Author Topic: Mate Centers  (Read 4316 times)

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
Mate Centers
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:17:02 am »
I've noticed something about EVERY. SINGLE. MATE. CENTER. EVER.
And that thing is... People judge you by your appearence, not your personality. For example, say that an extremely beautiful winged vibrant character walks into the mate center. EVERYONE wants him/her as a mate, but that person's personality is in fact, rude and greedy. Another plain character walks in, and gets rejected. That person's personality was caring and willing to help his/her mate. So the people in the mate center got a rude beautiful person instead of a nice plain person.

I've been to the mate center before as a plain gray domestic cat named "Sprinkles." I was going for a domestic cat feel with the size and name and everything. But, surprisingly, I got rejected. I've noticed this very hidden detail in the Mate Center, so I went and made a wolf that was seemingly beautiful to get a mate. Her name was Neon. I went back to the mate center and ended up getting TWO mates. That's right, TWO. And the bundle even came with an instant pup.

The way people assume these details about others is really amazing, people get forced to make a character against their own will.

I don't hate the game, I just needed to get this off my chest.
Have a silly gif I made.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 12:19:33 am »
I can agree with you. People sometimes need to understand what's beautiful about a person. *Sigh*
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 12:32:05 am »
I agree :P but then again there's always bio stalking to see a characters personality. -cOUgh- wait wut?
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 01:32:32 am »
There are many mysterious about mate centers, and that may be one of them. Mate centers, as a whole, appear to be auctioning for a mate, so I don't see where there is much time to actually get to know your partner until after they've been chosen. (Besides bio-checking)

Also, I hardly ever see felines enter mate centers. Come to think of it, I've never actually seen a feline get chosen for a mate even when they do decide to enter. :/

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 01:43:05 am »
Ikr?? Besides, mates there only last for 2 minutes before they have to go offline. I'd rather find a mate in RP and love them for their personality, rather than sitting around all day.

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:41 am »
That's why I don't participate in Mate Centers! ^_^ I would rather find a lasting mate, who I would know personally, and love them based on they're personality, because really, everyone is beautiful in their own way, no matter how plain they look.

Offline alanawolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • thirsty son???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:09:43 am »
I agree so much to this,
People only like you for your apprence and don't know your personallity, that's one of the reasons i never usually take part in Mate Centers.
I rather find someone and become very good friends with them before that is taken to the next level, Mate Centers seem to rush everything and you skip all the good moments. Although, it does keep some of the mate beggers away for a short while..
My DA is - http://shimmeer.deviantart.com/
And my user in Feralheart is -Alanawolf

Offline Fearlesswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 02:45:33 am »
Oh my lord xD I dont know where to begin.

Since I am indeed a feline RolePlayer and hardly use my canine accounts, I havent had pne on one experiences with the 'Mate Centers.' But there arw some things Ive noticed when sitting around Bonfire.

I agree 100% with what everyone has said so far. Looks are judged, which is sad; yes I get you want a "beautiful mate," but inside you dont know what he/she is like.

Another thing I dislike about the Mate Centers ; someone doesnt get picked, no one steps forward and no intrest is shown. How do you think that player is feeling? Invisable. I find the responses of the MC's rude- always saying things like "Next time!"and So sorry! Next up is [name]!" Dont get me wrong, I have seen many Mate Centers with more courtasy than that, but they're rare. There's also the fact that you are sitting with players you do not know nor have you talked to, expecting to have some come up and fall in love with your character. It doesnt make sense to me.

So, to summarise:  Dont go to a Mate Center expecting to get one. The chances are a lot smaller than you think. You may get a mate, bit it might be hard to maintain the realationship because how little you know about each other.
In-Game Username - Fearlesswolf
"Forgiveness comes easy to those with an open heart; does that mean they'll forget? Oh no. They never will."

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 04:28:41 am »
Oh my lord xD I dont know where to begin.

Since I am indeed a feline RolePlayer and hardly use my canine accounts, I havent had pne on one experiences with the 'Mate Centers.' But there arw some things Ive noticed when sitting around Bonfire.

I agree 100% with what everyone has said so far. Looks are judged, which is sad; yes I get you want a "beautiful mate," but inside you dont know what he/she is like.

Another thing I dislike about the Mate Centers ; someone doesnt get picked, no one steps forward and no intrest is shown. How do you think that player is feeling? Invisable. I find the responses of the MC's rude- always saying things like "Next time!"and So sorry! Next up is [name]!" Dont get me wrong, I have seen many Mate Centers with more courtasy than that, but they're rare. There's also the fact that you are sitting with players you do not know nor have you talked to, expecting to have some come up and fall in love with your character. It doesnt make sense to me.

So, to summarise:  Dont go to a Mate Center expecting to get one. The chances are a lot smaller than you think. You may get a mate, bit it might be hard to maintain the realationship because how little you know about each other.
[/color]
Yeah. Honestly, I go to mate centers just to troll. I'd also found out the people there don't approve of same-sex relationships, so when I walked up to a female wolf, she was creeped out by me xD.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw

Offline BadAssJeff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Look at me, Look at me. I'm a Naruto fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:21 am »
Poor old mate center, being rejected.

Mate center is a nice way to get mates BUT the only problem is you only know this mate for a few minutes/half hour before they decide to leave you or log out so when your logged out they can just unbuddy you. Mate Center is especially good for trolling, for example; buttswinging or dancing in the middle when the person who's running it asks you to exit the center and then they threaten to report or block you.

Mate centers don't really have a purpose, when you go in the middle and someone comes up to you then sits. It's just like, ''who the hell are you? I don't know anything about you dude.'' Its true, you really don't know ANYTHING about that player, you can take a look at there Biography but that's either left blank or about their character. You don't know who they are, you haven't had some quality time with that person so it's awkward once you ''pick'' that mate. When you do decide to pick that certain person you don't know what to ask them or what the topic will be about now, you ask them ''So do you want to adopt a pup?'' or ''What do you want to do now?''. They don't know what to say after you question that, they ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS say ''Idk'', it gets on my nerves. That's why I think Mate Centers shouldn't really exist.

Other:
Most players who go to the Mate Center judge a person by there looks, don't be fooled if you think, ''Hey that guy/girl really likes me <3

Warning :
Don't expect to get a mate at the Mate Center. It's a load of crap :)