Author Topic: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion  (Read 5662 times)

Offline -Silverfeather-

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion
« on: July 09, 2016, 12:08:41 pm »
Just wanted to show you what's going on with the feral heart youtube community right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYlVrRU575k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQFzD9zF8Mo

Yup, #SaveFh..

What do you think about all of this? I personally don't believe it helps if hundreds of people spam Red, who isn't even really involved anymore, with such messages, he even stated that he couldn't bring it back anyways..

Just had to share this after I saw those videos  :o

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:26:12 pm »
Honestly, I'm getting really sick and tired of all of these people going around thinking spamming Red and trying to start a new "Hashtag Trend" just to get the old game back. That isn't going to work. Never will. This update is here to stay. I know everyone had good memories and favorite spots in the old update, but this is a chance to make new memories, to forge paths for new players. Nobody will even give this update a chance. They just automatically scream out that all of their memories are just gone.

This update was took years to actually get around to becoming public. Everyone was always complaining about how the FeralHeart was dying after Kovu left and no new updates were coming out and after certain "events" last Thanksgiving. Yes, the login page is a butt. But honestly, I would rather deal with that than personal information leaking out. Or better yet, the game getting shout down entirely, which the mods could have done a lot easier. But no, they choose to go through all of this to keep the game running. And now they have brought us this wonderful new update, and all people can do is complain. They finally get what they want....and they just throw it down and crush. it. Honestly now that it's been a month...I really don't want the old maps back. I love all of the new ones. I've found my favorite spots and I know this map like the back of my hand. I show others around even. If everyone could just be more understanding of that and ask for help, the wouldn't be having as many problems.

So basically people need to either suck it up and actual give this update a chance, or they need to find them a new game to play and stop trying to start stuff here. Rant over.

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 12:27:05 pm »
I only watched the first video, so I apologize if I've missed something.

I can't say I particularly agree or disagree with this, but I don't think it'll do much. Red wanted a break from his position, I think people should respect that- if they persist and harass him about this stuff then it won't look good on the rest of the community, and I, personally, would not give them what they want if they went that far. I'm not sure if this will spread enough at all to get like that, but if it does I don't believe it will end well.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »
People have to respect the change. They don't have to like it, but they have to accept it. I mean things can't stay the same forever. Everything has to change. Even though the old maps are gone it doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Honestly if people do not like the update they shouldn't play it or at least just give it a while to adjust to it. People don't realize that the staff, and Red, and other users are the reason the update happened and they worked so hard for the update, yet they still get harassed for making it. People should understand that it probably took years to get this update to happen, and I bet it was really hard without a source code. I feel bad for Red, he doesn't deserve to get spammed with hashtags. Hashtags won't do anything, but only make it worse. People should just accept change.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »
Honestly, the amount of irony is killing me here. While the game was in a standstill a while back, with no new updates, the amount of people pushing for an update of some kind were vividly active. People wanted to see everything in the game, as far as "hunting", "fighting", "prey" "new models", "New items", "new markings", etc. And now that some update rolls around, although it may not be exactly what some people might have hoped for, ironically, people want the "Old" FH back. I put old in quotation marks because there really is no "old" FH. It's the same game, and always will be.

Let's also not forget that when you look at this issue from a commercial point of view, an update was the only option that totally made sense. I'm sure there are people in the FH community who play other video games, other MMORPGs, etc. Take World of Warcraft for example. If you, as a customer and consumer of a product, where to go out and buy such a game, you'd be satisfied, right? Its a new game, everyone is playing, looks like a lot of fun. Cool. Well, now let's sit down and play this game for...4 years. But during these four years, nothing changes to the game at all. Its the same maps, story line, quests, characters, etc. Again, from a commercial point of view, it is only most likely that the consumer get bored, and take their business elsewhere. But say perhaps somewhere along those four years, an update came out! There are new things to do in the game, and you no longer have to do the same things over and over again. Sure, will you miss the things that were original? Of course! But now, original consumers are now sticking around to play through the new update, and the new up-play of the update has caused a whole influx of new consumers to be drawn to the game and want to play.

