Author Topic: Wanted: Combat System, New Emotes, New Dance Moves  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
Wanted: Combat System, New Emotes, New Dance Moves
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:36:35 pm »
Ok I think its about time they made a combat system fro this game The RP fights are out of control sometimes with the Godmodding and such.  These are my ideas for combat.

Combat Grid:

Make a Square by Square Combat Grid Zone where players use attacks like claws and biting. maybe even make it to where you can have 5 or more people fighting at once like on a team. My sister whose a computer programmer made a combat system for a game shes working on using this method. it works very nicely.

Or they can do a experience point system where maybe killing a Elk gives you maybe 50 or beating another player gives you 100 and after so many you level up and get to use new abilities. But keep it as realistic as yknow we can since it seems like that was kovus intention.

Emotes: I think we need more emotes or at least have some of the emotes improved like with the crazed grin i think the eyes should be wider and more wild looking. Perhaps making a emotion for feeling ill or sick.

The dance moves do get abused way too much at times i must say. The buttswing move needs more hip into it the current one seems to slow and lazy..not much energy..perhaps make a enhanced version where its faster and more energetic. More dance moves like from IT with the walking and swinging of the head would be nice(i never played IT only saw videoes) maybe they could have like Paw tapping yknow like tapping to the beat of a song.

What do you all think?

GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Combat System, New Emotes, New Dance Moves
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:43:55 pm »
You can download and make your own emotes, I don't know if the staff intends on adding any new ones. You can also edit the existing emotes.cfg file and edit the emotions. The codes to are at the very top of the file.
Dance moves, I would love to see Moonwalk and Thriller from IT added back eventually. But before dance moves, I want actions. Like, tail twitch, paw raise, ear flick, etc. You're kinda.. like, stone, if you say.. just sitting/standing/laying is nice, but have you noticed the characters really don't make any movements? I liked how in IT the eyes moved, I want moving eyes back actually. xD
But these are good, the only one I'm not sure of is the Combat. But I never really liked PvP, so that's just me.

slycan

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:16 pm »
Like this? (I made this a few year ago for Aeon Phase before it died, tis mine though)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:47:05 pm by Slycan »

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:22 pm »
Like this? (I made this a few year ago for Aeon Phase before it died, tis mine though)

Very Very nice this is the kinda thing im talking about ^^
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »
You can download and make your own emotes, I don't know if the staff intends on adding any new ones. You can also edit the existing emotes.cfg file and edit the emotions. The codes to are at the very top of the file.
Dance moves, I would love to see Moonwalk and Thriller from IT added back eventually. But before dance moves, I want actions. Like, tail twitch, paw raise, ear flick, etc. You're kinda.. like, stone, if you say.. just sitting/standing/laying is nice, but have you noticed the characters really don't make any movements? I liked how in IT the eyes moved, I want moving eyes back actually. xD
But these are good, the only one I'm not sure of is the Combat. But I never really liked PvP, so that's just me.

Exactly things like Tail Wag, ear flick, would be really cool. But not everyone can edit emotes and even if taught people may still have problems so maybe doing a poll taking suggestions on adding the new emotes would be nice.
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

slycan

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »
The thing about emotes I noticed is that the server delays alot of movements  between players - ever noticed when ever you first log in that EVERYONE is standing up and holding still?

idk - the server would have to be faster connecting between people in order to pull off wagging tails and flickering ears. - but there's probably a reason when it's delayed so much in the first place.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:53 pm »

eeh...
there is too many games with leveling and special attacks...
lets keep it ITish?
simple fighting moves would be enough...
actually im not sure if a pvp system should be added.... maybe a different pvp realm or something. constant pvp will ruin the fun for ppl getting attacked by packs and prides...
Emotions: i rarely use them... lol for me there is just too many i cant pick... and when i roleplay i only use the rest, sad, smile and snarl ones...
about the dance moves... i agree. they need to be fixed a bit... the buttswing needs "swing", the headbang doesnt need buttmovement (think back to IT... the buttmovement ruined the fun here....), and yep, moonwalk and thriller is missing...

slycan

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
Kov already publicly mentioned adding some sort of unique fight system like GuildWars (never played that game myself though)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 08:09:22 pm »

eeh...
there is too many games with leveling and special attacks...
lets keep it ITish?
simple fighting moves would be enough...
actually im not sure if a pvp system should be added.... maybe a different pvp realm or something. constant pvp will ruin the fun for ppl getting attacked by packs and prides...
Emotions: i rarely use them... lol for me there is just too many i cant pick... and when i roleplay i only use the rest, sad, smile and snarl ones...
about the dance moves... i agree. they need to be fixed a bit... the buttswing needs "swing", the headbang doesnt need buttmovement (think back to IT... the buttmovement ruined the fun here....), and yep, moonwalk and thriller is missing...

I agree on this one, I'd like FH be more like IT than any other of those dull leveling games that exist out ther, but if kov wants to add such things into the game it's his call. Hopefully it will be well planned and wont swallow the whole game, making it to one purpose only "leveling and figthing". Even though we can't live of IT forever. The calm pace of the game, and the thrive for creativity is what made the game. I'm highly critical about any leveling or pvp system. Pvp would probably keep loads entertained however, and as long as it's implented right, it wouldn't roll the game over on a different side either. The leveling, stats, skills, and similar things could change, and even damgage the game permanently.

The majority of the people playing the game would focus on the leveling, it would take over everything or if not, atleast effect, and I really doubt for the better if we'd look from the current situation FH is in. If Items were bad for the game, a leveling system would probably not be any better. But then again, if it's decided to be one. Then there's not much to do about it. Just hope more energy will be put down on more important areas such as the bug fixing, functionally such as shortcut keys, and more actions beforehand.

Ontop of the first post. I do not have anything against the ideas there. But I do find the emotes alright as they are. And even if dancemoves is fun to have.. I'd really like to see some regular actions like tailflicks, nods, sniff, lick, etc. Would give more life to the game.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

slycan

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:16 pm »
I only see combat systems damage games when its not balanced out right ( aka, when money get involved in order to give people an edge from the competition) Which it why you don't see alot of woofaboo's going ape-s--t over SecondHandLands much, or even WolfTeam anymore. xD

From what I'm aware ( and from my chart ) the combat system may be based off of "Points" instead of leveling. Points distribute to certain Skills, thus you don't really need to have a "Level counter" - avoids people puffing out their chest.

Though I see what you guys are saying - the benifits just seems to outweigh the let-downs. Just think of the skills that could be added :D ~Speed, ~Jump , ~Saber Bite (which would give you fangs) ~Minions( pets!) , and other really usefull things that don't really have to be used in combat - but for RP - but you would have to earn it. :3

One thing I disliked about IT's system is the fact all you had to do in order to "Level/Earn Experience" was wait for these diamonds to fall from the sky and get something randomly >.>..

Idk what kov has planned though but I'm going to take a peak at this whole guildwars game and find out ;3