Author Topic: under-the-radar bullying exposed  (Read 3652 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: under-the-radar bullying exposed
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 09:42:46 pm »
Yeah... I think I've had my own share of bullying, especially including the one I mentioned both here on the FH forums and the game. In fact, I may have had it go on a little bit on other games, like IT servers. :L Sometimes people may not even realize they're doing it, or how much it hurts the other person. Since I was so much more sensitive in the past, it hurt me a lot back then.

I guess the good thing is that I got stronger, though, with all the bad experiences I got like that...

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »
Back in my newer years of playing, even then I had to say all of this was around. Sadly, we can't change the actions of certain people, which is why bullying exists in the first place. It's sad to think of it that way though I guess. I mean, I'n not saying it can't be stopped, we can always try :)

I think another group that you missed out would be those who pressurise other users. What I mean by this, is those who tell you " You're such a nub for not having this" or "Ew, having that colour makes you look like this or be this." I suppose you could say that people who stereotype fit under these statements as well.

I remember a time I was role-playing with my character Abe. Quite a feminine personality for a male OC. he also spoke with a west London Accent. I was in a group at the time and all I remember hearing was "You're wolf is so Gay you need to change his name cuz he shouldn't be like that he's a boy."
I sat there wandering for awhile why that was truly said. After all, is it not characterisation for each character to be different and unique? Wouldn't it be boring to have all the boys the same and all the girls the same too?

And now before I go into a ranting stage I'll just sum it all up by saying I sat there for half an hour after I was called profound names and being called this and that before getting kicked out the group.

Rather silly if you ask me, but it does happen.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:29:10 pm by Chyle »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 09:09:41 pm »

2. the admin's echo: people in a group/on the forum who seem to think they need to echo every word out of an upper rank's mouth. If you comment "^^" or "what he said" a lot, you need to s t o p  t a l k i n g. The person you're backing up didn't stutter and doesn't need your help. Another variation of this is when people gang up on someone else just to feel important. The mob mentality.

I don't see this as being rude or a form of bullying. It just seems like these "echoers" are just clarifying the rules that have been spoken by whoever it was that said it. If they say it in a more rude way like, "What she said, don't be stupid," then that's when it's going against the Respect Each Other rule of Feral Heart.

The rest of the points you mentioned do make a lot of sense, and happen very often in the game. I'm glad you brought these up, because I've seen some players out in the community who preach about the Feral Heart rules, yet they don't abide by them. Some of these members will shun younger players away in the rudest of ways, and claim they have done no wrong in rudely telling that player to "Beat it!". Some of them have the, "Well they shouldn't have come up to bother me. It's their own fault," sort of mentality, and they wonder why people get upset with them, and accuse them of being bullies. It's how you handle the situation, and the words you use that will determine if you're being a bully or not.
Inactive

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 12:07:36 am »
When it comes to admin echoes I definitely think that comes across as rude. I saw the person nudging me back, I don't need a ton of people going "^^^" "What person said". it's humiliating and imo they don't need to clarify the rules, the admin already did that XD.

Another point of bullying I've seen a lot of people struggle with is 'indirect' bullying. AKA:
Person1: *logs on*
Person2: Ew lol look who it is
Person1: Pff y u no love me
Person2: Becauz u almost got my charrie banished
Person3: MEANIE lol
Person2: jk I love u <3
Person1: Brownies just not perfect though
Person2: Yeah she's dum XD
Person3: HA! Really dum lol

They're not being outright aggressive but if it goes on and on and on like this for so long it definitely hurts

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »
Yeah, I'm glad attention was brought to this. During my first few months on FeralHeart back in 2011, even back then there were people like this. It seems to have gotten worse. I for one try teating everyone equally. But I usually get attacked for that. But sometimes the newbies can be quite mean too. "Yeah. I'm new I can do whatever I want." There are also the people who feel they are close to the staff. I'm not saying any names since they have changed since then. But it was kinda the same case... I have seen a lot of indirect bullying too. Hopefully someone is able to get this under control.

Hopefully my phone didn't spell check random words into this.
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 02:14:36 am »
I've noticed a lot of this too. The most recent bullying I saw was a few weeks ago. There was a Mate Center, and one person there was one of those highly literate, ''realistic'' characters.   Every time someone went in the middle that didn't look like them (like, more unnatural colours or not fitting their type of design), they would say, "Ew, you're ugly asf." I would of reported it, but I left soon after and never got screenshots. They were very rude. It's sad some people are like this.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.