Author Topic: Im done.  (Read 8495 times)

Offline Leo Pardus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Kudos to KovuLKD and all who helped work on FH!
    • View Profile
Re: Im done.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 12:36:14 pm »
Some words in particular should be filtered out. The really NASTY words... you know what I mean. I have seen people using the eff word quite a bit and it is NOT appropriate in a game attractive to young people.

There will always be people running around "humping" others as long as there's the buttswing action, and talking about rape and mating, and I don't like it as much as you. Mods can't be everywhere at one time and I'm sure they are doing all they can. Instead of whinging about them doing nothing we as players can HELP them by printscreening these offensive people and/ or reporting their behavior.
I'm not a n00b so don't talk to me like one kthxbai.
My character creations: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1079.msg12274#msg12274

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:11 pm »
hmm...
maybe open a thread on general discussion, and paste in there the pic of every such incident.
1. we can see how extended the problem is
2. we can block these ppl on sight
3. we know who not to play with.
ppl wont add filter here. (saying this is not supposed to be for children under 13... but rules say other wise, as it does point out that ppl under 12 age play this game so keep the language clean... or something on that line.)
buuut
i dun care anymore anyway.. if we talk about filters, the first thing ppl will do is say stuff about a certain game...
lets have them have their own way o.O

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:53 pm »
I'm completely against a public thread that openly bashes or indicates or otherwise asks people to ignore/block any user in game. Whether or not they did something bad, it's public humiliation, and no one deserves that at all. If you see a problematic user, you report them to the staff. If you have friends, and you know this person's username, suggest to your friends via PM or and IM'ing service that you're on to block said user, but don't encourage the full of a community to public humiliation. It may seem like the right thing to do, bringing the faces of rule breakers to the public eye, but that isn't the way to go about it, and I hope this isn't ever done. :/
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 04:46:54 pm »
Well, I found a bunch of homophobes and racists online...

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 06:47:01 pm »
Spamming is easily solved by blocking a person, which you can either do by clicking them on the chat, or manually. Take a screenshot and send it off to a mod, and then they'll stop annoying other people, but for yourself use the block. You're simply making the game worse for yourself by not using the feature given to you for preventing spam. I use it all the time, especially for "lokin 4 wlf rp" people.

Filtering words is not an option on a roleplay site. You block the word "mate" you'll just get people spamming "Looking for Partner/BF/GF/Female/Male/Significant Other/Husband/Wife" A word filter is easy enough to get around, there is no point having one here. Besides, do we really want to encourage people not spelling the whole word? Illiteracy on the internet will not be helped by word filters, trust me.

And don't disrespect the mods. They work very hard to deal with problems you don't even see, because they are doing their job. If the mods had a simultaneous holiday, FH would implode. You can help them by screening and reporting. You know, a feature offered to you to reduce this spam problem you've been having?

You have no right to whine if you've done absolutely nothing to solve your own problem. The FH team already has the spam thing resolved with useful features, you're just not utilizing them, because it's just so much easier to come on here and spam us with your whining.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 06:50:39 pm »
Spamming is easily solved by blocking a person, which you can either do by clicking them on the chat, or manually. Take a screenshot and send it off to a mod, and then they'll stop annoying other people, but for yourself use the block. You're simply making the game worse for yourself by not using the feature given to you for preventing spam. I use it all the time, especially for "lokin 4 wlf rp" people.

Filtering words is not an option on a roleplay site. You block the word "mate" you'll just get people spamming "Looking for Partner/BF/GF/Female/Male/Significant Other/Husband/Wife" A word filter is easy enough to get around, there is no point having one here. Besides, do we really want to encourage people not spelling the whole word? Illiteracy on the internet will not be helped by word filters, trust me.

And don't disrespect the mods. They work very hard to deal with problems you don't even see, because they are doing their job. If the mods had a simultaneous holiday, FH would implode. You can help them by screening and reporting. You know, a feature offered to you to reduce this spam problem you've been having?

You have no right to whine if you've done absolutely nothing to solve your own problem. The FH team already has the spam thing resolved with useful features, you're just not utilizing them, because it's just so much easier to come on here and spam us with your whining.

Lol I love you for this.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:02 pm »
Spamming is easily solved by blocking a person, which you can either do by clicking them on the chat, or manually.
just pointing it out again:
clicking on names rarely work. they show me in 98% of the time a random persons page. this makes easy reporting and blocking an annoying try-to-click-on-the-right-spot-on-the-char ritual.
such threads about spamming and this will go down once its actually fixed, and ppl can easily block/report.

