Author Topic: The Barkeeping Wolf  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Live in the present, strive for the future.
    • View Profile
The Barkeeping Wolf
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:58 am »

Name:Aetius
Origins:Roman
Meaning:Eagle
NickNames:Alpha, A, Aet,
Resides:New York
Family:N/a
Loyalties:His pack, and his pack alone.
Height:Human form-7'2"|Werewolf form-9'4
Build:In both forms he is well built.
Romantic Relations:N/a
Sex:Male
Pack Rank:Alpha
Pack name: Lupa

:Personality:

Aet prefers peace over warfare, however he is no stranger to it. In being as old as he is, he has many tales of battle, and many scars to prove them. However he also has enough wisdom to understand it is far better to avoid battle when it is possible. He however can have a short temper when pressed. He absolutely hates repeating himself, once he has said something, it's best you remember it.

~:Appearance:~

To simply state Aet has one appearance would be very wrong indeed. For being a werewolf, he has two. As a human, he stands a little over seven feet. He has short cut dark brown hair. He looks around thirty years of age, though he is much older. He has a scar on his right cheek resembling a claw mark, from another alpha many years ago. His eyes are a dark blood red. He carries the features of a roman in truth, which was a mix of a few cultures. He however mostly took the features of an Italian, though a few other cultures are mixed into his being. He has a thin goatee on his face as well. His body is ripe with muscles, though tightly compacted to his body, and sleek, they are quite large from the constant fight he must put out in order to maintain, and control power in his pack, and that of his pack.

In his wolf form he stands about nine feet in height. His eyes, though still red, seem to glow if only slightly at night. His muscles enlarge to fit his larger frame, and dark brown fur covers his body. His nails turn a dark black color, and harden, being more like claws then nails. His teeth become that of a wolf's, sharp, and meant for gorging on meat.

-:Story:-

Aet's life was far from easy. His father was a werewolf, his mother was human. He was the product of his father and mother procreating before the curse took hold. His father was a guard's man. At the time he was guarding a caravan, and was bitten while on duty. It was a week from the full moon then, when all the newly bittens turned, little by little over the course of the three days of the full moons their bodies changed. The first night their insides began to shift, to make way for the extra glands all werewolves posses, some might call these poison glands, as they are how their bite infects others. The second night they experience rapid hair growth, all over their bodies... though not nearly as much hair as they would eventually have, it was obviously more then they began with. The third night however is where the pain begins, the third night is the night that their bones begin to change into that of a werewolf's. The third night is when they get their lust to kill... however few survive the third night. Aet's father was not one of the lucky few to survive this, however his seed had already been planted, thus creating Aetius.

Aet seemed normal at first, for the most part. They found it odd that he already had teeth, be they normal at the time, and unlike other babies, he didn't have a soft spot on his scalp. On his first full moon however, which was a week from his birth was when they noticed he was going through the same symptoms as his father. He however, had a body of a werewolf already, and endured the terrible third day. His mother panicked, she had no idea what to do with Aet. So She called the guards, who in turn caged what they assumed was a dog.

The night after however, he shifted back. Leaving the guards utterly confused. They brought the child to the emperor at the time, who did not believe the guards. So he had their accusation tested, however having already turned once, Aet was not forced to in the same manner as his first transformation. So he did not shift on the full moon. The emperor had the two guards claiming the boy was a werewolf executed. Aet was in the room while it happened, instinctualy he began to shift, the scent of the dead men triggering his primal urge to feed. The emperor was scared at first, before he realized what he had. He sent Aet to the arena, where he was treated more or less like an animal.

Aet was known as Lycan by the general populous that attended the games. He grew to be quite huge. The werewolf genes making him grow much larger then most men of the age even dreamed to be. However, when he shifted he became a giant, menacing wolf like creature. The romans came to know him, and his kind as werewolves, they knew his kind existed prior to his birth, however he was the first that they considered, a 'tamed' werewolf. However, Aet was never tamed. Caged? Yes. Tamed? No. Aet was a werewolf, he was a wild thing best left to his own devices, like the lions, and bears brought for the games. The romans didn't care though, he was far easier to handle then the other creatures anyway.

The romans didn't understand how the curse was spread yet... so the first month that Aet was put in the fights... the results were terrifying. The romans promised any who slew the beast freedom, as all that fought in the Colosseum were either gladiators, or prisoners. Neither of which, obviously, were free.

