Author Topic: Gimme a break! - "Pause" the chatbox? :B  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
Gimme a break! - "Pause" the chatbox? :B
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »
Ello ello. >D

I just had a quick idea which would hopefully make lives of less-fast typers easy [including me >D Ok I'm not a slow typer, but not a fast typer either, but that's another story]. I have noticed that, scrolling on the chatbox in-game is quite hard, since if you scroll up, every time a new message is posted it will bring you back down to it, so it's pretty difficult to read a message you missed by your friend or whoever. :B

Maybe a button which would "pause" the chatbox would be good? Like, when you click it, new messages are not posted, and you can view already-posted ones. Then, when you click it again, new messages start appearing again. (:

Offline Definition

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Gimme a break! - "Pause" the chatbox? :B
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:56:04 pm »
How about just changing the scroll so when a new message comes up it doesn't scroll down? ^^

But this is a nice idea :3

Offline Sarine

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »
Ya, I'm not sure if this could really work, so pause button sounded more neat ... But hey, if that would work too, it'd be nice. :3

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »
That would be the most awesome thing ever. Even if you turn off all the things but you want to see, you get attacked by 'has arrived' and 'has left'.

Pause. Button. Would. Rule. All.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:11:41 pm »
It would be pretty useful, but then when you unpaused it you would get about a hundred messages in one go xD I like Defined's idea of the scroll not going back down when a new message is posted.

12dollars

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:06 pm »
It would also be nice to be able to stop those "has arrived" cause I get major flood of those messages everytime I enter a map XD Great idea though, pause button sounds good

TealSkeletore

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »
Yeah the 'has arrived' messages are really annoying. I think it would be best if it only showed your friends who were arriving :3

Offline Sarine

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 12:28:07 pm »
Scroll, pause button, whatever people like better. Just do sumthin', I'm tired of struggling to read what my friends say LOL.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 12:43:55 pm »
I agree with this.  Me and my friend tried role playing but the other posts just flood the chat and scrolling is near impossible for me XD I can never find it and we always ask to repost.

I always thought it be easier if "local" "group" "Party"  "Whisper" would not be on the same chat, if you click group, only group would come up for example. Not smash everything into one. I also agree about the "examplefur has arrived" or "Examplefur has left" thing, since it's more often then people actually speaking to one another.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Aroxy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 02:40:26 pm »
Yeah.. I have to say, when I first got on the game I was very disappointed to find out that you can't toggle off the "example has arrived" "example has left" text.. and I was also a little disappoined with the scroll part of the chat.. but I usually resize my chat box to as large as it can go, and then scroll up (less scrolling, but still hard to find what you're looking for)..

~Aroxy