Author Topic: Private messages  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Monarth

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
Private messages
« on: April 16, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »
I'm not sure has this been suggested.

So, with a couple friends in the game, we came to a conclusion that the game would need a private messaging system for the players. At times people tend to be away from the game and may miss some important things others have said, aswell that people aren't always same time online and the chat also flows very fast at times. So the ability to send private messages and read them from a message box, when the other side isn't online, would be really helpful. That could be used for messaging between players in distant timezones who can't be online together much, reminders, important messages, aswell for notifications/warnings from game admins/mods.

Would do us all good, don't you think?

~Monarth

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • Brethren before Wenches.
    • View Profile
Re: Private messages
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:20:04 am »
I think this is a great idea! Earlier today one of my friends in a whisper told me that she voted for me to be MOTM, but I didn't get to see it until much later because I was afk xD She was also all the way across the map so I didn't get to see her...

PMing would be a great idea, I think! Whispering can be sort of unreliable sometimes. c:

Don't kick me when I'm down. Because when I get up, you're screwed.

The name's Vant, don't wear it out hunny |3

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Private messages
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:54 pm »
PM is an excellent idea for ingame. There's plenty of people who never even were on the forum before, so that PM system wouldn't work for them. Whisper is good too, but only when they're online at the same time~
Overall, I support the PM idea. ;3