Author Topic: Feral Heart Game Download/Install Mac Osx 10.9.5 PLZ Help!!  (Read 3049 times)

Offline BlizzzardWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Blizzz
    • BlizzzardWolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
    I have a Mac Osx 10.9.5
    I have tried everything under the sun (or this big help thread) such as playing with a wine skin wrapper, using PlayOnMac and following the Mac Set up tutorial. And NOTHING has worked. At first everything has gone as planned and when I get to the part where the game is suppose to start the FeralHeart window is black and after a few seconds the annoying popup window comes up "FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Or this one when I try PlayOnMac

Debugging it doesn't work, re-downloading it doesn't work. (I have re downloaded it so many times I can't even count.)  I don't have a firewall blocking the game because it has worked before a long time ago. And I don't have any malware.

These are the threads I have looked at
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57824.0
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57770.0
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57470.0
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57393.0 <I have no Idea how to do that. Plz help here.
And many more posts I couldn't find.
(When I run on PlayOnMac, or Wineskin I start with OpenGL Rendering System because that's the only one.)

I really want to play FeralHeart with the new update and I'm doing everything with in my power to make it run. If you have a mac or know something about them please help!

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart Game Download/Install Mac Osx 10.9.5 PLZ Help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:38:09 pm »
Not every computer/laptop can handle Feralheart. I went through and found a post [couldn't specifically quote it] containing more information;

As long as your graphics card is dedicated with driver updates from the recent years, you should be able to run FH visual wise.

When it comes to ram, you should be indeed be able to survive on 1 gig, maybe even  512 if you had to play it. The most important part when playing FH is no doubt the processor though, so if you have a decent processor as mentioned above with 2 or more cores, or a decent clock set to it you should be able to play just fine.

Plain off something like:
Windows XP Or newer
Intel pentium 4 processor@(3.0 GHZ) or recent
Dedicated graphics card from 04 and up with atleas 128 MB video memory
512 MB of RAM

Recommended would be something like:
Windows XP, Vista, or win7
Processor with at least 2 physical cores at 2.0 GHZ or above
Dedicated graphics card with atleast 256 mb video memory
1 GB of Ram

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline BlizzzardWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Blizzz
    • BlizzzardWolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:12 pm »
Thanks for trying to help but I recently had a diagnostic run through my computer and I'm scheduled for another soon, so my Mac is as powerful as it can get. I have played Feral Heart before but with the update I don't think something was installed right. I also wonder if changing OpenGL to something else might help, I just don't know how to do that. Again thanks for trying to help.
(If I tried to play FH on windows side it would just be slower, windows is slow on my mac anyway.)

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »
I also wonder if changing OpenGL to something else might help, I just don't know how to do that.

Load up Feralheart > Options > Video > Rendering Subsystem > Direct3D9  :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline BlizzzardWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Blizzz
    • BlizzzardWolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 07:36:47 am »

"Load up Feralheart > Options > Video > Rendering Subsystem > Direct3D9  :)"

Could you be a little more clear on "Load up Feral Heart"
 Is it the box labeled "ORGE Rendering System" with the main screen logo on it? The wolf and lion howling/roaring. If so, I don't have an option for Direct3D9. If that's not it then I'm lost. :)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 09:20:17 am »
Hello, there!

1) Download porting kit. http://portingkit.com/en/
2) Once download, open and install, all that good stuff
3) Go to the library tab and drag and drop Feralheart into it
4) Now instead of clicking the actual FH app icon, you can open it by clicking portingkit, then library, then feralheart and play.

How to change you Rendering Subsystem:

The absolute First thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

End~

You can also try replacing the selected text in the top row with:

Code: [Select]
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
Hope this helps and your problem will be solved soon.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:21:48 am by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline BlizzzardWolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Blizzz
    • BlizzzardWolf
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 05:59:00 pm »
Hi Moontwist!

I'm trying your suggestion, but witch FH do I download? So far I have tried FHunix.POL.zip, FHWebsetup.exe, and FHWebsetup.torrent. And portingkit simply wont take it. (Drag FH into library on portingkit, it just moves back to where I left it.)
As for your quote, that's on a windows computer. I don't have a C drive on mac, or I don't know what the equivalent is.

I hope I'm not being hard to work with, the game just won't happen. :(

Its been a while and I feel like no one is going to help, I'm asking questions, and trying to be coroperative but nothing is working. My problem was just dropped.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:41:56 pm by BlizzzardWolf »