Author Topic: More objects (including intreactive) in Mapmaker?/Tunnels?  (Read 3126 times)

Safa96

More objects (including intreactive) in Mapmaker?/Tunnels?
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:22:14 am »
I think there should be more plants that members can access in Mapmaker. I think this will really help with creativity in custom maps.
My ideas for plants;
Ferns
Cherry blossom trees
Trembling Aspen trees
Wild roses
Hedges (Maybe there can be diffrent shapes!)
Moss
Mushrooms
Birch trees
Ash trees
Willow trees
Cattails
Berry bush (there should be an option that lets a character eat the berries when their close to the bush. If the berries are poisonus, the character will have trouble walking for awhile and the screen will be fuzzy for a while. If the berries aren't poisonus, the character will get a temporary speed and strength boost or something like that)
Custom sized plants (When a plant is selected, there's a bar that let's you adjust the size of the plant depending on how far left or right you move the sticker on the bar)

I also think we should be able to bulid underground tunnels in map maker. There could be a dig button where you want the tunnel, and just hold the button until the tunnel is complete as the member wants it. It can be used for practically anything!

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: More objects (including intreactive) in Mapmaker?/Tunnels?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:08:58 am »
You can already change the size of the plants in the map maker, and the ferns and mushrooms are already there, you just have to create them in object maker.
Other than that, i do agree with more plant life, although the berry bush seems to be taking it a bit far with the effects.
And they do need more extensive caves other than just the plain round ones they have.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Safa96

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:15:24 pm »
How? I have no clue how object maker works.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
I'll give you a bit of a tutorial if that helps. I'll do one for ferns, and it's basically the same for all of them, just find the name so you spell it right.

1: open object maker
2: open FeralHeart - Media - objects - shrubs (the files on your computer, not the game)
3: In Object maker click on Mesh and type fern1.mesh
4: down the bottom there are six buttons. Click add new
5: and there is your fern! Now, click the button at the top that says object
6: Now, type in the name (we'll use fern) and the Group (we'll use MyPlants) and don't forget capitals when typing the group.
7: Right beneath The line where you write the group are 2 buttons, save and clear. Click save.
8: Your fern should now be saved! To check, click on MyPlants in the scrolling area labeled groups, and then search through the scrolling area labeled objects for your new object
~~~
This should work with all .mesh files in the objects folder.
Hope this helped!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:42:24 pm »
In IT you made caves as it's own map and just added the teleport somewhere in the ground or a wall of the actual map. I think it's abit the same here, but you use gates instead. So I'm not sure a dig option would be necessary, would probably make it more complicated than it is to make one now.
Former community manager of FeralHeart