Author Topic: Contests for Public Maps.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Kaela

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Contests for Public Maps.
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »
Many people have been complaining about the shortage of maps, crowding of rooms, and I cannot agree more that the dimensions shouldn't of been taken away. But, I think that if everyone, not including staff because many of them already have a map they made on the game, would love to have the chance to have their maps public in Feral Heart. So, I think map contests would be a great way to both benefit the game, and make more space since everyone is crowding into 5 maps, with only one dimension.

This is a rough idea, though, ideas, comments, and criticism is very much appreciated.

-Kaela from F.H.

TealSkeletore

Re: Contests for Public Maps.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:03:09 am »
That's a great idea Mikaela! And yes I agree with you, we don't need dimensions if we have lots of maps! In IT whenever I went to other maps they would always be empty, which is a shame. It was always mostly Default which was overcrowded, and people would switch dims instead of going to another map. It's a bit sad really, and I think it's laziness.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:05 am »
I love this Idea! I have a few maps that I want to be used by others, instead of just friends so everyone has more places to go!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

slycan

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:19:36 am »
Don't forget that alot of maps that were SUPPOSED to be in game that were made by staff-member did not make it in because they caused lag due to to many reasons, such as the models.

I like the thought but I just don't see anyone having the time looking threw other users maps to see if they "qualify" x.x

there's too many elements needed in a "public map" I'm fretting.

Offline Kaela

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 01:13:11 am »
Alright, thanks for the reply, everyone.

And Sly, what if there is a vote? The members of FeralHeart shape the game, and I think it would be great to have them have a say in the public maps they have. I mean, maybe there should be rules about size and item usage.

For example: Rooms cannot exceed the size of 10,000, and you must only use the available meshes to avoid lag.

slycan

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:41:21 am »
Thats true. (:

TealSkeletore

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:14:46 am »
I have discussed it with Rak and she said that she'll set up a board for me so I can start a map competition. But I don't know if the winners will actually be put in-game in an update or if you'll have to download them. We would need Kovu's Okay for that.