Author Topic: Reporters Staff (?)  (Read 3267 times)

ThrillexForLife

Reporters Staff (?)
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:44:59 pm »
Hm..I was thinking we should a new set of Staff come to FeralHeart. I know I'm not a admin, but I was thinking we should a have FeralHeart Reporters Staff because we all know people be doing inappropriate stuff on FeralHeart, and we just don't like. SO..I was thinking we have that, since MODS are usually not on or at work..(No Offense)..So we can have a new set of Members that are very active and usually on the game each day or everyday, watching. So basically Reporters will just go around the maps of FeralHeart and check the the members behavior and helping our dearly Mods/Global Mods. c:   

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Reporters Staff (?)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:03:51 pm »
Kinda like how WolfQuest as a group of Report Team staff members? That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. But I think the mods do a good job of responding to report messages I send. I just submit them to the most active mods on the forum.
Inactive

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »
xD Yeah, got that from WolfQuest. Even though, yeah.. some active mods, but yeah..-Awkward Silence- 

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:12:30 pm »
Well I actually think the mods do quite well, considering there's so few of them and there's hundreds of players playing every day.
But I do see that we may need some more people to moderate the actual game. :/
There's been so much behavior issues in the game..and not everyone knows how to report things too. I support this, we should totally have a Reporters Staff for the game.

But then there's also a big problem with that too. Who are the Reporters Staff going to be? How many will there be, how do we moderate them so they won't abuse their power, and just the fact that they will be human and can't be on the game all hours of the day.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:49 pm »
But then there's also a big problem with that too. Who are the Reporters Staff going to be? How many will there be, how do we moderate them so they won't abuse their power, and just the fact that they will be human and can't be on the game all hours of the day.

I like you thinking your thinking,Bouncy. xD Hmm..People..Hm.That would be discussed by the Admins, if they the idea. If you want to be a Reporter, you have to be active and follow the rules and other stuff. And for when they do get reported, they have to get a warning? -Shrugs-

Well I actually think the mods do quite well, considering there's so few of them and there's hundreds of players playing every day.
But I do see that we may need some more people to moderate the actual game. :/
There's been so much behavior issues in the game..and not everyone knows how to report things too. I support this, we should totally have a Reporters Staff for the game.
Thank you for you thinking. <3 I really admire it. ;D Also, I agree with you. Hundreds of people play it, but MODS are hardly online..Unless you know there timing..But yeah..I think we need some.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 12:03:20 am »
This is actually a very good idea. I've sometimes seen arguments in General that have not been handled, *Cough* a Reporter Staff sounds neat truly. But I've been thinkin'... like right when they break a rule, or when they are going a bit far with breaking it, and there are no MOD's?
(Derpconfused) Anyway, sounds fair truly. An extra few helpers to run around le game.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:22 am »
I understand you. Many people be arguing about something, but there hardly an mods. Anyways, thank you..I really like to help it and game. :D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 01:08:59 am »
I understand what you're getting at totally. The only problem is that it takes a while to pick mods because a lot of thought goes into the people selected. Admins and other mods are putting a lot of trust in the strangers that they finally pick to become mods. Trust is something that takes a long time to gain in someone. In all honesty most users don't have to be mods to help out the community in the way that you're suggesting. You can say every mature rule abiding user is already a mini reporter because they can screenshot individuals doing wrong and send them to the staff. The only difference is that regular users can't ban or kick the rule breaking individuals right on the spot. It's true that mods aren't always able to catch and stop every bad situation but that's what everyone else is there for. You can help the staff when they aren't around by taking screenshots of things and sending it to them. It's not going to make soo much of a difference if a mod gets the report a little late from the time of the incident or wasn't there during the incident. What matters is that the report was sent by a caring user and a staff member can then take care of the problem once they receive the report.

Even when staff are in game it wouldn't be fair to them if they had to just spend all their game time moderating 24/7. The staff are like anyone else and sometimes need their down time with friends too. I notice alot of users acting as if it's the staff's fault if every rule breaking incident isn't being seen or taken care of and that's just not true. The staff here are working very hard and try their best to keep up with everything going on in the community from a slew of private messages in their inbox, to general forum maintenance, in game work, and bits of leisure with their friends. Put that limited Feral Heart time together with personal work/job/home time and you'd understand why it's not always soo easy. The staff are trying to get more helping hands out there. They have entrusted WhiteLightHeart and I just recently with this privilege so with time we hope to have a larger trusted staff team in the game watching out for everyone. It might take a while to keep adding to the team but the staff is trying their hardest to keep up with the growth and demand in this community. It's always really nice to see that so many other users like you all care so much for the welfare of this community so good point still Thrillex.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:38 am »
I do agree with everything that has been said on this trend, although I do feel like it's kinda understaffed alittle, due to the huge amount of new members that feral heart does get when registration opens. In all honesty, the staff here does try there best but they are about 9-13 regular carefuly chosen people against 1000+ users with multiple maps. While I do always find that the staff stays in the plains, since it's the most place people go to, there are 7-8 public maps that they walk by as well.

But if anything, regular members like us can do our part by just taking screenies of anything that falls in the "breaking rules" category. Regular members like us can be a asset to this kinda thing and try to at least do our part for our community.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:55 am »
As a few have already explained, getting staff takes a lot of work and time because they cannot just pick people off by hand, people have to prove themselves worthy for the task.

Mods do not just chooose you for how reporting you are, they also choose how helpful you are, you don't need a "rank of staff" to police the maps. Heck most of my days I spend dossing aroud some maps policing people, my intentions however are not fully clear to some people.

Just because I tell them off, doesn't mean I am trying to be mean, I am also try to help others play in a helpful and safe environment which is what the mods are trying to hold up (with the use of rules) but not many people read these sadly, so they have to be either informed or re-informed about them.

Like I said, you don't need to be of any ceertain rank to report people, however the idea is nice of you to consider.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:00:23 pm by Sibb »

Signatures    |    Avatars