Author Topic: Advertising section in chat?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline FoxXIII

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Queen hath spoken
    • View Profile
Advertising section in chat?
« on: April 10, 2011, 03:42:08 am »
We all advertise RPs in general- And yeah, it's a good place to get new members. But I find that in some places, that's all that general's used for. I go into general looking for conversation, not for the newest canine RP xD
So, how about an advertising section in the chat? People looking for RPs can enable it, people who aren't can disable it x3 Nice and simple~

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Advertising section in chat?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 03:43:58 am »
I like that alot. I get annoyed when I get interupted by people searching for packs or such, it would be good to be able to disable that stuff.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:09:36 pm »
I had the same idea! I approve 100%. This would be great :D

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:32:21 pm »
I believe this was suggested before.. xD

But yes, I agree.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:56:03 pm »
*high fives* Lovely idea. ;3 Would help a lot!

TealSkeletore

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:42 am »
Instead of the chat, what if there was some kind of 'noticeboard' somewhere in the game?

There could be a little noticeboard in different points in maps, or somewhere in Bonfire island. When you go near it you press a button and a menu pops up. Here you can scroll through different advertisements people have posted. You can also post your own advertisement by pressing a button 'post' and typing something in.
There would be a requirement to put in for how many hours or minutes the advertisement would be on the noticeboard. There would of course be a maximum amount of time it could be on there.

The advertisements would be a bit like the threads on a forum. For example, 'Pony Pride RP' would be a title. When you clicked on it, a short description would show which contained information such as where the pride is roleplaying, and what the pride is actually like.

You would also have the choice to take down your own advertisement whenever you wish. And occasionally mods would have to check the noticeboard to make sure there is no inappropriate content

The noticeboards in every map would have the same posts. Or instead of an actual physical noticeboard there could just be a new menu button. Like the Group menu but larger so that it's easier to navigate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:24:29 am by Teal Skeletore »

Offline FoxXIII

• The Queen hath spoken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:00 am »
I'd have to argue with the notice board idea... while it's a good one, it still has the same reasons alot of people don't post their RPs on the forums- Plus it seems like far too much hassle for a temporary RP.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:34:23 am »
it still has the same reasons alot of people don't post their RPs on the forums
What reason is that?

Plus it seems like far too much hassle for a temporary RP.
That's why there's a time limit for it to be up there. And isn't it a hassle posting over and over again in the chat that there's a short rp going on? A noticeboard would be much easier.

To be honest I don't think an advertisement chat would work. This reason was mentioned on another thread when someone suggested it - that chat would just get congested, I don't think anyone would actually look at it because it will be so full and hard to look through with people posting something new every few seconds.

Offline FoxXIII

• The Queen hath spoken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 11:45:51 am »
...Well, you just obliterated my 'because it's a temporary RP' reason, so lets move on XD

What I'm trying to say is, even if there's a time limit, most temporary RPs want to get their members and start RPing. If it's on a noticeboard, there's a fairly large chance that people will start to join halfway through the RP (I'm failing at explaining myself again >.>). I'm not sure how to go about explaining it, but with the noticeboard you kind of loose the immediate recruiting that you'd get in a chat. Not to mention it'd take a while to find an RP you wanted... Unless they where sorted into different categories (Canine, feline, temporary, permanent, ect...).

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 12:04:55 pm »
If it's on a noticeboard, there's a fairly large chance that people will start to join halfway through the RP

Isn't that the reason why there is a time limit there as well? Don't start the RP until the time limit for the advertisment is up, and then you won't have people joining after you start RPing. Most people have a time limit for how long they advertise before they start even without this, so it wouldn't make much difference other than make it a little easier, without spamming the chat.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho