Author Topic: Role Play Posts That Are Too Detailed  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Swiftstar99

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ~I may be young, but I am wiser than most.
    • View Profile
Re: Role Play Posts That Are Too Detailed
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 01:46:26 am »
[color=pink.]Firstly, I agree. I have a friend (In FH, not mentioning any names.) Who`s posts are four or five things long, and it really gets to me.[/color]

Secondly, I do detailed like this:

Night sat up and drew one black paw over her ear, eyes scanning the woodland for danger.

Now that (Hopefuly) gets my point across, but isn't so long that outher peeps are falling asleep. Aree?
~To leave the darkness, you must think of light. Think you must.

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 02:44:59 am »
I've encountered one with too hard of a plot to follow and the rules just didn't make sense and there were way to many to remember... T-T Honestly it's happened a lot. People have like five mini plots that lead to one plot and you are expected to know Every. Single. One. By. Heart. No. No. No. 1) I have like short term memory loss o3o 2) Why? It doesn't make sense. Then on top of that they have like literally 6 sets of extremely strict rules. Now I thought I was bad with strict rules but oh whoa! Was I wrong! They had character rules, rank rules, how to act with your rank rules, map rules, advertising rules, roleplaying rules, forum rules, aging rules and reproduction rules. Oh gosh... Now that is too much. I can understand Character Rules, Map Rules, Forum Rules and Aging rules but... But... Ranking Rules? Advertising Rules? Why that many rules! Why rules for every single thing that you do? Does no one get any freedom? I had to leave that roleplay because I kept tripping over every rule and was going to get kicked soon. How was I supposed to know your size had to be exactly 3 inches away from the right with a weight 2.7 inches from the right and ear sizes 5 inches from the left. I- I can't do that...

Rant Over

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:34 pm »
Well, I have joined some extremely literate/ advanced roleplay groups, and I could read them fluently. However, when one spends twelve minutes using such extended vocabulary that no one understands them, it's quite an annoyance. I use advanced terms when I roleplay sometimes, but never words in replacement for others that are just too confusing. I will use words like banner for tail, cranium for head, or frame for body, but never anything too too advanced. When I join a semi-literate roleplay, I can expect these words to be non-existent. So, I mean, if you're having trouble with understanding them, maybe join a semi-literate to literate roleplay group? I am not sure, just trying to help ye.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »
If you're refering to wolfspeak good sir, first, it is in no way advanced. Second, it's in almost every roleplay i've joined. I have learned all the 'Definitions' wolfspeakers use. I use maybe one in a paragraph now and again, but only if the definition is close to what it's suppose to mean.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Aniuk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • mesh requests? pm me~
    • giddyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »
Well, I don't mean advanced as in smarter, heck, I wouldn't call myself that. I mean more complex than head. Or tail, or body. It's just more enjoyable to me as I know the definitions quite fluently. I did not mean to offend, if I have. Wolfspeak - I am okay with as I use it in wolfspeak accepting roleplays. There are many roleplays that advertise non-wolfspeak. I mean wolfspeak is basically just roleplaying terms, they don't have real definitions that make sense. But, that's my opinion.

sig by pokrova on deviantART

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 08:53:51 pm »
Vespian took the words right out of my mouth. I don't know why they want to be so detailed, because I think it is much more enjoyable to just simply RP without getting all fancy. It doesn't take as long and things go more quickly.

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 03:15:48 am »
I do like detailed roleplays, but that is a bit extreme.

Signature by HellVix