Author Topic: Making Bonfire Islands Easier To Find  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Making Bonfire Islands Easier To Find
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:43:02 pm »
Bonfire Islands is a cool, big, nice map! Sadly only a few people come to it since it's much harder to find... So my suggestion is, to make it super DUPER easy to find, then maybe more people could come to it. I know the way to Bonfire, but it's hard for many other people to still find out. So why not put it somewhere in The Grounds, or at somewhere in Lonely Cave, that would make it MUCH MUCH more popular I expect! So, I hope this comes to a future update. There's plenty of free space at The Grounds and maybe Lonely Cave, so the relocated portal should be either at those places!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:03:23 am by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: Making Bonfire Islands Easier To Find
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:41:08 am »
Not many people seem to reside in both Kiwimbi Beach and Bonfire Islands, a shorter way can help in times where the ingame running speed feels too slow to move anywhere(Or if somebody has wings so they can't dash), but if a teleport feature gets added it might render paths almost obsolete unless people roleplay moving along a path.
And I also wonder if Zama Grotto would have to be extended if Bonfire Islands and Kiwimbi Beach were further apart.

EDIT: The post below has reminded me of the existence of a map. If I may put in a suggestion on the topic of making Bonfire Islands easier to find, adding a sign with a map on it to Lonely Cave amongst the rules signs could make it easier to find Bonfire Islands.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:03:17 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 01:31:14 am »
I don't have much to add, just wanted to let you know that someone has put a map together.
Kibou Ridge is missing, but it can be found immediately turning right and going upwards when you arrive in Cherika Valley.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 03:07:54 am »
I kinda do agree that the maps would be used a bit more if they were easier to find. Maybe a good alternative would be to turn Lonely Cave into a portal map? Have access to all of the maps through that one map!

Offline bailmint

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Promises keep us in chains, my dear.
    • bailmint
    • bailmint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 08:35:01 pm »
I like the idea of lonely cave becoming a portal map, but I also like there being one map that you can find most everyone in (The Grounds). There aren't many players online at a time to begin with so I also feel like this idea would spread FH kinda thin, like there being only 1-5 players per map. I feel like it would be an awesome idea if the game grew a bit more, cause I would've loved it in the original FH!