I suppose what I am trying to say with the above example, in short, is that any game/product that is released to the general public is going to be due for some updates after a certain amount of time. Updates are inevitable if the provider of the product wants to keep their product alive. Phones get updates, computers, games, programs, houses, cars, etc. Without update, there would be no progression. And without progression, there is no room for anything to improve or get better.

I understand people miss the old maps. Yes, I'm not entirely a crusader. I miss them too. I had a lot of fond memories in them, as I'm sure lots of other people do too. But bringing back the old maps won't bring back the memories in them. Bringing back the old maps would only call for a back step in progress, and perhaps even create more of a reason for users to abandon this game. Memories are just that, memories. All you can do is think back on them, maybe look back at a screenshot or too, and be happy about them. Memories aren't going to keep old users hanging in and new users coming into the game.

Let me also clarify that in no way did I intend to offend anyone. This is purely my opinion, and you can choose to respect it, agree, disagree, or move on. I hope I made sense in explaining the reason/importance of such an update as it makes sense in my own mind.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 03:58:50 pm »
I really don't see the need for this. It's ok to miss the old game. I miss it too.
But, a. the new update isn't exactly reversible
and b. Red's going inactive, spamming him won't change anything
I'm not going to make a whole rant, because blood on my hands, but I'll leave it with this.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »
it's things like these that make me question people.

like, i just don't get it. why all the hate? people were asking for a new update for... apparently since before i knew of feralheart. and why do they think spamming red will do anything?
i mean... it took the staff years to get this update for us... i think it'll take many more to change it back, if it's even possible. it's not worth it, in my opinion.

then again, i'm probably still a naive idiot who chooses the first side i see... but i just don't understand all of this.

why can't people just appreciate what the staff have done for us?

then again people are just like that.

Offline KatonaKy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Still sleepy
    • katonaky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »
This is beyond childish. How is "The maps are big and laggy" a legit reason to strip away what people had been working on for who knows how long? Yeah, we all have fond memories of the old maps but things change. Plus, Red's going inactive for a while so their efforts are going to waste. And what does this make the rest of the community look like? A group of babies who whine when they don't get what they want.

You guys always wanted a change, but now that's it's not what you were expecting you cry? It's been a month, give it a chance. I ran around and saw tons of cute little easter eggs that made me like these maps more than the older ones.

Maybe we'll get the old maps back, I don't know. What I do know is that the staff heard them VERY LOUD and clear. If they are working on it, they'll say it. But they haven't so we don't know, and the chances are low because they update is still pretty young. Until then we will deal with what we have.

Remember, staff can shut down FH anytime, so don't bite the hand that feeds you. Crying might just get them annoyed and do just that. Of course they're stronger than that and it's not likely.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:47:06 pm »
I'll start by saying that people need to lay off Red.

This doesn't even look like mature discussion anymore but rather complaining and bullying all on one person. (In regards to the videos)

I'm getting really tired of everyone putting so much pressure about Feral Heart on a man that didn't even make this game to begin with. Red, like any other member of the current & past staff, took up the responsibility of caring for the abandoned community of Feral Heart. It's not our fault that the game was made broken to begin with. We do this to the best of our ability with the limited resources we have. We do this because we love the community and the game and like anyone else wants to maintain this place as a happy, fun, peaceful, get away. This "update" was made with the intentions of fixing prior old issues (those we could fix at least.) Issues like the strain the old maps placed on the server, markings creators markings being used for presets without their permissions, buttswinging/headbanging rape nonsense, etc. As a bonus besides trying to fix things we also tried to start creating a new world as a fresh start from the one that was a hopelessly abandoned one. It was all made with great love and care as a gift to the loyal community that has hung on for so long. It was a token of the staff's appreciation for this community.

