Poll

Should I go through with the idea?

Yes
No opinion
No

Author Topic: Semi-Annual Feral Olympics!  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Semi-Annual Feral Olympics!
« on: June 21, 2013, 04:31:23 pm »
This idea came to me a while ago actually, and it's not quite something that would be added...rather attended. (So if this is in the wrong spot, very sorry :-X ) The concept is simple; be the first and/or fastest to complete a set of obstacles to win the Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal. There would only be three events, since our movement capabilities on Feralheart are limited;

Platforming: Like you've never done before. You thought Ascension Island was hard? That thing's a playground compared to this.
                 Suggested Training: Ironically, Sky's Rim & Ascension Island

Character Designs: No, not preset designs, just plain old markings and RGB.
                Suggested Training: Maybe look up pictures of animals? Experiment with the color scales?

Maze Course:  As the name states, you'd try and get through a maze as fast as you can.
                Suggested Training: Find your way to Atlantis without using the mini map.

Sadly, I'm not sure if I should continue making the map. I'd rather have better events (except platforming), and I'm not sure how many people would actually come to the event. I'd love to go forward with this idea, but if no one will come to it I don't see the point of continuing. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:36:18 pm by Warrior4ever »

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
Re: Semi-Annual Feral Olympics!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »
I like this idea. Seems..... Legit. XD. I like the Atlantis one, and the platforming one, too. The character design shouldn't include mm, because what if the judges aren't allowed to download? I also think that there should be a specific animal to impersonate. Now, my iPad battery is almost drained. Springles out!!!
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »
This sounds like a very a very fun and creative way to bond with fellow floofs, as well as get to know them a bit better by going through these well though out courses. I very much like this idea, I'd definitely participate if it does happen to go through. Sounds very fun, to have possibly an Olympic event once a year perhaps?

And since you are making it, those who'd like to join it could download the map while the others don't. But of course, to prevent randomers using the map for their own, I suggest making a thread for Olympic applications, and those who'd like to participate, you can PM them the link once their application is filled out. But what's the Olympics without a proper audience? Those who'd like to stay and watch can notify you, thus getting the link?

Just a simple suggestion, because I very much would love to see how this pulls through. You should wait for moar opinions before making it official, though. c:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:57:21 pm by .exe »

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:20:38 pm »
This is actually quite interesthing
Just the last 2 firstly

2. one
What would judges look for these? who is the prettiest? what?
Everyone has a different taste of word beautiful.

3. one
1. If you make it then it can get quite confusing firstly minimaps might tell the way (lets say me and my friend are there we see each other dots)
also when you make the maze with height map.
2. You can glitch over the stuff by dash.
If you even disable the flying and everyone must wear wings if they want really badly they can glitch over the stuff.

Anyways I kind of like this contest idea. But yeah keep your work up! ;)
shhh noone knows me

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 06:18:34 pm »
I think the more I do think about jumping the steps from AI and making it into a legit game would be fun. Although me being Feareh I would just rage quit cause I suck at the steps. For sure I think the  Platform and Maze does sound like so much fun. Although I do feel like the middle one does sound like the Preset competition and that does recognize people's creativity in designing a character. I think your on the right track though. I do like this competitive idea for sure.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »
The platforming I really want to do. Sounds like a ton of fun to me :D

The character design thing though, I'd actually think of something like a fashion show, not presets, but character design, closest one to the species theme wins. Ya know what I mean? Is this what you mean by that...?

The maze thing I'm confused about when you say Atlantis, because Atlantis is a public map in FH... I don't get it. ^^ Atlantis as in a made map by you...?

I'm up for the platforming totally. ^^

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »
I think I may have phrased that wrong. If I do happen to make this official I won't be using public maps at all, I was simply giving suggestions as to where competitors could practice before the map is out. In my opinion, if you can find your way through South Pole and to Atlantis without using your mini map, that's basically like finding your way through a maze. Sorry for the confusion ^.^'

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 08:43:51 pm »
Call it Feralymics! I had aroud the same idea too xD so I *thumbs up* this.
More community events :D

Events:
Racing a straight line:
The fastest E spammer wins!

Racing a curved track
(around deep enough to have racers unnable to jump out.) E-spammers will get stuck if not wise xD !
First that crosses line wins.

Obstacle race:
Curved race with obstacles.
First to cross the finish line wins!

Jumping race:
Players jump in a straight line on tall pillars above lava.
You fall in you are out of the race. First to finish the track wins!

Jumper:
An area is filled with tall narrow randomly spaced pillars (above lava with lava falls and stuff :D ) Competitors are on them and an event master will shout JUMP all so often /every few seconds, not much time to rest!) At that time all must jump on another rillar, but not on the same one they cannot jump back to their previous pillar. Judges will be monitoring them closely.
Last one standing wins!

Arena RP wrestling:
Wrestling
The first to give in wins.

Climbing course:
Climb a wall that includes many jumpable objects from trees to rocks and barrels.
First one toget to the top wins!

Island jump.
Something alongside the likes of AI, but harder!

Maze run will be strictly monitored by FLYING judges! No height map for this, no dashing! Multiple same-routed mazes!

Other:

Tribunes for all events!
amphitheatre (anyone wanna do Hamlet?)
MUD Tick-tac-toe (I have the item)
Ristanc
Giant chess board
Pools
Random sircles and meeting places for other custom events
Scoreboards
Park
Tents you can enter
Rooms for staff and judges

Make more of an event map than a Feralypics one :D both could be included together as a fun-eventing map everyone could attend for fun stuff!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:14:24 pm by Vessan »

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 02:17:27 am »