Author Topic: Tenth Realm  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
Tenth Realm
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »
"Oh...another creature who has strayed too far from their safe, tame Mother Earth.
"You've just met with a truly terrible fate."

this is going to be my first map project, ever. which is why I'm kind of nervous about trying to make this much stuff but this is something productive for me to do over the summer. Will revolve around the idea of a [mostly] free-to-use map for roleplay, but not organized to the point of it being a large-scale roleplaying group. I'll set up lore and settings, but anyone who uses the map pack is free to interpret whatever else they want. Still, though, I want it to be unique in the fact that it isn't a mapped roleplay, just a map pack with its own settings, gods, lore, etc.

since I don't plan to actually start working on the maps other than the heightmaps until school ends, this is mostly just going to be a thread so I can dump down my ideas. Eventually, this will turn into something much more organized. If you want to help me out, please do. I really need to think up names for every map, right now, they're just fillers. I'd love you forever if you made some art to go with the dialogue at the beginning of the thread, or art based on one of the maps. Or maybe helping me out with the masking and such.

It's going to be moderately inspired by Majora's Mask. Or, at least, the idea behind it; something gigantic looming over you, reminding you that your doom is inevitable, and that you cannot escape it. also i freaking love the "you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" thing and i am going to use it and you are going to deal with it

WEEPING FOREST:
will be dark. skybox will be a greenish hue, as if the trees were still blocking out the majority of sunlight. this is the starting map; it has to be huge. has to give off an uncanny, eldritch vibe; make it seem as if the trees, grass, and entire forest is alive, is watching you carefully. it will not let you escape the Realm, the world that it so lovingly crafted for you. most creatures who have lived in this shadowy world long enough have accepted that the forest is as hateful as it is benevolent; it hates you, it utterly hates all of you for wasting your entire life by just stepping into it, but it also loves you. and it'd be best to return that love, because love is maybe the only thing you will have while you slowly waste away in the Tenth Realm, a prisoner of fate's cold clutches.

FILLER NAME CAVERNS:
dark, twisting. the only sources of light are the gems and glowing types of fungi. this is the underground of the realm; it hides its own secrets, but it has a strangely comforting vibe. love has been here. the caverns are a blessing; they allow an easy way too get around, tunnels carved to many areas of the realm, said to be created by the Sea and the Moon so that they could meet in secret. there is a sacred area in the caverns, in the very center of it; a deep pool. although it is not safe to drink, due to the odd fact that it is saltwater, it has healing powers. take care, however; the Moon and the Sea do not take kindly to it being used for foul purposes.

make sure to not stray too far away from the centre caverns; there are places where the love have not touched, and dangerous abominations of creatures are wandering around.

FILLER NAME MEADOWS:
the moon's haven. it never seems to experience daylight, only a perpetual dusk. filled with flowers, plantlife, water fowl. there's ponds, many of which have waterfalls cascading into them from the mountains above. (? can someone help me with figuring out how to make a sky that stays like this forever?)

MOUNTAIN PASS: leads to valley, tip of the world, taiga.

MOUNTAIN PASS [TUNNEL]: leads to mother-core, maps that haven't been though up yet.

THE FORSAKEN: found in the darkest depths of forest.

THE SEA OF THE WORLD: found by extensive exploration through tunnels.

FILLER NAME TAIGA: leads to running prairie.

RUNNING PRAIRIE: leads to taiga and back to the caverns.

THE MOTHER-CORE: found by journeying into the mountain tunnels, right down to the very bottom of them.

THE TIP OF THE WORLD: leads to sky realm, mountain pass.

SKY REALM:

STORM'S EYE: found in sea of the world.

MUSIC THAT WILL BE USED:
foresaken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlZvM8XAvp8
forest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdbj3Nki2g
meadows (note: will have to cut the sounds of a few things out, such as the footsteps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jps5_TcDAcc

BouncyLion101

Re: Tenth Realm
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:12:36 pm »
<3
I love this map idea, it's so unique and you describe it with a lot of detail.
Can't wait for the map to be finished! Though that might take a while, but oh well. o3o

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:42 am »
dear god it'll take forever i'll probably give up for a few months after finishing only one map, haha. which is why i'm doing it over the summer, so i have plenty of time and no stress.

but thanks vuv

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:09 pm »
dear god it'll take forever i'll probably give up for a few months after finishing only one map, haha. which is why i'm doing it over the summer, so i have plenty of time and no stress.

but thanks vuv
Aw, okay XD
But don't get too stressed out on making the map when you do start it and everything, remember it's all for fun and sutff. :3

And you're welcome.~

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:19:13 pm »
It sounds like a very cool project :3
I can't wait for the finished product! ~(o3o)~

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 03:20:38 pm »
o-o I'm okay this. <3

I love the idea of this map pack, and the music you've chosen so far is fantastic. When you have some of it done, definitely post screenshots. I'd love to see this, particularly the forest~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||