Author Topic: Hunting system?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline TN-King18

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I will never bow infront of anyone. Be sure.
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting system?
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 04:06:41 pm »
I would absolutely love if hunting was added but
I'd also woudnt like to see (item)drops.
Not just, because I didnt like the item system in IT, also because
I usually sit around for hours, just talking, derping around. It would be quite annoying if I'd have to hunt over and over again. Also, a bar for leveling up might be annoying for some people, because noone would be as fast as the others anymore, and maybe have 1 superchar and other weak and boring chars...

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:08:11 pm »
Took me a hour to write o.o

However, this is if they want to. however you can disable it probably then.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • I'm not crazy! your just too weird
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:01 pm »
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:07:56 am by ShyClaws »
(You- have-nothing-to-fear-but-fear-itself)

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 12:13:23 am »
I usually sit around for hours, just talking, derping around. It would be quite annoying if I'd have to hunt over and over again. Also, a bar for leveling up might be annoying for some people, because noone would be as fast as the others anymore, and maybe have 1 superchar and other weak and boring chars...
yes that would be a huge disappointment if something like that shows off and like I said before still re-thinking that item thing because people might judge other by there looks (for example a person played that game for 2 years and wears none, while people thinks he newb. Speaking of newbs  people like taking advantage of them, like they have a rare and they don't even know it, and then someone takes advantage of them trading them a non-rare.) so yeah im still re-think that

Ps.sorry for the bump and double posting...... that was a mistake
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:28:00 am by ShyClaws »

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »
A slight problem with your amazing Ideas...

Problem 1: Yes, I understand these ideas are absolutly incredible, and they are to die for. Well, maybe not to THAT extent but its pretty good. Where would we even GET these models? Also, the coding would be very difficult. I suppose we could have a system where each type of prey has different amounts of HP, and like IT and IW, we can attack and destroy the prey, but when your crouching, they cannot detect you. This might be a reason also to add shadows. When you kill something, no matter what it is in this game, you can eat it. Each prey has different amounts of meat. One meat is one bite.

Problem 2: Finding the people to code/mesh. Meshes can be easily animated and created through a program on blender, and there should be a tutorial on the FH site somewhere, under member tutorials.

Well, thats about it. Prey doesnt cause lag, don't worry, I have seen many games...
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:32 am »

This has been brought up many times, however it would consume time and memory for this to happen. Another factor is IW. Impressive World already has this feature, and hunting with item drops would take the friendly cooperation away from the public maps. People would fight over items and steal prey. Imagine godmodders in a game like that.

Offline Xcivo

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 01:56:04 pm »
Well I think we shouldn't have item drops at all now that I think of it. Like glitch pool said there will happen to be fighting, stealing, and begging people for items. Not only to mention the fact people will try to HACK these creatures/animals to get these items. In opinion I think if there was to be a hunting system they should you realistic prey so it won't throw off RPer who plays a wolf or anything realistic. And yes I understand making these animals will be a hard concept and take a very long time to develop. (I haven't check this thread in a long  while)

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 09:10:37 pm »
The reason there are hackers on IW: Items, and looks. Why there aren't many hackers on FH: There's really nothing to gain by hacking.

-Obsidian

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 06:06:40 pm »
Perhaps, for the people who just wanna sit around and relax, your health only goes down when you get hit by a hostile prey (bears, etc.)?