It has always ticked me off that some sites don't really have a good way of contacting online moderators, including those that I have moderated on myself!
I think there should be a section added on to the friends tab that show moderators online, and the ability to whisper them/find their location. Kind of like, your friend tab was already friended to all active moderators on feral heart

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 03:46:32 pm »
Aside from more aesthetic driven changes, I've noticed that many times people will ask the chat if there's a moderator online?
It has always ticked me off that some sites don't really have a good way of contacting online moderators, including those that I have moderated on myself!
I think there should be a section added on to the friends tab that show moderators online, and the ability to whisper them/find their location. Kind of like, your friend tab was already friended to all active moderators on feral heart

I think your suggestion is wonderful! It would be a useful addition to the game's UI as I know of several people who would like an easy way to contact a moderator. However, as I'm guessing, this cannot be done without the game's source code. So, due to that, I will show you some forum tricks to see if one of us moderators is online in the given moment or as of recent.

Open up a new tab and go the forum's index or "forum home" >>here<<

Scroll down to the bottom. At the very bottom you may notice a little section that shows "Users Online." It should look a little something like this:

That little area down there shows users active on the forums within the past 15 minutes.
When you click on the number of guests and users you should be brought to this page >>here<<
Looks like this Should be wider on yours; I cropped this example image

On the right hand side of the screen there should be an option to view by "Members Only". That way, you don't have a list of every non-accounted user currently browsing the forums.
This list goes further back than 15 minutes for activity time. It should show you who is all currently online and what they are currently browsing and as of what time. As you can see from that list, I am online. Because of my Moderator In Training status, I am highlighted in yellow. Full moderators will be colored in orange and Global Moderators will be colored in blue. This a way that you can see if one of us is online the forums and you can send us a whisper ingame as a check to see if we're online ingame. If we happen to be online ingame as well, we will get to you as soon as we can. If we are not online in the game, I would send the active mod currently on the forums a PM with screenshots describing the issue as a report. For a guide on how to report correctly, please look >>here<<

I hope this gave you some new information. The "Who's Online" forum feature is handy and easy if you need to see who has been recently active and who might be online to help you resolve an ingame issue.

PM me if you'd like some extra information or if you have any questions ^^
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:51:23 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Snoozysnore

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Lookin’ handsome…but it’s no time for that
    • larkenox
    • larkenox
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »
That is very helpful! That you so much for letting me know. Not really used to this type of forum format, so the more you know I guess!
And also, thank you so much for going through the effort of explaining in great detail, along with pictures too :0! You're very dedicated. I will for sure keep this in the back of my mind for any future instances, in case I need to contact a Moderator.
And it's a shame it can't really be added into feral heart too easily, because I agree it would save time for both the Moderator and the user, but sometimes we just have to do with, and be happy with what we have. Thanks again for the reply!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »
That is very helpful! That you so much for letting me know. Not really used to this type of forum format, so the more you know I guess!
And also, thank you so much for going through the effort of explaining in great detail, along with pictures too :0! You're very dedicated. I will for sure keep this in the back of my mind for any future instances, in case I need to contact a Moderator.
And it's a shame it can't really be added into feral heart too easily, because I agree it would save time for both the Moderator and the user, but sometimes we just have to do with, and be happy with what we have. Thanks again for the reply!

Thank you for the compliments! <3

And you're very welcome. I'm glad to have introduced you to it as I think it's a feature that not many people utilize in this way. Hope you or someone else finds this of use someday.

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline sally123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:24 pm »
I would like a colder map. Since a few of my friends and I did enjoy roleplaying and playing around as polar bears and sometimes even penguins. I think it'd be really cool to have skys rim again, since a lot of people did make dragon characters to go fly around up there. But it'd be nice if skys rim seemed like a myth. Like it was hidden and a lot of people couldn't get there. People wouldn't know if it actually existed or not.

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 10:06:20 am »
I would like a colder map. Since a few of my friends and I did enjoy roleplaying and playing around as polar bears and sometimes even penguins. I think it'd be really cool to have skys rim again, since a lot of people did make dragon characters to go fly around up there. But it'd be nice if skys rim seemed like a myth. Like it was hidden and a lot of people couldn't get there. People wouldn't know if it actually existed or not.

Sky's Rim would have been lovely to have back in-game, I agree.
Someone has luckily taken the time to remake the old maps, including Sky's Rim, and can be downloaded here:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58682.0
It also includes the South Pole map, which would be perfect for you and your friend's roleplaying.
In a future update, I would love to see colder and more northern maps as well!

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
I love just about every idea on this thread, though I'm assuming a lot wouldn't be able to be done due to needing the source code which is rather saddening, but we have to work with what we have to make the game even better, right?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Definitely some things I'd be interested in seeing eventually in an update would probably mostly be map related;

• Jungle/Rain-forest based map, thick forest, tall trees, lots of bushes, grass, stuff along those lines. Would really love to see that.

• A really creepy swamp based map would be amazing! maybe we could add fireflies to the map and such as well? Gator meshes?

• Skys? Can we change the sky to each map to make them a little more unique? (not sure if each map has a different sky already or if you can)

• Desert based? or Canyon? Lots of nice textures we could use to make it really like we're running around in an desert/canyon like area. Probably some cactus meshes somewhere too that could be used!

• City/Town/Home related map for domestic animal roleplayers? I think a lot of people would love that a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May add onto this eventually. There are some other things I have in mind but I'm sure the source code would be needed.
artwork by dehvina

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 08:57:01 pm »
A laundry list of suggestions
1.Sky's rim (EXPANDED)
 2.A map for lion king Roleplayers
  3.some text changes.
   4.fix up the markings problem... we wanna see eachothers markings correctly.

Now here's a lil thing here. I can't import any files that are PNG. Only JPG. When I import a PNG file, the game crashes. And it doesn't give me an error message.
  I run a Mac, it could be an error with other "POM" "POL" users...

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 10:14:55 pm »

• Update "The Grounds" seasonally (or at least put a Christmas Tree and snow on the map when it's winter and Christmas)

Heavily agree with this one. Would be nice to have what acts as the hub of the online world change for the different seasons.

I'd also like to see a friend/chat notification implemented. It was previously discussed, though I'm not sure where that thread is. It could be in such a manner that you could double click on a friend, and in the same menu as 'whisper', 'invite to group' etc, you could toggle notifications for when that person sends a chat message or is online.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 05:07:42 am »
The first thing that comes to mind of What i would like to see added to the game is... Just some new manes! I would love there to be like a really nice long wavy mane, Just some different styles would be lovely! This includes the front mane and the one that goes down the neck.
Also agree with the others mentioned being able to have a different color head marking, body marking, tail marking. The Marking opacity suggestion was pretty cool sounding as well! Besides that just a really beautiful dense forest map!