Author Topic: ?????????  (Read 1869 times)

Offline ~SoulEater~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
?????????
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »
?????????
The sky was dark, clouds the colour of graphite hanging low over the dead silent valley. Winter has just passed, but the memory of it still lingered. The lush grass was a dark green colour and was covered with tiny dewdrops from a storm that passed by earlier. The valley was thriving with majestic creatures large and small.
Hidden in the tall grass, Arren crept slowly, his eyes locked onto something. He was a large beast, a wolf to be exact, and his pelt was ivory black. His golden eyes glowed brightly but remained hidden as not to scare away his prey. He approached more slowly, not taking his gaze off the large black crows that were scuttling around before him. Just as he was about to pounce, another wolf shot out of the opposite end and attacked the crows.
"Raahh!" he growled, spazzing out as he tried to reach the crows. "Get back here you stupid flying rats!" He leapt up and snapped at one of the crow's tail feathers only to fail though.
"Ah, what the heck were you trying to do?" Arren said, walking out from behind the bushes, narrowing his eyes at the young wolf. A growl eminated from his throat but he kept it silent. He sat down and watched as the crows were out of sight, then turned back to him.
"I was trying to catch a stupid crow! Isn't it obvious?" the purple-tinted silver wolf snapped, irritated. Arren laughed. "You'll never catch a crow if you aren't quiet," he said, placing a paw on the young'un's head. He swatted it away and huffed, sitting down. "Please... don't touch me old man," he said, rolling his ocean blue eyes. Arren shook his head and sighed. "Don't be calling me old man or you'll regret it," he smirked, lunging towards the young wolf's neck. A yelp shattered the silence of the night.
"Aghh! Alright, I'm sorry! Let go!" he whimpered as Arren dropped him. He coughed and gagged as his neck was stained with blood. Arren sat down, licking the blood off his maw. "Now get outta here, kid. This place isn't safe for someone like you," he said as he turned around, heading towards the woods.
"Eh? Why can't I be here?" the young pup asked, following Arren. Arren stopped in his tracks and turned his gaze over at the silver wolf pup. "Look. I don't have time to answer silly ques-" "This isn't a silly question!" barked the lone pup, interrupting the large brute. Arren could tell by the look on this pup's face that he was greatly confused and wanted to know more.
"It's dangerous," Arren replied. "And may what your name is?" The pup stared blankly at Arren and nodded. "Um, my name is Yukon," he said simply. "Yours?" Arren smiled gently. "The name's Arren. Glad to meet someon like you, but you'd best leave this place." Yukon tilted his head. "I don't understand. Why must I leave? What's dangerous?" Arren lowered his head and pushed the him away.
"My alpha doesn't like trespassers. He'll kill any loner he finds,"Arren responded, sprinting up the hill and looking back down at Yukon. Yukon flattened his ears against his skull. He could tell by Arren's voice that he was lying. As he disappeared over the hill, Yukon crawled up and decided to stalk him. The territory had a strange feeling to it, like it would cause someone to get sick or go insane. Yukon shook his head as horrible thoughts flooded into his mind as he continued to stalk his friend.

Dusk fell, and Arren has met up with his pack. Yukon, hidden behind a bush, squinted as a few wolves, large and strong, sprint up to him. They had shocked expressions as Arren spoke with them. Yukon tilted his head as if to hear what they were saying. Rmm, their voices are faint, Yukon though to himself. He shook his head and sighed.
"Alright guys, let's report this to the alpha," one of the wolves growled, already padding away. Arren folowed closely behind as the other two wolves remained near the front. Their eyes glowed birghtly in the dark and drool dripped off their fangs. What kind of pack does Arren have? Yukon though, furrowing his brow. And why did they leave in such a hurry? All these questions ran through Yukon's mind, driving him insane. He thought of a way to sneak into the pack unnoticed, but it would be highly difficult. Maybe not sneak into it, but confront the two guards.
"Bruce, why do we have to stand guard?" one of them said, an agitataed look on his face. The other one rolled his eyes. "Eh, don't complain, or I'll have the alpha rip off your head and feed it to the demon," he snapped. Yukon's ears perked. Demon? What demon? They have a demon? He shut his eyes. He was even more curious about Arren and his pack. He approached slowly, his head sticking out from the bushes. He'd already made up his mind. These guys don't look so nice. I guess I'll have to sneak in afterall, he thought, dashing out of the bushes. The two wolves looked in Yukon's direction and quickly leapt after him.
"Hey! Who are you?" Bruce snapped. "Get back here!" Yukon panted, a panicked look on his face. He let out a yelp as one of them pinned him, his sharp fangs around his throat. Yukon shut his eyes. "Wha-what are you gonna do to me?!" he whimpered. The guard laughed. "Oh, nothing special. i'll just treat you as I do to any other strays around here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please tell me what you think!~ I'll continue it if you think it's good. There will be lots of foreshadowing, cliff-hangers, and awesome parts you wouldn't want to miss!~ ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:18:46 pm by $p????2? »
Howling in the night.... you never can tell.... the dangers.... the warnings.... the crackling in the woods, the growling of the furry demons. They are part of me. They are part of my family. They are us.... Wolves in the night.

Offline Gallow

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I am not a zebra thats only half of who I am :P jk
    • View Profile
Re: ?????????
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:49:39 am »
Arren replied. "And may what your name is?" The pup stared blankly at Arren and nodded.
Possible correction: "And may I ask what your name is"
(That was the only part I found confusing, other then that..it was Epic)
P.A.S.T 25+ Posts
I shall now rain floof upon you all >:DDD

Offline ~SoulEater~

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ?????????
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:50:22 pm »
xD I was rushing through this quite a bit. Thank you for correcting it. I'll make sure I fix it and maybe I'll continue on while I'm doing it.
Howling in the night.... you never can tell.... the dangers.... the warnings.... the crackling in the woods, the growling of the furry demons. They are part of me. They are part of my family. They are us.... Wolves in the night.