Author Topic: Open Roleplay Chat Channel  (Read 3701 times)

ColonelHamilton

Open Roleplay Chat Channel
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:46:47 am »
I was thinking it might be nice to have, in addition to Local, General, Group, etc, a channel designed exclusively for roleplay would be nice.  If you want to roleplay in FH, in general, you have to wait for a group and be invited into it.  Then you roleplay with the group  However, this has its downsides.  You have to wait for an entire group of people in order play a roleplay, which can take a while. Also, I've noticed that most roleplays are species exclusive, so you can't just wait for the next rp to come along; you have to wait for the right species appropriate roleplay to come along.  This also makes cross-species roleplay difficult. 

With a Roleplay chat channel, you could, say write "Character X wandered through the caverns" in Ficho Tunnel and everyone with the Roleplay channel open would be able to see it, know you were available to roleplay, and respond immediately if they were interested.  Of course, there would be little to no possibility of organization or quality control in a roleplay like this, but you can always join a group for that.  I think it would be a nice way for people to jump right into roleplay.

(And, of course, I am not saying that people should only be allowed to roleplay on a separate roleplay channel.)

Thoughts?

ColonelHamilton

Re: Open Roleplay Chat Channel
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:09:17 am »
I hope this bump is acceptable, as it's on the second page.  ^_^;  just really want some feedback on this idea.