Poll

Can We Add These?

Yes Brb Sign
12 (85.7%)
No Brb Sign
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: BRB SIGN IDEA!!!  (Read 4015 times)

CloudFish

Re: BRB SIGN IDEA!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:26 pm »
Agreeing with Law, I think it being an option displayed in the Actions box would be best, and indeed, a sign or a bubble over the character's head would be useful. The text signal thing would relate to sort of what Impressive Title had, so it's not beyond possible, I would think.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
I like the idea but trolls and rappers might rape the chararcter while the player is brb. I think when you press brb, there should be a bubble that will protect you from trolls until you are back and the bubble that is around you will be gone.
Signature by Green

CloudFish

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »
Rappers gonna rap.

In all seriousness,  I doubt that would be implemented. And if that happens, well, the user on a "BRB" is responsible for where they leave their character, this is the same for the way things are now. And how they leave their character. I'm not going to AFK with my character on its back, that's just ASKING for trolling. If you afk sitting, how's that gonna work? It won't. Problem solved via the player's own actions.

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:11:21 am »
Yes, and a "personal space bubble" might annoy others who try to move around you. And like I said, it can be an option, so if you want a signal to show you are brb you can, or if not you can just say brb to your friends and leave it at that.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 02:09:58 pm »
I kind of like this idea.
But wouldn't it be more literate if it was an AFK sign, rather than a BRB?

As for the bubble thing, no one's gonna try to rape you if your standing up. So just don't sit down if you're gonna go AFK.

But yeah, I think this is a pretty good idea.

Not so sure that it will happen though... xD

CloudFish

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »
On the topic of it being an AFK or a BRB sign, it think it could be more like a symbol above the character's head. Instead of an actual typed out sign. That way people know you're not there, playing, regardless if you're "away from the keyboard" or taking a lunch break on a "be right back".

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:38 pm »
Some sort of Brb idea would be nice. Perhaps an idle mode like Sameth said, sorta makes you half ghost so ppl know you've been gone/afk. This will prevent trollers from doing stuff to your body as well. And maybe just message when they pm you it auto says BrB or Afk

Offline Lawcere

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »
Some sort of Brb idea would be nice. Perhaps an idle mode like Sameth said, sorta makes you half ghost so ppl know you've been gone/afk. This will prevent trollers from doing stuff to your body as well. And maybe just message when they pm you it auto says BrB or Afk

An idle mode would be good too - one that you can switch on and off manually, or automatically turns on after a certain amount of time being inactive. But "half ghost"? I'm assuming you mean, make your character semi-transparent? What if someone already has a transparent preset? Their friends wouldn't be able to tell the difference. lol

Also, this still wouldn't completely fend off trolls, but really, you shouldn't worry that much about them. They're virtual idiots, they'll do what they want regardless of what you're doing.

I think just a common symbol above the character's head would be the best. Like a small orb/crystal or something. Just a shape that indicates that they are away. Similar to how on MSN Messenger you can tell someone's away by the colour indicator. An automated AFK message would be good too.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:00:08 pm by Lawcere »

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:57 am »
It Would Be Awesome For When You Said "brb" and "back" But Thats Gonna Take Alot Of Work, And Im Not In Favor Of That, I Like The Action Idea, Once you selected a OPTION of course.
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0
http://soulsoflegacy.boards.net/ < Owner Of