Offline Wildcat26

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
  • "And I'm nothin', nothin' without you..." <3
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:02 pm »
Mate beggers, me I usually just ignore them. And actually the thing that really bothers me is the bad cursing/inappropriate words. Now mild cursing I could care less, I do it every day, but just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I like seeing eff this eff that, other offensive curses and sexual crap ever other sentence. I've seen it at times too.  >:( I usually just leave though.
Maybe I'll start taking screens a reporting... problem is everyone has their opinion of what's too far and what's not. What I may consider offensive, other may not; so it's hard to figure out what should be reported and what would just end up being considered more 'spam'. :-\ Anyone else think this way?

As for a word filter, I say no, unless you can choose your own words. Mate should not be filtered though, as it comes up in regular conversations everyday.

!Also there's a glitch currently that you CAN'T click on the name in the chat anymore! You get a different person's info. ::)
Livestream FH mapmaking!
OFFLINE!
MyMaps- http://tinyurl.com/WildsMaps
Wanna know what Happen to me? CLICK! HideNseek Group->http://tinyurl.com/HnSGroup MapMaking Tutorials-http://tinyurl.com/MapTuts

Tyki Mikk

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 08:58:12 pm »
Well, for all those who hate WQ bashing, thats really something you cant get away from on this site. Since half the community seems fed up with WQ's ridiculous chat rules. (I am too and thats the reason I dont play it anymore) I get offended when people bash my fav games but hey, we're all intitled to our opinion and if we dont like WQ we dont like WQ. Nothing we can do about it. You like what you like and you dont like what you dont like.
I'm completely against a public thread that openly bashes or indicates or otherwise asks people to ignore/block any user in game. Whether or not they did something bad, it's public humiliation, and no one deserves that at all. If you see a problematic user, you report them to the staff. If you have friends, and you know this person's username, suggest to your friends via PM or and IM'ing service that you're on to block said user, but don't encourage the full of a community to public humiliation. It may seem like the right thing to do, bringing the faces of rule breakers to the public eye, but that isn't the way to go about it, and I hope this isn't ever done. :/

I honestly dont see how its public humiliation. People humiliate themselves by excessive swearing, spamming and of all things CYBERING. People are blocked for a reason, but that doesnt mean the whole community will block this one person for whatever. Its only public humiliation in my eyes when a random person who was offended by said user comes here and yells the username to the whole world and bashing and whining about what this person did to wrong them. We have a block button for a quantity of reasons. If your being bullied or offended in anyway, or simply because your tired of spam or being harassed.

Now, my opinion on this thread in general.

Dude. I despise how horrid and disgusting this community has become. Ive said it many, many times. And its been said before me, IT was not this bad. But as said to me, FH is not IT. Its just the same community, more people. More idiots as in, godmodders, spammers, trolls. But also we have a variety of new people that actually HAVE some common sense and sanity. I'd have never met Wudiin, or Kyugima, or Sly if I had left the community over something stupid like mate begging and godmodding. They're all interesting people that I would be an idiot for leaving behind.

These problems that we have here will NOT be solved by blocking any word used. Theres always a way around filters. Which is why they're useless! People will always find a way around. Always, always, always. Unless you block every interactive, interesting word like WQ has. Then you'll end up with bland sentences like "The wolf sat by the lake." or "I am hungry and I will go hunt now." And God help you if you misspell a word! I'd never speak a word of FH AGAIN if it ended up that way.

Thats why I say no no no no NO, to filters. Block/ignore and my friends has gotten me through ALL of the shizz this community has to offer.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:06:38 pm by Tyki_Mikk »

Offline Kenta Uzumaki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Slytherin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 09:04:03 pm »
I like how this is still going. Now we are just spamming each other in this topic. Though I don't really mind it much.

As for the filters, like I said in many topics. Filters when not done right can make a Horrible  Malti-game. I sure know one that went down hill from them. The Only filter I can See in FH is Your OWN filter. But I dough that right now. Once again as I said on this and many other topics.

@Leo Pardus: When you said people will hump others even though there is the buttswing dance. Thats kinda wrong. People can still do it with sitting then standing over and over. As well as headbang dancing. Just pointing that out seeing im bored right at looking at a download that has been on 5% for 1 hour. *cough*

@ Tyki_Mikk: I do agree. and U ninja'd me FUUUUU
Hi, I am Kenta Volkov. My name is Still Kenta Uzumaki on here....Oh well.