Author Topic: Hunting system?  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Hunting system?
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:41:06 pm by ShyClaws »
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Snowlily

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Some times you find your destiney..or it finds you
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting system?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:11:06 pm »
I heard that i think there trying it but a game like
FH called impressive world has hunting

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »
I heard that i think there trying it but a game like
FH called impressive world has hunting
i know that because I play that game
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »
Quite a while ago, Kovu said that he'd be adding Hunting into the game, but we haven't heard anything from him since.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Snowlily

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Some times you find your destiney..or it finds you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:14:05 pm »
Apprently in FP one day i was there they were argueing if kovu left or not

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:05 pm »
When we all say "hunting", do you mean like animal/prey hunting?
I mean we wouldn't hunt other users of course, but what I'm asking is we little animals have to be added to the game for this to work?
I've never played any of the impressive games so I'm struggling to understand this..... :-/

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »
Wait! If they have the action to crouch down to the ground then they must add it :)

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 02:18:24 pm »
Nice one Silver! Anyway, I think it's be really good for rping for Warriors cats rp,wolves rp or lion,hyena rps etc. Cus once I seen alotta lion rps and stuff on before and I thought it's be really good if they had prey cus for example for a warriors cats rp there NEEDS to be prey in order to be realistic if the owner of that rp wants it to be realistic. It'd be way better if it had prey. But I just have one question,did you want prey to drop items or just by itself? A very good idea,Shyclaws :)~Angela

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:24:19 pm »
@Angela,., :
Thanks Angela. But for the groups, shouldn't there be a option to customize this? I'm sure that this would make it more realistic, for example: we have a dog as the prey & a cat as a person on FH. I'm pretty sure that the cat doesn't want to eat a dog, if you could customize this, so that it would be a mouse, I'm sure the cat would wanna eat that instead.
See where I'm going? customization. However, we could have different forms of customization for this:
-Customization by map, official & custom maps (better suggestion of what to do):
Official maps could have animals in its own habitat. But this would have to mean, research on when & where. However, imagine the bugs: animals not being where they should be in, etc.
Custom maps having its prey depending on the user's selection(s) of what animals appear where & when. This would be very good for realistic roleplays, because the map can have whatever animals that was selected by the owner of the map, except the only thing it would be limited to is, how many animals will there be?
-Or the groups customize it (Not good idea though, plus would lack coding abilities of this being fully added, meaning bugs for sure): Only thing bad about this is, that you wouldn't be able to help someone out of your group, only the group could help whoever is in the group. However, this would be mean having a bug such as: Someone asking why you're attacking nothing, because they can't see it.

Now moving on to, talking about drops. Question is what would it drop? XP? Food when you get hungry? Both?
-Dropping XP: This would only mean leveling up. Good meaning you could be stronger, and quicker at killing, etc.
-Dropping food: This would mean, getting hungry, eventually hunger would kick in too: This would mean needing food to survive, realistic, but hard to do, if you're not near food. Anyways, pretty much explained in title:
-Both: Combine food and XP, and you'd get epic survival. When you kill animals, you might get food and/or XP drops. Meaning, you'll get stronger, quicker, and be able to survive without eating for a while, but wouldn't hunger mean you're character would have a temporary effect, such as weakness, slowness? Maybe, yes. However when you'd get to a certain hunger level, your character could faint.

What prey exactly? Well, you'd need to think, about caves, plains and more. However lots of prey would be very good, but would be hard to choose the best ones. Plus, would be very much research, if you don't know about them too well.

Attacking (As I mentioned earlier about sort of about attacking in the group customization, this will cover almost all mentioned above):
-Respawning: Animals should respawn when we run out of prey in a map. Yes, respawning animals would be good you know. However, do you mean 'us respawning'? Read below:
-Do we attack only, or will (some) prey?: Well in my opinion, if we got attacked, by, a bear for example, it would be great to respawn, because our character shouldn't be invincible. A health bar would be best then, and then we could respawn.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 03:59:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure a lot of FH users would like to see hunting.
Actually, I still think a lot of them are holding out for a Christmas Surprise like last year. xD

&&

@Silver:
"But for the groups, shouldn't there be a option to customize this? I'm sure that this would make it more realistic, for example: we have a dog as the prey & a cat as a person on FH. I'm pretty sure that the cat doesn't want to eat a dog, if you could customize this, so that it would be a mouse, I'm sure the cat would wanna eat that instead."

I don't think customizing it in groups would actually be all that realistic. Yes, the cat would eat mouse over dog. But realistically, the prey would just be roaming. The cat would have to run from the dog, and hunt the mouse. I mean. Wouldn't just customizing it make it too easy?

However, customizing by map, I'm pretty sure would already be possible if prey was ever added, which is probably the better idea. c:

Drops.
I don't know about drops.
They might be okay to have, but what about the users that like classic FeralHeart and just want to sit and chat? They need to be taken into account. Or the people that leave FH on and go do something real quick? They don't want to come back to a fainted character.
I just don't know how the drops would work for everyone. And I certainly hope item drops aren't added. IT all over again right there. xD

Respawning is good. Things need to respawn. c: