Author Topic: How Old Should You be to Play FeralHeart?  (Read 7739 times)

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: How Old Should You be to Play FeralHeart?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 02:25:50 pm »
I think that FeralHeart should stay 13+, being 13 myself I act way more mature than anyone who is younger than me or at the same age. I do see some people older than me act immature in the game and sometimes there is cussing but there's not much we can do about that. As other people have said, if you do let a 5-10 year old play FH it could put them in a negative format.

As Shurtle said, I don't see why it's suprising to see someone over the age of 20-25 play FH, Having adults in FH will actually increase the chances of the community becoming more friendly as we would have more mature people with experience and make the game seem more welcome for younger people.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Pearbear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • shout-out to all the pears
    • pear-the-bear.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 07:34:41 pm »
Honestly, I started playing this game when I was about 11. & I will tell you right now, I was not ready for it, hahahaha. While the majority of the community here is great & understanding & kind, there are, as in any place, a few bad eggs that kind of ruin it for some people. I feel as though 13+ would be a good age range for Feralheart, honestly. I think that we can have children younger than 13 playing on here, but they might be exposed to rude people or excessive bullying.  Plus, like it or not, some members of Feralheart find it necessary to curse left-&-right or make certain types of jokes that are probably not suitable to be told in front of, say, an 11 year-old. But, there's likely always to be those types of people around, no matter what age you are, so I'dunno. I just think that 13 is kind of the age where most of those 'topics' are already addressed by their parents, or someone else, so it's not quite as foreign or scary to them.
Signature by myself. In-game user is Pearbear
http://pear-the-bear.deviantart.com/

Offline Klipspringer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • D'aw, I need wings...
    • View Profile
    • about me
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 01:41:22 am »
I too joined when I was 12. And let me tell you, I wasn't the most mature 12 year old. Considering I'm about 15 now, and feeling right at home, I believe early teen years and onwards would be the optimal age group. Although it's great that a younger user's first online game may happen to be Feralheart, as it is one of the better communities for games like these, there's still bound to be some hooligans that are going to be harsh with them or expose them to too much early on. At 12, I was still in my "derpy" phase, but still had my own personal thoughts and cautions for the most part, but I'd been an internet user for a couple of years by then between Minecraft and the good 'ol Webkinz and Club Penguin days.
So to get to the point, finally, I believe it boils down to maturity. I happen to know some 11 year olds who handle situations better than some 17 year olds I know, so I think that it's completely situational.
However, though I am pretty comfortable with the fact that a 20+ age group exists (I mean, someone has to keep all us youngsters in line), it can be off-putting to have some older (40/50/etc.) non-staffers. There's nothing wrong about an older demographic enjoying games like these, but it could be hard to filter out anyone with more malicious intents, as is the unfortunate truth with the internet. But I suppose I'm a tad skeptical on the issue due to my own observations of these issues.

Summeralla

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 02:02:51 pm »
I think Feral Heart should keep it strictly 13+. For that being said, I find FH to be more mature than WolfQuest.

Offline DancingWithDeath

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I'm just a scenecore sparkledog lmao (P.L.U.R.!)
    • Mayahzdog09
    • myspace-dot-com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 09:25:12 pm »
(EXCUSE THIS BUMP)
I believe they should be 12. I joined FH at 9 (I'm 14 now) and sadly, due to my immaturity and the AJ roleplayers being a bad influence on me, I ended up getting blocked a lot...
If this post was made before June 2015, STOP! My views have changed since then.
Ingame as Mayahzdog09, DancingWithDeath, or Midnight 12!

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 05:51:41 am »
I personally think it should stay as a strict 13+ rule. I have been seeing a lot of profanity lately which seems to have suddenly sprouted out of no where, no kids should see some of the things people say. I also find younger people hard to role play with seeing as some NOT all have very poor punctuation and spelling which is to be expected.

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
Oh my. I honestly expected older players since the rules stated you should be 13+ and I'm 20 years old myself... My bad. I'll keep it in mind from now on.

Anyways.
I'd say this game should be 12+, but then I'm thinking in European age ratings (PEGI). If I have to think in American age ratings, I'd say 13+. Though users younger than that are welcome in my opinion, some things that are going on in-game (like various RPs and the local chat) can be rated 13+ easily.

MoonwalkingZear

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 08:35:46 pm »
I'll post my two cents here, it's gonna get serious!

Personally speaking I believe the game should stay 13+ even if I enjoy playing mature games*looks at Team Fortress 2 with a cheeky grin because I love it!*. Now correct me if I'm wrong if Feral Heart is operated somewhere in Europe or some other part of the world but I live in the United States and find the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA") law very important, I have played games that say you must be 13 or over and I find that important seeing how we do not want minors to see something they shouldn't.

Okay here's where my two cents gets a little too personal, I have seen minors under the age 13 run around on this game like soda cans on Prop Hunt on Garry's Mod, if I can recall the youngest was I think 8, too young for this personally speaking. Since we have mature Roleplay groups that are sky rocketing where some require you to be 16 or over I think Feral Heart should stay 13+, nothing more nothing less. Simply if a child is too young to dive into Feral Heart they should stay on games like, errrgh, Animal Jam, until they feel like they are too old for those kind of games and should play games like World of Warcraft or Feral Heart.

Offline raemoend

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 09:24:43 pm »
I'm pretty new to FH, but I admit, I knew things I shouldn't at 10-11. (I'm now 15). I was pretty mature, but read some pretty disgusting stuff, and said some pretty disgusting stuff at 11. I believe that FH should be around 10+, but my 8 year old sister wants to stay up to get an account and I'm not sure if that's a good idea. My maturity and knowledge skyrocketed from 9-11 because of me spending more time on the internet. But, I believe that it depends on the maturity level. There's a difference between an immature 11 year old and a strangely mature one (kinda like I was). That's just my opinion, and I respect yours <3
(:< ᴎɘɿb|iʜɔ o||ɘʜ

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »
I would agree with maturity level along if parents are fine with their child playing. I had a friend on FH who was 11 years old whom was a fantastic role-player and spoke in a mature, respectful manner. I say if you feel like you're ready to play this game, then by all means do so! It's fun but there are players whom tend to speak disrespectfully or vulgarly on here just like every other game so keep that in mind. If I were a parent, I'd probably watch over my child if they were at a young age being on this game because bad habits can be gained or people can start bullying. But, if I had to choose what age, I'd keep it 13+.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