Author Topic: Something that would help me (and others) a lot.  (Read 1287 times)

SilentEcho

Something that would help me (and others) a lot.
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:38:42 am »
 When going into a custom map (that hasn't been made right) the game freezes, and you'll never be able to play with that character any more (unless you re make it). Wouldn't it be helpful if when you're selecting your character, below the "Start" button, there'd be a check-box saying "Begin at home" (Bonfire, or whereever you made your home).

I'd be able to get a few of my characters back if that was there, it's also pretty helpful if you want to meet somebody at your "home" but you quit the game somewhere far away last time you played.

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
Re: Something that would help me (and others) a lot.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:36:41 pm »
That would indeed be helpful! :3 But wouldn't it work if you fixed the map? I never had the problem myself, but I think fixing the map would help.

JazzForLife

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »
That'd be a cool idea. But if you're unsure of the map, whip up a dummy and send them in. If it gets stuck, then you know you need to fix it. If not, bring your wanted character in it.

Offline MustangCharm

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Drew it myself =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:12:03 am »
What I always do if something like that happens, is calmly exit the game, go to my c drive=fh=terrains, then remove the map file that crashed, log back on, and my character will be in a safe non-glitchy black zone XD. Then I just go to my home, and log out when I want... or continue playing for a while then log out.
Eventually when I want to go back in the map, I try flattening it in photoshop or something that edits the map files to fix it. This always help so that you don't have to delete your charrie! Hopefully you can figure out how to fix your map if this ever happens to you!
But I do love your idea, I would really like that button, even if you weren;t stuck and just wanted to go home fast before you started to save time!
Lions, Wolves, Feral Heart, oh my!
I love ponies and cats and especially wolves! Also a Chicken Smoothie, WQ, AK, FH, TEF, and HS (HorseStar) fan!

Pet's name: Celtic Chic