2 (4.8%)
Watery maps <3
3 (7.1%)
Forests <3
28 (66.7%)
Underwgound!
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: What types of maps do you like most?  (Read 5087 times)

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: What types of maps do you like most?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 02:07:46 am »
It honestly depends ... I like any of the listed maps, but if they're just the same old bunch of trees and rocks, they're pretty boring. I like exploring to find little niches and I just like interesting detail and creative use of objects.

I'm making a forest map right now and I've put in some fun scenery, but now I'm down to filling it with trees and it's such a pain that I'll get bored with it after about five minutes. Which means that it's probably going to take an entire week just to put trees in it so I can actually call it a forest.

I'm not big on forests and savannas and maps that tend to be huge, anyway. I have a preference for beaches, islands, and caves/underground maps because they're generally smaller and more detailed - and when I'm making them, it's easier to think up fun objects to put in them.

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 08:16:42 pm »
I like all sorts of maps, and I have made all sorts of maps. I generally like maps on which I can build cool stuff, maps with creative terrains, maps with a challenge to them...

I've had a fascination with making tunnel maps from the start (I have 6 of these now; would be 7, but I haven't gotten around to remaking that tunnel), and intermediate maps (solely for the purpose of connecting one map to another), pocket maps (tiny maps inside a larger map, such as a den inside a cliff wall), mountain maps, etc. Oh yeah, and building maps, which are maps that are a building in themselves. I LOVE building impressive structures on my maps.

The only problem with impressive structures is that they tend to cause a heckovalotta (real measurement there) lag. The map I'm working on now lags badly in several different directions and takes ages to load. But it looks nice! XD

I like exploring forest maps, they're just kinda tiresome to build. *trees everywhere XD* I like hiding cool rock structures in the middle of the trees to spice things up. My map Piccadilly Forest has an entire map hidden by one such structure. It forms a path to the gate for the Path of Stars :D

I've made tons of different sorts of maps, and I love making maps... XD I'd go on about it all day~
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 05:01:20 pm »
I love any map pretty much- I love seeing what people have created themselves. However, here recently I've been dying to see a savannah map. I've never actually been in one.
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 08:40:52 pm »
I voted snowy maps. I've always had a fondness for winter. I also like underground tunnels and creepy places to explore. Any map is exciting if it's well put together!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Laureneda

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • She's mad but she's magic. No lie in her fire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 08:01:49 am »
I prefer forest maps, though thats only my opinion.  I also like tunnels/caves and etc, just pretty much anything that I can explore x3

Offline Primrose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • Primlet
    • Primmmy
    • aleuwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 03:21:02 am »
I absolutely adore forest maps. They're so calm and comforting. <3

Pixel icon made by the lovely, Daffolily. ♥