2 (1.7%)
I dont mind them...
48 (40%)
They annoy me a little
18 (15%)
I like them :D
52 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: "Bald" characters!  (Read 10104 times)

-WhereSunRises-

"Bald" characters!
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »
I bet everyone of you have had one bald char before :D When I came to Fh, I was like: "OMFG! I hate those manes on all these characters!" Really, I mean it! I was like that XD But soon I realized that Its trend which often decides about your popularity and rank among players XD I hated it when I simply had to have mane on my chars at first. I got used to it later. But I still think about it.... Why the hell if you dont have mane, at mate center ur always alone? XDDD Why you have to have mane if you want to fit in rp? It just bugs me how people judge... Same for black colour... Black pitchies are also common view on this game :) What are your opinions?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: "Bald" characters!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 06:38:20 pm »
When I first joined the game, I also found this a bit strange as well. Most of the characters that I used were felines, so I found no real reason to use a mane/hair (unless using a male lion.) I suppose with a canine, the "hair" would make more sense because some dogs and wolves have shaggier fur, yet it took me a while to realize that the game had some sparks of creativity and not everything was realistic, in the sense of creating a character identical to how a species would look in the wild. (Not to mention that some people portray their characters as species that do have hair, like humans.) I think it's nice to see users get imaginative with their characters, and I don't see why not if they've been given the tools to do so. Manes are fun, but all characters don't need them to make them look unique. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:30 pm »

Man, for me it was the exact opposite.
When I first joined Feralheart, I couldn't stand having any characters without a mane. It just looked strange to me. Of course, throughout the years I've grown to appreciate it a lot more. Baldies are adorable.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »
Not having a mane adds some realism to it, however I have big difficulties using characters without one.
I do have two, though. A fox and a lioness.

I like both, it's just a personal preference to use one instead of not doing so. c:
RETIRED.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »
Twist the timeline around and you got me. I never really had a character without a mane back then, but now I rarely make many characters with them at all except for a few. Sometimes it's just nicer to exclude it, other times it's apart of the design though and I'll gladly keep it there. :{P

So basically, what Edo said up there. Some bald characters can be nice, more realistic too. x3 Even if not aiming for realism, it's kinda nicer... I'm repeating myself, but meh, you get my point.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:10:02 pm »
I make a lot of my characters with manes. I dunno, its just that the model looks a bit awkward without one sometimes, at least in my opinion. I do have a few non-maned characters, but that's usually because they only have a small tuft or some other item around their head. I don't hate non-maned characters at all, though! I just don't have many myself.

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 05:54:43 am »
There are two words to describe the "popular" character fasion of FH:

TEENAGE ANGST

The more angst the better.

I'm kidding. Sort of. I'm not meaning to be rude though. Haha. xD

I dunno. I'm indifferent about it. I grew up hanging around TLKFAA where there was an equal mix of maned and bald characters, so I'm used to seeing both and don't mind either of them. But popularity still hung around the people with angsty chatacters. Or very TLK canon looking characters, or just canon artists in general. I don't think there was much of an inbetween... Beside maybe sparkle cats.

This is kind of off topic, but I remember following Kovu's art on TLKFAA and saw IT when it first came out. I kind of miss the old community before FH, to be honest... IT was crazy active compared to this place, if I remember correctly. Anyway. Yeah. I'm done reminiscing now.

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 03:16:23 pm »
When I joined FH, I enjoyed the thought of manes and used them with pleasure. I used to hate bald characters but now I actually own some myself, it really depends on the rest of the character to see if they'd go with their said 'baldness' in the game. My bald characters I do admire as well, so I guess I can say I like them.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline Help

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ''I DON'T LIKE MANGOS!''- Mark Foster
    • temidite
    • guzma-dite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
I never took much attention to but- it bugs me when people get mad at people without manes bc its just an opinion tho? Like some people like realistic.
its ur boy guzma

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 07:16:02 pm »
When I joined FH, I enjoyed the thought of manes and used them with pleasure. I used to hate bald characters but now I actually own some myself, it really depends on the rest of the character to see if they'd go with their said 'baldness' in the game. My bald characters I do admire as well, so I guess I can say I like them.

I second this.
I personally like the bald characters. Sometimes they look a bit odd if the rest of the character doesn't match them, but usually they look unique and interesting.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!