Author Topic: Story Behind Your Username  (Read 38702 times)

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Story Behind Your Username
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2014, 11:11:56 am »
-crawls into this thread- Wow, such interesting stories. I've posted mine already, but I'd just like to say how original, circumstantial and just plain derpy these are. o-o Such coolness. -melts-

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:14 pm »
The story behind my username started in middle school. My in-game username is InuLong, while I'm known as Umi on the forums.
I first started getting big into online games in 7th grade, rght around the same time I was first getting into anime. That first anime for me was Inuyasha, so my first username was inuyasha1086. I do still have and use that account, although it is no longer my main. The 1086 is just even numbers going down from 10. I was looking for something easy to remember.
I used that username all the way through high school, and my friends all started calling me Inu over the years to shorten it, so when I needed a new account I knew it would start with Inu for recognition purposes. The Long part is actually Chinese in origin. It means Dragon, so my username translates to "The Dog Dragon" lolz. I love dragons. I think they are just so majestic and I love to draw them. I even roleplay them. I now use this username across multiple accounts.
My forum user is really simple, it's just a nickname I used for 4 years in middle and high school.

Would I change either of them? Well, maybe I would change my forum username to Aerial Scar after my sona, but I have no need to change my in-game username. It's unique and easy to remember... and it fits me. So I may change one of them, but never both.

^Click to join my rp!

Offline kaya

• Bite me and I'll kick yew arse C: ~ Rak$ha
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2014, 11:15:59 am »
Kaya... well, I was so young when I made it and I was really attached to my dog back then (not that I'm not anymore LOL) and her name is Kaja, so at first I wanted it to be Kaja but, I'm not really sure why, I changed it to Kaya. Just to be a little more... English, I suppose.

Offline HUSoldier

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Videogameninja.com
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:24 am »
I'm obsessed with Hollywood Undead, and in one of their songs "Dead In Ditches", they say HU Soldier. So why not make it a username? :D So thus, my username is HUSoldier. Simple enough, correct?
If I was able to change it, i'd change it to:
-Starducks
-HoneybeeRabbit
-BrassGoggles

Starducks is just Starbucks... but with ducks. |D
HoneybeeRabbit is a bit creative of me. Honeybee is a song by Steam Powered Giraffe, and Rabbit is my favorite member of that band. Simple?
BrassGoggles is one of my favorite songs by Steam Powered Giraffe.

So, i'm pretty simple with everything. eue
Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
And I never thought I was crazy
But what do I know?

wolfdog01

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2014, 06:07:56 am »
Hm....well as for in-game wise, wolfdog01, Idk....I liked the idea of wolfdogs at the time and plus, like a few others on here, I came from WolfQuest and ya know....wolves....wolf....and I like dogs so yeah. Wolfdog. The 01 is what we sometimes use in passwords or whatever so there. But now when I say it out loud I feel like it has a jingle to it...

As for the forum name, well Thyme is my fursona. Dur lol. And the two little '~' came from me not being able to put just regular Thyme....I think that was the reason anyways...it was a long time ago! And I like squiggles, an old friend of mine used them all the time when he talked and I thought it was cool, I never used them but I liked them.

Offline Hennessy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Avi art by Tessel! Thank you m'dear.
    • Ruffle-Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2014, 06:19:29 am »
Well, my new user is the name of my Fyrsona. xP

Siggy By: Jackkdaw
Find Me In-Game: demonicheir
DeviantART: Ruffle-Dog (There's nothing there rnow. owo)

Offline dogdust

• Curious Wanderer
  • :) :) :) :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2014, 02:44:37 pm »
My user name story: I needed a username 1 day. I like dogs so I pick dog but it needed MORE TO IT so I added dust. DOGDUST and now I put a 2 at the end. DOGDUST2.

Offline PotatoPotPie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • PPP
    • ImmaDerp
    • xerceus // teenagedtravesty
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »
Back in 2011, I was watching one of my friends play, and all I kept seeing in General was: HappyPotato, SadPotato, AngryPotato. And I was all like "C: I want to be a part of that" and so I pondered for at least 15 minutes on what I should name it. I got the idea from a few potpies that my Step-Dad had cooked. Thus, PotatoPotPie was born. So I wasn't the very first potato, but they pretty much accepted me in to their Potato family~
'Cause you're the last of a dying breed
Write our names in the wet concrete
I wonder if your therapist knows everything about me

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2014, 09:45:08 pm »
There is no way I haven't poste-- wow. Well, here's the story.
Karachiko:
A long time ago (A few months ago. xD) I was making a new specie. It was basically named 'Karachino' or something like that, I can't remember. Thinking and thinking, I changed my mind and I didn't like the specie anymore. So, I basically threw it away. Whilst thinking about a username, I thought about the city 'Karachi'. I just love the name. I don't know why but I love it. I was like 'why not'. So once I had one part of the name, I still thought that it didn't sound right. Thinking back, I had this doe named 'Chiko', it was an amazing experience and I liked the name so.. 'Karachiko'. Tadaa. Bam.
Okay now.

Honest~Faith:
That name didn't come from my mind, it came from the internet. Let's listen to the story.
While I was wondering for a username that will describe me, I was thinking about personalities. I couldn't get any good so I went on my browser and searched up. 'Most used words'. Scrolling and scrolling, I couldn't find the perfect one.. until, suddenly in my mind, Honest just popped up. Now Faith, I had to search this up. Half mind half internet. While searching, I found it, yes, Faith. I tried to put it together.. FaithHonest.. HonestFaith.. It needed something. Ah yes, this ~.
 Honest~Faith. <3 There we go.
Being Honest and faithful isn't my personality.. nope.. maybe.. don't judge meh ;-;

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline WOLFYINA

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:36 pm »
my nick name is wolfyina because I use to wander the woods alone and howl at the moon and yeah since wolfy is more for boys I chose wolfyina!