Author Topic: Advertising section in chat?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising section in chat?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 12:11:26 pm »
Instead of the chat, what if there was some kind of 'noticeboard' somewhere in the game?

There could be a little noticeboard in different points in maps, or somewhere in Bonfire island. When you go near it you press a button and a menu pops up. Here you can scroll through different advertisements people have posted. You can also post your own advertisement by pressing a button 'post' and typing something in.
There would be a requirement to put in for how many hours or minutes the advertisement would be on the noticeboard. There would of course be a maximum amount of time it could be on there.

The advertisements would be a bit like the threads on a forum. For example, 'Pony Pride RP' would be a title. When you clicked on it, a short description would show which contained information such as where the pride is roleplaying, and what the pride is actually like.

You would also have the choice to take down your own advertisement whenever you wish. And occasionally mods would have to check the noticeboard to make sure there is no inappropriate content

The noticeboards in every map would have the same posts. Or instead of an actual physical noticeboard there could just be a new menu button. Like the Group menu but larger so that it's easier to navigate.

I agree with this, I would like a notice board in the game.
Yeah the advertising would be a bit like the threads on the forums.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 01:29:45 pm »
Don't worry Lexy I understand what you're trying to get at xDD

And yeah, what Kyugima said.

Offline Vulpes

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Groovy!
    • epidome
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • epitomefox
    • View Profile
    • Web Page
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:38 am »
awesome idea! It would be great way to get RPs noticed by people looking for them, and people who aren't can easily ignore them. I know I hate sending repeated recruitment messages  in the General chat, because some people get annoyed with it very quickly, even if you aren't spamming. This would help keep the peace. :) Kudos on an amazing idea!!

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
Notice board sounds good but newer members might find it a little difficult to manige, but a new section for this would be the most wonderful idea!
Complete karma highfives. :3
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

SilentEcho

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 02:14:32 am »
I would rather the "noticeboard" idea just has a button, that would be a lot better then having to run to the noticeboard.