Poll

Should I go through with the idea?

Yes
No opinion
No

Author Topic: Semi-Annual Feral Olympics!  (Read 6194 times)

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
Re: Semi-Annual Feral Olympics!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:23 am »
I can't quote, but what warrior responded.

Thanks, I think... Neon is awesome. *blushes because trolls are neon... Sometimes.* xD
There should be three canines, and three feline species. My suggestions are that there is
Ocelot, panther, and house cat. You would have to do research and make them the exact size and weight.
You would also have to post a screenshot to one of the judges, for proof that you did it. You would choose
One animal, of each model. Canines would be wolf, fox, and any breed of house dog.

I will voulenteer to be a judge, if this event ever takes place.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 04:32:09 am »
Actually Vessan, I have more than one of the ideas you put as "other" already in the map. I have a circle like pattern in the height map (hard to explain), in 4 of the five circles are small camps for visitors to stay in if they feel like it. There is a large portion of the map sectioned off for judges and competitor quarters, with a special house for Mods and Admins if they so choose to come to the event. All the events in fact are in their own little colosseums, which is why I've only made three contests(the colosseums are a pain to decorate and install elevators). The circles themselves are like pools in a way. I suppose you could think of it like a ring,  with the actual metal of the ring being water and the center and around it being land.Then think of those rings lined up in a spaced out version of the Olympic rings symbol, with small ponds spaced around it.  I've custom made bridges to cross the water, even though they can easily be jumped over, and the general design of the map is park-ish in a sense. With trees and foliage randomly spaced about and campfires to sit around. I'm not sure how else I would create the more game like ideas, (tick tack toe, chessboard) but the map isn't huge so it's quite easy to find members to chat with (seeing as general was removed). Maybe I'll make a second map for next year's events with the racing & jumping courses you listed, but for now I'd like to keep it simple and see how it goes. If it turns out to be a wonderful community event, I'll add more skill courses.

I'll keep you in mind Leafles, but before I pick any judges specifically I'd like to invite our good friend Redlineslies to be a judge, if he so happens to see this thread.

Now, here's my reason why the map isn't done; I've tested and tried it many times, experimented with several things, yet still whenever I enter the map through Cape of Distant Worlds many of my objects and particles disappear. Do I simply need to export the map first? Or move files to another spot? I want this map to be as awesome as possible for you guys, and I can't do that without some of the awesome items that keep disappearing! Any ideas on a solution? (I could have the map up within days if I could fix this problem)

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 08:46:25 am »
General is not removed in custom map deary, and awesome :D
I had a map like that but me computer hates when I work on maps for too long. It had many race courses and fun games.
On a chessboard many games can be played besides chess. The figurines itself are players, more fun and creativity.

Did you export the map?

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 05:08:18 pm »
Derp, forgot it was in private maps still XD I haven't exported it because I wasn't sure what it would have me do once I pressed the button. If you haven't guessed, this is really my first publishing of a map( besides my group map, which has the same problem), and I don't want to click the wrong button and mess junk up. I can't believe I didn't think of players as chess picecs, so simple x3

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:38 pm »
And it is fun too :D
No button will make stuff wrong. Maybe, but the probablity is really low ;)
If ya need map making help I could easilly give you some.
If you want I can easilly provide you with some meshes or objects, even medal wearable items.

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »
This sounds like fun ^^ If/When Kov comes back and he adds it, I would happily participate.  I would personally like to see the platforming XD A. Island is really hard, and you say it's a playground compared to that 8| I thought it was hard XD

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 09:09:49 pm »
XD I'm trying to make it pretty hard, but I don't want it to be impossible. Here's what some of the jumps include:
-Almost vertical(one jump almost on top of another)
-Water jumps
-jumping through hoops (not really hard, but it looks cool x3)
-jumping through flaming hoops (bit harder, dem flames can confuse ya ;~;)
-jumping ON hoops (no, not like AI, like jumping on the rings...when they're sideways. Think of a ring at AI as flat, these rings are standing up)
-Sphere jumps (like the water sphere jumps, but solid)
-And plain ol' platform jumps

I still have a bit to do on the platform and C.D. (Character design) colosseums, but I'm working on finishing up the maze now. Here's a community decision; should I include derp items, such as a steam room and/or snack bar? I'll probably do the steam room anyways because it just sounds fun to me, but I!d still like to see your opinions and ideas for other derpy attractions.  

(Not to fear Dunafloof! While I think it'd be wonderful if this was added officially, I am actually talking about a map and competition I'm creating.(if you haven't guessed from that junk^ x3))

I'd love to see wearable medals Vessan, but I'm not sure if they would be practical really, unless everyone attending the event downloaded the items. Still love to see 'em though ^^ I'm pretty good mesh wise, I find it entertaining to create objects using basic shapes, plus some others I've downloaded. Who knows though? Maybe there's a super awesome mesh I've missed out on, could you perhaps post a few screenshots?  

Offline Roki

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • 10 years now on FH... wow
    • Extaivia
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 09:47:49 pm »
Lovely idea, so joining if you make it

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 11:21:38 am »
I'd love to see wearable medals Vessan, but I'm not sure if they would be practical really, unless everyone attending the event downloaded the items. Still love to see 'em though ^^ I'm pretty good mesh wise, I find it entertaining to create objects using basic shapes, plus some others I've downloaded. Who knows though? Maybe there's a super awesome mesh I've missed out on, could you perhaps post a few screenshots?  

That sounds fun :D
Anyway yea, I can link you to some item pictures.
Firt my DA galery full of blender animals: http://littletamarin.deviantart.com/gallery/44089292
Some random wearable item:

It is a low poly flower, as low poly as the plant behind her.

^^ this one is the most recent one, the flower crown was made ages ago. Now I model derectly on the animal.
There is a saddle pad on one of my threads about a horse mod I made under mods and addons on this forum.
Most of em will be made into an item pack at some point  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:38:37 am by Vessan »

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 03:05:53 am »
This would be so cool! Would definitely do if this happens

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??