Author Topic: Making new friends on forums  (Read 6734 times)

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Im an Indestructible Master of War
    • View Profile
Making new friends on forums
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »
lol hello everyone!

Ive been thinking about this for a while and was wondering what other thought.

Ive noticed, at least for me, that its pretty hard to make friends on websites like this. and no its not because im a loser, its just that i dont know really how people actually become friends on websites that you just post comments on.

Ive had some friends before, like on the IT site though they all came to me. So my question is, how often do you make really good friends on websites like FH?

For me? like one friend every month or two D:

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: Making new friends on forums
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:15 pm »
...I.. really don't know O___O I have no friends either, no worries ;D

I'm guessing just be social, but not in an annoying way

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:21:45 pm »
sometimes its hard to be social when all your doing is answering quesions D:

It really makes me wonder how people can have so many friends lol

starfall000

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »
Same.  I mean I make friends while rping and posting in the games section because you meet people who enjoy doing the same thing your doing.  xD

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:34:57 pm »
For me, I usually make friends in Clans and such, since another forum is similar to this. :3 Plus roleplays, and forum games. ^^

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:30 pm »
hmmmm okay :) thanks everyone. Ill go look for some clan Rp's and stuff

starfall000

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:07:55 am »
Oh, if your into warrior's could you join my clan?  I'm in need of a leader. 0.o

TealSkeletore

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:55:07 am »
Well when I lurk around forums, I notice certain people that catch my interest. For example their opinions are often opinions which I agree with, or we seem to have common interests. Then I PM them and after a few PMs back and forth we share each other's MSN addresses, and then it just goes on from there o3o

Offline Jinchuuriki

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 01:04:30 am »
oooo i see. thank you Teal :) thats very helpful too! i might try that out sometime

Offline Kezra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kezra.co.nr
    • View Profile
    • Kezra's Domain
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:57 am »
I've been checking out the intro/bio section of the forum and looking for people to appeal to me. Usually it's something a little more than just their interests that catch my eye. Like a belief of theirs or something they've had to go through. I used to keep to myself online but have been much more adamant about making friends because I've made so many throughout the years. Lasting friends. Not just the "Cool, you're on!" Sort. But the sort that are there through the milestones of your life to see you grow. You can find some of the most amazing people online. I look at it like this. What are the odds that someone in your town is going to have loads in common with you, and is easy for you to get along with? You might find a couple. But online, you find yourself surrounded by people who have things in common with you. Here's it's fursonas and animals, on Deviantart it's well... art. Etc. And having one thing in common often means having several things in common!

I met the love of my life online. Not trying to. Not on internet dating sites or anything. I just commented on the most beautiful pencil work I'd ever seen in my life and the next thing you know, we talk constantly for ages in one form or another (writing, phone calls, webcam, video games), visit, and now I'm living with him. I constantly forget how we met until something like this is brought up. x) I think it helps to have a strong sense of who you are as a person to make friends online, because you rely solely on the things you say. I'm sure there are a lot of things that make you interesting. Maybe all you need to do is talk about them. :D

One problem I can see on these forums might be that people don't check these as often as other forums, as it seems to be something people are just using during FH's downtime. There's also not as many people on here as other places on the web, obviously, but that doesn't mean you can't make some fantastic friends. :D

I write a lot. Geeez. Hope to see you in game!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:38:29 am by Jaz X »
I like songs about drifters. Books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.