Author Topic: [UPD: 20/3/2011]List of known "OGRE exception" errors  (Read 75032 times)

Thunderheart

Re: [UPD: 20/3/2011]List of known "OGRE exception" errors
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »
I get another one.... When I first had FH, I used Dirct3D, and it worked fine. Then from one day to the next it started to crash the game, so I had to change to OpenGL, which is quite laggy for me.
The exact Ogre Exception isn't in your list, but it's type 3 (RenderingAPIException). But when there's something wrong with my comp, why did it work before?
This is my error.
Help?

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 06:14:04 am »
I get another one.... When I first had FH, I used Dirct3D, and it worked fine. Then from one day to the next it started to crash the game, so I had to change to OpenGL, which is quite laggy for me.
The exact Ogre Exception isn't in your list, but it's type 3 (RenderingAPIException). But when there's something wrong with my comp, why did it work before?
There are not many things you can do to number 3 exceptions :( All graphics settings that make sense on this are stored in C:\FeralHeart\ogre.cfg. There are too many hardcoded things, and we can't do anything about them.
Here is default ogre.cfg that comes with the game:
Code: [Select]
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
Allow NVPerfHUD=No
Anti aliasing=None
Floating-point mode=Fastest
Full Screen=No
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600 @ 32-bit colour
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Colour Depth=32
Display Frequency=N/A
FSAA=0
Full Screen=No
RTT Preferred Mode=FBO
VSync=No
Video Mode=800 x 600
sRGB Gamma Conversion=No
If changing settings will not help, try to remember what changed in your system before game started crashing.

Offline jabbott1995

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:06 am »
I get a message that says "FeralHeart.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then i click on details and the first few lines are; "This error report includes... the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID... and the IP address of your computer.
I usually use wireless, so that may be a problem. Though it worked awhile ago. Please help me.

Offline Jamzilla12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • A dark troubled protector... That's what I am
    • DarkGuardian12
    • Darkguadianjira12
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:04 am »
I NEED HELP it says something about roleplayterrain.png file not found something like that I need help my clan needs me!
There I was standing, my body wrapped by dark embers
The heat signifies my dark and foul temper
But the brightness of my fire
Signifies my protective nature

Offline Jamzilla12

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • A dark troubled protector... That's what I am
    • DarkGuardian12
    • Darkguadianjira12
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 08:16:30 am »

It looks like games files got damaged. Try to reinstall FeralHeart.
[/quote]

How can I reinstall the game? pls my clan needs me!!
There I was standing, my body wrapped by dark embers
The heat signifies my dark and foul temper
But the brightness of my fire
Signifies my protective nature

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 03:44:38 pm »
How can I reinstall the game? pls my clan needs me!!
Please create a new topic to Game help. This, and many other things, should be described in the Handbook, not here :( Hope that some day they will.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:50:12 pm by Shell Prisoner »

Thunderheart

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »
You know what? I just swapped back to Direct3D, and it works now.... I didn't do anything. This is weird. But I'm glad it works again 'case OpenGL gave me some weird graphics the last time :]

Nixie

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 05:08:33 pm »
Well,I have this problem. I can't log in to FeralHeart.
I type my username and password correctly and click on Log In,but it always says: Incorrect username or password. (5 fail attempts causes 15min ban)
I tried over and over again but It always says the same thing. D:
I tried making another account and the same thing is happening.
Why?  :'(

FoxfurNeo

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 04:43:38 pm »
I am having some trouble with one of these as well. Mine is number 6, FileNotFoundException. I see on the list that for number 6 it says "unknown" but I thought I'd ask just in case lolz I was sitting on my computer literally for at least 5 hours yesterday trying to figure this whole thing out and actually be able to play the game but I kept getting different error messages xD I really am not sure of all the info about my computer but I think it's WindowsXP and everything else I'm not sure of. The message I get is: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): 'resourses.cfg' file not found! in ConfigFile::load at c:\Ogre_161_tag\OgreMain\src\OgreConfigFile.cpp (line 84)   

So yeah I'm not really sure what to do but it sounds like it's telling me that the Configuration file named "resources" is missing but when I go to "My Computer", open the Local Disk (C:) and then open the Feral Heart folder, all the files are there, including the "resource.cfg" file. Any help is much appreciated, please reply if you have the time, I really appreciate it ^^

Offline shell_prisoner

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »
Have you tried to start the game directly from its folder (C:\FeralHeart), not from Desktop?