Author Topic: Chat filter  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Chat filter
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 03:23:01 am »
Same as already mentioned, a chat filter would limit the players of what they need or want to say. Having a free chat is really the best way, and if there's a troublesome person you can always block untill a mod takes care of him/her.

I'd want it free, and I think most do aswell to be honest.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 03:13:14 pm »
Actually, instead of doing in chat stuff at all, Why not put up an AGE filter eh?

Something that can read the email given age and age on the site its self, like Second life, its meant for 18 years of age right? No one under that age can get in.

There are ways to bypass that age rule, unless they scan the IP of the given registration.

Just an idea, nothing really wonderful about this. Suggestion ftw.

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 03:51:14 pm »
Not only the younger people that swear and say bad things, older members can be just as bad.

Offline Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 03:55:09 pm »
Aye, but, with lesser young people the more we dont have to worry about people complaining about foul language.

Notice, there's another post that has someone complaining for their little brothers sake, why play if you know alot of people are going to be cussing? Even little kids cuss so why even make a thread complaining about it eh?

If you dont like it just leave and find yourself another game.

Chat filter, unlike WQ's chat...

Do something like WoW, how they only cut out the MATURE words and replace them with $%#^% Etc

Just do that instead of blocking out pretty much ever piece of chat available like WolfQuest?

My Screenies ^-^

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 03:57:53 pm »
 If we didn't have young people on FH there wouldn't be people taking offense to swearing. When it comes to chat filter talk and those who go on about innapropriateness it's mostly the young people or those who think that there shouldn't be swearing because there might be young people on FH.
  A lot of games have age limits, I even know a some what text based browser game that needs permission from your parents if you are under thirteen. I do think FH should have a age limit.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 03:59:23 pm »
That's pretty much what im trying at Kyu.

My Screenies ^-^

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 04:00:17 pm »
I know, but I was backing you up, and putting my little opinion in as well... and it was originally a reply to red but i didn't edit it right after you posted.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 06:16:41 pm »
Aye, but, with lesser young people the more we dont have to worry about people complaining about foul language.
True, the majority of players might not be as offended by it, but there would still be those who were, and the rules for using the chat is still the same.

You guys are clearly not seeing that even if we had it alot more strict getting to play the game, wouldn't change the fact the game chat is meant to stay clean without foul language. Might be able to put this into consideration if the rules were changed all of a sudden and you were free to say whatever bad words that come into your mind in the chat. Putting a more strict age policy would maybe work then, but now it would be for no use since we are meant to behave on the chat no matter what.

Another thing you might want to put into consideration is that creating a system for blocking out young players when regging might would need some work, if not lots.

You are thinking very narrow right now, there's more than just the "young players" that's the reason for no swearing in chats I believe.

And an age box wouldn't keep any person outside of the game if they were under the age limit unless their parents are standing right behind them all the time, I doubt this is the case.