Aet far from minded the slaughter of the dozens of gladiators or prisoners, most he killed, however, a few that he felt were strong enough he left alive... mutilated, yes, but alive. When the full moon was dawned Aet quite easily escaped the prison obviously meant for a wild creature, not a werewolf. He climbed on top of the Colosseum on the third night of the full moon and let loose a blood curdling howl, which all those that he turned no doubt would hear. The wolves that survived the turning came to him, and became his first pack. At the time he rarely shifted into his human form, as did those he called his pack.

Through the ages his pack evolved, and he grew stronger. On occasion they took in other werewolves. When the 'medieval' ages took hold of the earth Aet's pack was very large, they took to building a small village, and a small castle. They followed the humans rules for the most part, and stayed in their human forms unless they had to shift. Few humans knew of their curse, and thought the village normal... they never noticed the lack of silver in the village or the castle really. Nor would they have much reason to find one, for the Lupa were for the most part, peaceful in those days. They hunted animals on the full moon to quell their need for the hunt, and for the kill, and ate as a pack then.

By the time the medieval ages were truly over, the Lupa were one of the largest packs known to werewolf kind, they had a rather simple motto,

Be thy near human,
Thy is not furred.
By thy near wolf,
thy is furred.

Be thy moon shine
thy hunts.
Be thy killer of man,
thy dies.
Be thy killer of beast,
thy thrives.

The motto has been passed from father, to son for generations in the pack. They are taught to all new born, for they are the most important laws of the Lupa. However they are not the only laws.

The Laws of the Lupa are not many, however there are some laws that they must abide by in order to survive. As depicted from the 'motto' as they call it. Any member of Lupa may not show his, or her, true form to a human, except under special circumstances, such as war, or the word of their alpha allowing it, Aet. They may not attack humans, unless circumstances such as war, or permission from their alpha. The alpha understands however, some of the younger wolves can't simply suppress their desire to hunt, and kill, so he organizes pack hunts on the full moons.

The lands however did not stay as they once were, and world slowly became modern. When America was founded, the Lupa sided with the Americans, and many fought along side them. Though, they were not known for being werewolves, their being werewolves did help in the fight greatly, having better eyes, and strength then their human counter parts.

Many years have passed since then, obviously the Americans won the war... how great a role the Lupa had on it will forever be a mystery. The Lupa now live like normal people for the most part, however on occasion ,they will have disputes with neighboring packs. However, being as old as they are few are bold enough to challenge them out front.

Aet runs a bar, which caters to humans of course, but was built as a means for the Lupa to meet without suspicion in this new, 'modern' world. However, most times it's just a place for the Lupa to get nice and drunk. Aet maintains the peace in it, he owns the bar. Often times he doesn't mind acting as the bartender simply for the company.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:38:25 am by -Hunt- »
<--The Hunt-->

Life is the great hunt. We are both hunted and
hunters, hunting and being hunted for love, life, and
happiness...

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: The Barkeeping Wolf
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:39:08 am »
Really enjoyed reading through this, werewolves always spark an interest in me.
A very interesting character aswell love the detail you put into the whole thing well done friend.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »
Wow. .-. That's a very colorful and unique character, Hunt.

While I generally haven't held to much of an interest with werewolves, I really did enjoy reading this. The fact that it kinda skipped along through human history was also fascinating, and I really commend you for posting this bio. It's fantastic, and among the favorites that I've read. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Hunt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Live in the present, strive for the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 01:15:28 am »
Really enjoyed reading through this, werewolves always spark an interest in me.
A very interesting character aswell love the detail you put into the whole thing well done friend.
Thank you. I enjoyed writing him, werewolves are also a large interest of mine, assuming they are created in a fashion I agree with. :3
Wow. .-. That's a very colorful and unique character, Hunt.

While I generally haven't held to much of an interest with werewolves, I really did enjoy reading this. The fact that it kinda skipped along through human history was also fascinating, and I really commend you for posting this bio. It's fantastic, and among the favorites that I've read. c:
I'm glad you liked him. The skipping through human history kinda just happened, haha When I started writing I simply was thinking of making a werewolf that was in the gladiatorial games. Then I had the idea of the barkeeper thing from a show called 'Lost Girl' where one of the main leaderish people was a barkeeper, so I ran him, and his pack, through to that age. :3
<--The Hunt-->

Life is the great hunt. We are both hunted and
hunters, hunting and being hunted for love, life, and
happiness...