Author Topic: We need an easier Map Making System and more things to do!  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: We need an easier Map Making System and more things to do!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:26 am »
Problem is the game wont get any updates anymore aside from maps, so beter dont break our heads for making things better that wont change anymore.

Aside, you do sound as you would need some help on map making, if you do, just ask?
Doing the heigtmap is when you have to draw in 3D case but on 2D paper.
Besides.. layers are helpfull but not a must (in a programm that supports layers, of course).
But without drawing in layers it is a work that needs to be very exact. Every mistake wont be forgiven.

Should there be a Video tutorial showing every thing step by step? Would that be more easy?

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »
But that's what I mean...You KNOW how to do layers and things like that, other people do not. I can't even figure out how to get the terrain just right, with all the grays blacks and whites you have to draw on the map. I tried it once, a LONG time ago before the wings feature was added into the game, and even back then I found making the maps hard.

It might take a while to make something like this for the game, true...But I'll wait a lifetime if I have to for it. Many adults and children have this problem here.

http://www.squidoo.com/mathld  It's a disability that keeps people from understanding numbers and layers...So, even if some kids CAN make maps, they apparently don't have this problem. I'm talking about a system so easy even a 3-5 year old child can do it. Not a 12-13 year old, of course THEY can do it! But kids who are very young, or have disabilities, involving layers, numbers and so on, will not be able to figure it out, no matter how hard they force their brains to understand it. I should know, I struggled with that problem as a child, and still do.

The reason I've come up with this idea, is so the map can become more user friendly. The old map design doesn't have to change, but it also wouldn't hurt to have a newer map that very young children could build, as well as those with disabilities.

What I don't understand, is why most people ASSUME that people do not want to learn, or are to lazy, that is not the case, it is a matter of what information the brain can process naturally. My brain for instance cannot process the information properly, and therefore what you call easy, I call hard.

That's why I was saying if one day an easier map could be ADDED, (Added being the key word) then there could be an easier version for those who don't understand the current map very well, yet the old map would still be there for more advanced users. I understand it won't happen anytime soon...But until an update is made for the maps, I will be forced to ask other players, or even the admins to make a map for me.

One last thing...Not every person thinks alike some have problems with this type of thing.

I see what you mean. Disorders/Disabilities can have some effect on things you do, but it isn't impossible to do stuff. I have troubles with my languages and I'm passing French. I just don't think that saying your disability stops you from learning stuff. If you learn how to avoid your disability getting in to the stuff you do/learn, I'm very sure that you'll learn better. Map making isn't as hard as learning how to code in Java or whatever language it is, it's rather harder if you think it's hard. Try testing what everything does and you'll soon get the hang of it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:20:49 am by SilverTW »

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 05:28:20 am »
I'm not saying you're ideas are bad, because they're not. But I will say FeralHearts map maker is so much easier compared to making maps on IT servers. There is no 'map maker' you code by hand. Manually. For every item. There is no click collision option, you code that in manually too as well as weather files and everything.

With enough knowledge to can easily change how your default objects look by simply editing them in a 3rd party art program like Photoshop. This is a good idea for new map makers though having an easier setting. I feel though having an actual terrain tool may be too hard to actually code in with the way the game is now and the engine it runs on. And this game isn't really intended for children. That's why you need your parents permission (though I doubt many kids actually do that) or be of lega lage.

This does however give me an idea to make a few easy, ready to go newbie mp packs. Hrmm.