Author Topic: Whole bunch of ideas  (Read 8661 times)

TealSkeletore

Whole bunch of ideas
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:41:51 pm »
These are a few ideas that I came up with that just popped into my head while playing to make the game have a little more eye candy filled and for tools to be more helpful.

Float on Water Button - This idea is for the Map Maker. It's like the 'Place on Mesh' button except for water.

Ripples - Ripples! I noticed there are no ripples when you walk or swim through the water in FeralHeart like there was in Impressive title!

Splash - One for when you jump in the water, but not the same one that was in Impressive Title

Pawsteps in Water sound effect - Just thought it would be a bit cool to here the lapping of the water around your paws!

Rises and depressions Tool in Map Maker - Have you ever played Zoo Empire? There is a tool which you can drag around your map to make the ground have hills or holes. I think this would be a little more convenient then messing with Heighmaps!

Smooth Tool - To help smooth out those hills and make them less jagged.

Texture Tool - Like the idea above, only you have a tool to change the texture. Simply select the texture and drag your mouse around the map, anywhere where you dragged your mouse would have the selected texture.

Tell me what you think!

Offline Kikay

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whole bunch of ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:44:54 pm »
Totally agree! Those are good ideas! :D They should make more objects to put in your maps too.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:49 pm »
I like the splash and paw sound in water idea. They are probably fairly easy to make aswell.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Shiro

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 12:28:29 am »
I havent done that one game but I have done Zoo Tycoon 8D
That'd make life so much easyer, I really dislike the whole draw the terrain thingie DX
it's annoying. Like a preset without a UV ._.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:33 am »
I actually think Zoo Empire is a rip off of Zoo Tycoon, XD But I've only played Zoo Empire. But that's a whole other topic.

Thanks for the feedback!

The White Lion

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:25:07 am »
I like this idea SO MUCH.

Height maps have me completely lost, so that would be so much easier...my maps are so...BORING.

I REALLY hope they consider this.

freedom

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 02:28:56 am »
I like the idea of the hill tool. I still cant figure out to make them in mapmaker, as well as proper bodies of water.

Offline WolfKat777

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Fantasy is an escape to the creative mind~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:33 am »
w00t! :D I agree with all of those ideas. c:

My new dragon! :3

Offline Kananane

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Look into the eyes of cloud blue color.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 04:44:11 am »
I like those ideas. What about fangs too so maybe you can make I do not know a um saber  :-X really unsure about that idea though.

Shady

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:24:21 am »
As the sound guy for Impressive Title, and now the sound guy for Feral Heart, I can tell you those requests are easily do-able. The paws in water may be a challenge, but I'm sure I can find a way to make it sound close.

As per your other requests, those are quite reasonable. Nothing too extreme, I'm sure they can be put in. I'll have words.