Author Topic: Some concerns about the game....  (Read 21805 times)

slycan

Re: Some concerns about the game....
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »
^
|
This

12dollars

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »
(love the DP of Safa, great comic!)

Anyway, I suppose you cant really stop people from coming on. Everyone has a different personality I suppose. The mods could be on the lookout for really offensive language or verbal abuse, but theres not really a lot that could be done unless they went on a banning parade O: And the block feature is always there to use if you've had enough.

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:58 pm »
Just adding my two cents into this issue.

Even with intense moderation, many people would still slip under the radar. Considering there are so many users logging in to this game, we'll never be able to get it one hundred percent clean and there will always be trolls and people whom will slip up every so often with the occasional swear.

I don't like the people who throw around the f bomb every other sentence, but I'd hate FH to become such an uptight community where you have to watch very closely about what you say.
I'm guilty for letting out a swear every so often in my sentences, but I don't do any harm. Let's say... I accidentally cussed. It's no big deal. Because I'm not doing it to offend, and there's a block feature right there for anyone that I unintentionally do offend.

Now, harassing and using said words just to offend... That's the issue, and there's always a block feature for that.
I'd just hate for the report feature to be abused, where children are spamming the feature with people who use a word they don't like, and people flaunting the butt swing in an inappropriate way just to victimize another user would be let alone because said children find it amusing.

Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:33:22 pm by Tawny »

Lurina

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »
And thats why they crafted the block button.
Anyways, your going to find immature people around the world as for this game, they are lurking around everywhere, just gotta know that for a fact. As I said, block button is free to use, you dun get eaten for using a block button, trust me. o3o;

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »
I personally think there should be a slight filtering then, if not every swear word can be filtered, but some of them. Like the f word or the most known 4letter words.
every sane developer wants to hold their game clean, and they do not want to see everyone cursing all they want.
yes, we all know there are immature ppl everywhere... but if we do not take steps, the problem can be really bad. Like... everyone blocks everyone... they cant RP together... there go the players.
I have been in a few games where you had a free chat, and no, they didnt filter it.. and yes, once they had enough and filtered the chat.
Its in the rules as well...
"3. Any sexually, threatening, hurtful, harmful, abusive, hateful, and ethnically offensive language is prohibited."
If they cant keep ppl to the rules.. then dont make rules....
simple as that.

slycan

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 06:14:35 pm »
Its Only " sexually, threatening, hurtful, harmful, abusive, hateful, and ethnically offensive " if you make it out to be :/

I mean think about it -  that means if you say anything you can be banned for it if reported..

*Eats and licks the bone*
*Smells at the thick bush*
* Licks self *
" I'm a big lipped black coon!"

And what - are we going to ban people from having opinions like
"Wolves Suck" and " This game fails" -because that's hurtful to some people.

..And lets not forget -Removed by moderator- are terms for animals - and yes, in serious roleplays people use these words without worry of a derpy filter ruining/deleting their every sentence.

This isn't WolfQuest were they treat everyone like 10 year olds that need protection from 'teh intnets' - This place isn't for crying when someone says your Art looks like crap and you want a Mod to hold your hand and "get rid of the bag ppls please >:" - This game is like every other MMO where they expect you to use common sense and just click the Block Button.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:23:00 am by Morgra »

Offline Tawny

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:15 pm »
@Slycan's post because my quote button doesn't work.

This.

Lurina

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
If this ends up to be like WQ, or even if it did end up having a word filter I would, Idk, just laugh, curse, and do what WQ haters do. .3.;

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 07:06:25 pm »
As far as the cussing, you have to keep in mind that for some of the people who DO rp on the server, that it may be apart of their character's personality.

I know I have a character who swears often and is quite crude and mean to others - in his history, my character has a legit reason as to why he's like that - he's got brain trauma from being hit by a car. I've tried to tone him down a little for FH as to not piss off too many 'sugarplum daisy pickers', who simply *GASP* at the slightest 'naughty' word, but I'm not about to wipe cussing clean off of him to make the game sugar-coated for them. >:\

Another good thing to keep in mind is that what seems like a swear to you, may not be to other people.

On a more crass note: everything that Slycan said above.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Safa96

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:41 pm »
Hmm. Maybe I've been hanging around the offical warriors forum to much. The admins there are extremely paranoid about inappropriate language. Any word that means something negative is blocked, and I mean anything. Even the words "Stupid" and "Dumb" are censored.
I don't play Wolfquest much anymore, (Because my computer goes crazy and crashes whenever I start it) and I never played much Wolfquest mulitplayer in the first place, but their filter is just too anal. I couldn't even tell people my wolf's name because it was a made up word, and the filter blocked it. I had to use a riddle to finally get passed the filter. What was my wolf's name? Khaz. There is absolutley no reason to censor that!
 I defintley don't want that happening to another online community, espically with a game.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:26:55 pm by Safa96 »