Author Topic: A Shot in the Dark [Fixed]  (Read 2038 times)

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
A Shot in the Dark [Fixed]
« on: December 11, 2015, 06:28:06 am »
This is the song I used. The song belongs to Within Temptation
Here
Key:
SongStory

I've been left out alone like a damn criminal
I've been praying for help cause I can't take it all
I'm not done,
It's not over.

Resting her muzzle on her paws, the sleek-pelted canine stared into the distance, imagining her friends still being with her. Their faces flashing in her mind. No. She didn't need them. Shaking her head she growled at herself. She got to her paws and began pacing around, keeping her eyes low. Their words echoed in her head. 'It was her! She helped the fluff-dog!' When she closed her eyes everything came back to her at once. A painful memory. One she wanted to forget.
But she felt like she had to forgive them.

Now I'm fighting this war since the day of the fall
And I'm desperately holding on to it all
But I'm lost
I'm so damn lost.

With a whimper she was suddenly with her old pack. Her old camp. Several other dogs circled her, their heads low. Their lips peeled back to expose their canines. She took a step back, only to get her back legs snapped at. "Traitor!" A thick-furred, chocolate brown dog snarled at her, snapping at her throat when she lurched back forward.

Oh I wish it was over,
And I wish you were here
Still I'm hoping that somehow

"Kill her. Iron is a traitor." The tallest of the dogs spoke. Iron's sister, Dagger. Iron opened her mouth to speak but her voice refused to work. Then all the dogs pounced at her at once, covering her.

Cause your soul is on fire
A shot in the dark
What did they aim for when they missed your heart?

Iron let out a pained cry, but she was kept silent in the overpowering barks. The dogs kept snapping at her. The soft flesh of her ear was caught as the dog tore at it, refusing to let go. Iron swiped a paw at it's muzzle, catching it off guard. "Traitor!" They chanted, their voices mixing in a betrayed howl.

I breathe underwater
It's all in my hands
What can I do
Don't let it fall apart
A shot in the dark

Now everything was dark, but soon faded into a moonlit forest. The moonlight shone above her, her brown eyes seeming to glow. "Iron..." A voice sounded just ahead of her, behind the trees. Another dog, a black and white husky this time. Iron found herself able to speak, but she couldn't control what was said. "Vicente."

A shot in the dark

Now the two were in a clearing. Vicente was standing beside her, his lips peeled back in a snarl. Loud war-cry howls sounded around them as the pack emerged.

In the blink of an eye
I can see through your eyes
As I'm lying awake I'm still hearing the cries
And it hurts
Hurts me so bad

The trees seemed to close in with the dogs, trapping them. The two were now completely surrounded by the pack. "Traitors! Both of them!" One snarled. The same one as before.

And I'm wondering why I still fight in this life
Cause I've lost all my faith in this damn bitter strife
And it's sad
It's so damn sad.

Vicente was now blocked from view as they were both attacked. Iron heard pained yelp and barks from the dogs. But one stood above the others. Dagger's death cry. Iron felt her heart twist. Dagger might have attacked her. Tried to kill her. But she was family.

Oh I wish it was over,
And I wish you were here
Still I'm hoping that somehow

All the dog's heads snapped towards Vicente as Dagger writhed on the ground, a gaping hole in her throat. Her dark brown gaze locked on Iron. She seemed to long to speak, but she went still.

A shot in the dark

All the dogs pounced at Vicente, covering him in a mess of fur and blood. Iron found herself silent again. Her eyes still on Dagger. The scene began fading away, everything going dark. But the cries of pain remained.

I breathe underwater
It's all in my hands
What can I do
Don't let it fall apart
A shot in the dark

She opened her eyes, back in her new camp. Where she was painfully alone. She let out a whine of distress. "I should have tried harder..." She muttered to herself, remembering the image of Vicente's limp form. Beaten. Broken. She shook the memory away, but it refused to vanish. Vicente was gone.

A shot in the dark

More images flashed. The time they wrestled and played as pups.

A shot in the dark

When they were both placed in their ranks. Iron started out as a guard. Vicente a hunter.

A shot in the dark[color]

When they hunted together when the pack needed everyone to help out.

A shot in the dark

I feel you fading away

Meeting in the forest.

I feel you fading away

The last time she saw him alive.

I feel you fading away

His limp body. His eyes dark, his ears torn, his fur messy and clumped with dirt and blood.

I feel you fading away

Finally. Iron leaving him there. Without another word

A shot in the dark

Iron looked up from her lying position and stared up at the night sky. "I'm sorry." She howled, her voice echoing around the valley. She howled again, no words this time, her voice low.

I breathe underwater
It's all in my hands
What can I do
Don't let it fall apart
Oh, your soul is on fire
A shot in the dark

She then saw more images. Memories. She ran along side Vicente, following the scent of a deer. It soon turned into a race. They had completely forgotten about the hunt. Their laughter echoed around the trees.

I breathe underwater
It's all in my hands
What can I do
Don't let it fall apart
A shot in the dark

Then Iron was back in her camp. Her gaze went to the forest. That pack was still out there. And she longed for revenge.

A shot in the dark
A shot in the dark
A shot in the dark

Now that his battle was over.
Her own one was about to begin.

A shot in the dark

So I know it kinda sucks. I did it in the car on my way home from a family meetup. XD I didn't really have anything better to do. And sorry if my phone spell checked random stuff.

I fixed what I could~ Still kinda sucks though. I'll be sure to add more or change it completely.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:55:50 am by .:Ozzie:. »
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 05:59:37 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOO!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: A Shot in the Dark [Fixed]
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »
Ooh! Sounds like a great b'ginning of a great story! Keep up the great work; I can't wait to read more 'bout Iron! ;D

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: A Shot in the Dark [Fixed]
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:44 pm »
I might edit it later though >.< After finals... Because those suck.
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.