Poll

Would You Join?

Yes
No

Author Topic: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?  (Read 38851 times)

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »
What an interesting question!

If I wasn't involved with an Impressive Title server already I would accept.

I would be shocked of course. To choose me for a position without like that without an application of some sort would be incredible. That being said, it would be an absolute honor to be chosen by the staff team to be a moderator. That means putting a lot of faith in me as a person personality wise and trust in my ability to make sure no one breaks the rules and help those in need, and that's a really amazing feeling. It means they believe I can help make the community a friendlier, safer, and overall better place, and that is something I strive to do even as a simple member.

Since I'm otherwise occupied as a moderator on an Impressive Title Server I'd currently have to decline since I want to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to one project at a time, however if I wasn't engaged elsewhere I would most certainly accept.

Thanks for this question! It really made me think.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:28:59 pm by toonanimals317 »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »
At first I think I would be very confused. As most of the mods don't really see me as a good person, I am around my friends.
So as becoming a mod would be a very risky thing to ask me, I would most likely accept.
Yes I mess around on FeralHeart, But if I had the duty I would take it seriously, As mostly every mod on FeralHeart does.

Although I may not get along with the other mod's, I would accept the request.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:43 pm »
Here is how I would have reacted/felt tbh

Stage 1: Shock
"OMG? Me? I mean, b-but why? I-I- But I ate all the Candies in the party wh-- oh you forgot? O-oh you did? Oh.."

Stage 2: Denial
"I-I can't do it! I-I'm sorry but I am not fit! What if I fail? What if my time zone won't work it out and my work and school will get on the way? Oh I'll get paid you say? Oh

Stage 3: Anger
"So I was the last resort because you think the game ain't going well hm? And what am I to you? Just some toy-mod to play with? How dare you!?"

Stage 4: Reflection/Depression
"-Sniff- B-but I was so mean to them and I didn't mean too wwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh"

Stage 5: Possitive thoughts
"Hmmmmm, now as you have said that, It won't be a bad idea.."

Stage 6: Working through it
"W-well I guess, if you trust me so much senpai, I will accept"

Stage 7: Acceptance
"And I promise to the law of floofs, I will protect and cherish my moderator role to the game til the day I will step down from it from personal reasons A.K.A. they will keep me out for using my rank to get free cookies!"

Stage 8: Wake up
"Oh well it was just a dream. WELP time to order Humburgers Krabby patties for my gf and I!"

Yep pretty much me xD
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

WaterMelons4lif

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2017, 05:41:11 pm »
accept! , because I have a dream of becoming a moderator , on any game , one day.

Offline WinterWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • You only live once.
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 05:42:38 pm »
I would try to be calm, and act very mature about the offered position.
I would try my best to help everyone as much as possible, make the game a fun but safe place.
I'm very active as it is now, and that would continue. I'd treat everyone with respect.
And I wouldn't boast or take advantage of my power.

But good things come to good people. :)

~ Winter
~Updating~
Signature by TwistedSorrowz
Find me in game as Destiny!

Offline Klipspringer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • D'aw, I need wings...
    • View Profile
    • about me
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 01:44:23 am »
I would honestly be rather surprised. Especially on this new account with like no posts or anything. I think I'd have to sleep on it, but if I did accept, I would try my best to hold down the fort where I'm needed and help some folks out when I can.

Erranti

How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2018, 02:37:15 pm »
Old thread: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=53167.0

Was afraid to bump it!

This topic is not implying you will or will not become one, but I'm curious how people would feel if they were asked to be a moderator here. (Or anywhere.) Would you accept or decline? How would it make you feel exactly?

Just out of curiosity.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 02:59:34 pm »
It would have been fine to bump it since it was still on topic. ^^

But I'd like to answer it again since...a lot has changed. This time last year I'd jump at the opportunity because I wanted to be one so bad I couldn't see straight. After some events and some....rather bad experiences staffing with another game, I'd be a bit hesitant to take it because I would be so paranoid I'd screw up and get tossed off like in the last game. And to be brutally honest, I'd never be trusted with a staffing job here because of my rather sketchy track record, and many people still feel I can't be trusted, that I'm too short tempered and show poor judgement at the best of times which is true. So if I were asked be to one now? I'd be scared and totally shocked. Would I take it? Ehhhhh depends. Probably would but would be extremely nervous, but I would try my best not to fail this time around.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:39:56 pm by Azura »

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2018, 04:16:51 pm »
I don't know how I'd staff... I'm a bit unforgiving to those whom I've only first seen.

I like justice being served... Probably a bit too much, and will try to teach a lesson that I hope will stay... By making the person feel bad about the wrong they did(If they repeat that wrong). If I were in control of kicking/banning rulebreakers, I'd feel I'm in control of other ways to teach them lessons.

I'm okay with more in custom maps, but wary if there's many users in the custom map as well.

I'm a guard dog when I'm tabbed into the game, knowing this is a child-friendly game, I make sure others keep to that rule, mostly by setting a good example to others about behavior. But I am a bit too guard-y and think it's wrong to even sit in the wrongi angle atop another character that is in an odd position, dancing atop others is also wrong in my eyes, I wouldn't set a good example to others about how to be a mod.

If I were suddenly offered a position of mod, then the amount of power I have over handling rulebreakers has to be specified, and really well specified too, 'else there'll most likely be a bit too many kicks from me.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2018, 04:20:34 pm »
if i was asked to be a moderator, i'd be extremely confused and probably say no. i don't know a whole bunch about how the game works or fixing bugs and all that, so i'd be a pretty useless moderator lol. as well, i don't think i could handle that kind of responsibility, at least at the moment. i'm not assertive enough to address people for their actions if they break a rule, let alone kick and/or ban them. i'm way too anxious and a massive push-over lol.

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!