Author Topic: Can't connect to The Grounds.  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Pawfreak

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • I don't have any paws, actually...
    • www.deviantart.com/pawfreak
    • View Profile
Can't connect to The Grounds.
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:20:51 pm »
 Some days has passed and I still can't connect to The Grounds, specifically. Whenever I try the error message appears:
  "Failed to Connect to map server. Retry?" Retrying doesn't work and closing the window and openning FH again doesn't work either. Seaside Grove, The Cape of Distant worlds and Lonely Cave works just fine.

So, just to make it clear:

- Yes, I have the web validation page on. I tried waiting a few minutes before logging too, but still doesn't work.
  - I tried entering TG both through the Seaside Portal and Lonely cave portal, didn't work.
  - I tried joining with different characters too, didn't work.
  - I did reset all homes and sent home using the User pannel with ALL of the characters too, didn't work.
  - I tried logging with an alternate Account and using a character from there, didn't work.
  - I tried installing a complete new, untouched Feral Heart client, didn't work.
  - I tried changing the water reflection, view distance and the graphic system too, didn't work.
  - I tried a combination of ALL THE ABOVE, didn't work.
  - I attempted to connect during the entire week, in different times too.

This connection issue started last Sunday. Ever since, I can't go to TG or any of the other maps (Ficho, Cherika, Eastern Pass, Kiwimbi, Bonfire and Zama) Since the only way there is through The Grounds.

Download my Presets! (https://www.tinyurl.com/pawfreak)
Sig by Pocketmutt

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to The Grounds.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:02:24 am »
Firstly, most people have issues entering The Grounds if they have preset sync installed. If this is the case, there will be a file called badfile.reminder. Simply open it up in notepad at the time of the crash and see what preset file is causing the crashing, once you figure out which one, you can go ahead and delete that preset file.

If not, or if you want to take an extra step to be careful:
It could be caused by the abundance of floofs in that area, AKA internet traffic. I would recommend turning down your graphical settings, just to see if that would make a difference. Open your game settings, turn off the water reflection and set the view distance to 0 for starters. Try running your game in a different engine, whether that be OpenGL or Direct3D9. You can edit this through the main FeralHeart menu, or editing the Ogre.cfg file.

Maybe this will help (: Let me know if it does or not!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:38:24 am »
Nobody i know can connect at the moment.  Think the server needs some love again.
Edit: it's lonleycave people are having problems with. My mistake.  Probably related?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:02:25 am by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Pawfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:41 pm »
Firstly, most people have issues entering The Grounds if they have preset sync installed. If this is the case, there will be a file called badfile.reminder. Simply open it up in notepad at the time of the crash and see what preset file is causing the crashing, once you figure out which one, you can go ahead and delete that preset file.

It can't bet for two reasons:

1 - My game is not crashing, it gives a error message instead. I also tried checking the Sync for any Badfile, didn't find one.
2 - I have 3 FH folders, one with the sync, other is modded normal, and the third is a pure FH with no preset, mods or anything. None of the three works. If it was the sync, only the sync folder would have a problem.

I also did try the water reflection, view distance and rendering system too, didn't work.

Nobody i know can connect at the moment.  Think the server needs some love again.
Edit: it's lonleycave people are having problems with. My mistake.  Probably related?

Yeah, while yesterday I could connect to the lonely cave just fine, today I can't either. Not just the lonely cave though, one of my characters were in seaside and I can't connect with them either. Guess it's a server issue them...

Sig by Pocketmutt

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 01:40:48 pm »
Ah, it could be a server issue then, yes. I have heard that Lonely Cave is having some issues right now with several people. I am unable to connect to it, myself Maybe one of the staffers knows what's happening within the server.

Offline Pawfreak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 11:26:43 pm »
 My game is back to normal. Everything is working now (The grounds included)
Guess I just had to wait a week.

You may lock this now.

Sig by Pocketmutt