Author Topic: Thunderstorm weather & Very hard rain *Lock?*  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Thunderstorm weather & Very hard rain *Lock?*
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:42:41 pm »
Since FH has no lightning. Doesn't feel so realistic though I'd like 2 weathers. Hard rain and thunderstorms. I don't know if it's possible with the source code but I think it is actually. *If there is a weather mod someone made like that please try finding the link* Found a topic similar to this
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:31:40 pm by leahling »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Thunderstorm weather & Very hard rain
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 09:48:05 pm »
Don't really think there was need to post a topic similar to mine fluff. But I'm no expert here, and this may be fine. But I don't think there are any weather mods with thunder and lighting or I would have found them by now. Could be wrong though.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »
Don't really think there was need to post a topic similar to mine fluff. But I'm no expert here, and this may be fine. But I don't think there are any weather mods with thunder and lighting or I would have found them by now. Could be wrong though.
ohwhoops my mind forgot that I leaped my inspiration up I end up doing this

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 10:03:34 pm »
I'm quite certain hard rain is possible. I'm not too savvy when it comes to making weather and it's been awhile since I've even touched Sky Maker so I'm just relying on (my very bad) memory here, but there's definitely a way to make the rain more frequent or have it 'rain harder'. Just like how there's the Light Rain option.

As for lightning. There are multiple object packs out there with lightning that strikes every so often, but if you want it to behave like weather cycles, I'm not too sure. I think it might be possible, I'll have to tinker around with the weather files to see if anything of the sort could happen.

I haven't seen many actual weather mods like this up for download though. If I can figure out how the weather works I might see what I can do.

EDIT: Apologies, posted before I noticed you wanted the thread locked.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:07:00 pm by greenart6 »

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:31:29 pm »
I'm quite certain hard rain is possible. I'm not too savvy when it comes to making weather and it's been awhile since I've even touched Sky Maker so I'm just relying on (my very bad) memory here, but there's definitely a way to make the rain more frequent or have it 'rain harder'. Just like how there's the Light Rain option.

As for lightning. There are multiple object packs out there with lightning that strikes every so often, but if you want it to behave like weather cycles, I'm not too sure. I think it might be possible, I'll have to tinker around with the weather files to see if anything of the sort could happen.

I haven't seen many actual weather mods like this up for download though. If I can figure out how the weather works I might see what I can do.

EDIT: Apologies, posted before I noticed you wanted the thread locked.

I dont know if this thread should be locked I guess it should e3e

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Thunderstorm weather & Very hard rain *Lock?*
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 01:20:10 am »
I will go ahead and lock this for you since there is a pretty similar topic and at your request. ^^ You make some good points here, so feel free to share them and see what other people think in the topic that already exists. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.