So seeing this is basically like being told, I see all the work you did but I don't like it and I want old Feral Heart back so give me that.

It's selfish. Red obviously gave them a reply as to why we do not put the old maps out there again, but they want to disregard it because they want their way. On top of that they disregard what he said and now want to recruit people to go spam Red's inbox about something he already cleared up with them.

It's all selfish.

It's incredibly inconsiderate to go about telling people to message Red when he has officially taken a break from Feral Heart. It's also disrespectful to him to keep insisting on involving him in Feral Heart matters when he has made it absolutely clear that he is on a leave.

The sense of self entitlement is disturbing and disheartening to say the very least. I would expect so much better from members of the community.

It was explained that the old Feral Heart had numerous problems and by "updating" it we were able to relinquish some of those very pesky issues. It makes no sense to go back to those issues. It's selfish towards the overall continued health of the game and it's servers to even suggest so. It's selfish to the server master who has to constantly waste time dealing with an old broken version of the game when we could simply start fresh with a version that has less issues. It's also selfish on the part of the community who does appreciate and enjoy this patch.

Those using arguments like lag or missing old maps to claim that the update is worse are making invalid arguments anyway. Lag has always been an issue with Feral Heart since before the "update". The maps were purposely made to be less laggy and demanding. Also keep in mind that lag isn't solely a problem of maps or meshes, character models create lag as do your game settings and just how well your pc tollerates the game in general. There are numerous people like myself who do not experience any lag so the argument of lag is invalid. Also keep in mind we took potential lag to mind and created the "lite" version of the update... We thought things through carefully because we care about the community.

As for the "missing old maps" we already stated that we have plans to add more maps in potential future update(s) and so you may once again see maps like South Pole etc popping up again.

It's a matter of patience and consideration for the staff. We have always had your best interests in our heart. We are trying our best to keep the community happy even though making everyone 100% happy is never a realistic goal. We are trying. If Red said we are not going back to the old game for a reason then that is what it will stay as.

Also take it how you will, but if you still refuse to be patient or accepting of the change then I'm pretty sure there is a game that will satisfy your needs elsewhere in the vast world of games out there. This isn't to say that we do not appreciate you or your opinions but there is only so much sense to repeating yourself when you've already been given an explanation to something. Nothing stays the same, and when changes have been made specifically for the overall health of an abandoned game you shouldn't be so selfish as to force  back what has already been undone for a good reason.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:52:01 pm by SoulScarredStray »

Offline Tailgate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • no longer active
    • spxcepirate
    • 887Horse
    • cassiopirate
    • birb4
    • yllsa_
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »
Honestly, the amount of irony is killing me here. While the game was in a standstill a while back, with no new updates, the amount of people pushing for an update of some kind were vividly active. People wanted to see everything in the game, as far as "hunting", "fighting", "prey" "new models", "New items", "new markings", etc. And now that some update rolls around, although it may not be exactly what some people might have hoped for, ironically, people want the "Old" FH back. I put old in quotation marks because there really is no "old" FH. It's the same game, and always will be.
But bringing back the old maps won't bring back the memories in them. Bringing back the old maps would only call for a back step in progress, and perhaps even create more of a reason for users to abandon this game. Memories are just that, memories.

The sense of self entitlement is disturbing and disheartening to say the very least. I would expect so much better from members of the community.

I definitely agree with this. There has been loads of hypocrisy since the update came out: People had been begging for one for years and when they finally get what they want, it's not "up to their standards". FH had been on a steady decline since the hacking attempt that lead to the login page. It sure was dying. There was also drama surrounding other parts of the game which led to various other people leaving because of that. When it updated, I'd never seen that many people online before --- coming from a person who joined in August of 2011 (and I don't remember, but it might've been a new high for FH? unless that was the forums only).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:52:49 pm by Tailgate »

If you want to contact me, I am most likely to respond on DA!