Poll

Do you want General back?

YES
47 (95.9%)
NO
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Return of the General chat! (poll)  (Read 3589 times)

Valar.Morghulis

Return of the General chat! (poll)
« on: March 24, 2018, 08:48:23 pm »
reposted as a poll, as I feel it fits better that way.

This has been brought up many times in the past and now.
I still think that It should be brought up as much as possible xD

Good old General chat.
We miss you dearly.

I think that bringing back General chat (in hopefully next update) would be an amazing thing to do!
Since a lot of people are complaining about the update and how they want 'old FH' back,
why don't bring one of the best things from the past, back to life?
People are spamming movies now and advertising in Local anyways, so I think that if you bring General,
It would reduce Movie spams.
People did spam their groups in General chat sometimes,
but since the community is now smaller, I don't think that the issue would be a big problem anyways.

I'm truly hoping to see a great return of our beloved General chat in the next update

<3

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Left.
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the General chat! (poll)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:02:25 pm »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:10:57 pm by LexiChan »

Offline epithelia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »
I just miss the old FH and the General chat.Movies are like "pollution",everyday spamming...it's like i just talk with someone and the movies delete it all..General chat is better...hope it is fixed

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 10:14:00 pm »
Highly doubt it'll make any difference, but maybe if we keep doing stuff like this the staff may give it another shot!

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 10:17:43 pm »
I definitely agree with it returning! General being removed tends to be one of the big issues a lot of people have with FH, so I'd love to see it return soon.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 10:17:48 pm »
Highly doubt it'll make any difference, but maybe if we keep doing stuff like this the staff may give it another shot!

We wouldn't have to sit at the entrance of Tg to talk to other people. And I honestly think that General chat was never an issue. The community was just bigger and there was much more advertising and stuff.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »
Love this idea :D
Yeah, I've heard some players talking about Old Feral Heart was better, I just wanted to say I've never been on Old Feral heart, they have been mostly talking about returning general chat. Some stories about general chat where just fun, it seems like feral heart was better when general was still there. You could talk to the people no matter where you've been on the map.
This is just my opinion :)

Oh It was indeed an amazing addon to the game! ❤

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »
I definitely agree with it returning! General being removed tends to be one of the big issues a lot of people have with FH, so I'd love to see it return soon.

Yep! I agree. I don't remember that the community was even asked regarding the removal of General chat. It was just gone one day as far as I can remember

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 11:27:48 pm »

Yep! I agree. I don't remember that the community was even asked regarding the removal of General chat. It was just gone one day as far as I can remember

Yeah, I don't think I remember there being any warning or community polls or anything like that before it was removed either, though it's possible I could be remembering wrong. I would have liked to see more communication before it happened, but I guess that's in the past now.

I think the community's a lot different now compared to a few years ago, I'm pretty sure the return of General wouldn't face as many issues as it would have before it was removed. I really hope the staff will at least consider returning it someday..

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Lucius

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 11:35:38 pm »

We weren't. There was no poll, no notification, nothing regarding this until it happened. Not long after the removal, Razmirz posted a thread about it.

This is what he had to say about it

There was no notice or attempt to hear our opinions on this beforehand.

And, you noted how people went off in a rage about General being removed. Do you think it would have been any better received if we'd consulted the community beforehand? Most would have assumed it was a terrible idea right off the bat, without looking at the possible long-term effects of its removal.
Presumably this was the reasoning as to why.

This bothers me. A lot. Mainly, because it shows a severe lack of trust between the ones who make a decision and the ones who are affected. We weren't trusted to give an objective opinion, and were given the reasoning behind the decision after it was made.

It's like taking a toy from a child. You can either tell the child that you will take their toy away if they misbehave, or, you can walk up to them, tear it out of their hands, and toss it in the trash bin without saying a word. It goes without saying that if you do the latter, your child will grow up with some trust issues.

Regardless, what's done is done. General chat was in the game for three years, starting since 2011. It's officially been over three years without general chat. It can't be said that we aren't patient or that the impact hasn't been assessed yet.

As far as bringing it back, personally, I think I'd like that. Of course, if it causes trouble, then we're potentially heading towards another removal of it in the future. That being said, I do wonder if that alone will bring in more members. I know a lot of us want to bring back the "old FH vibes", but I don't know if that can be done by simply bringing back all the old maps and features. I think it was more than that.

It was a mix of time, community, circumstance and the right variables. We could bring back everything from 2011. Registration, maps, general chat, etc. and I'm still not sure if that would bring the old FH spirit back. It was what it was, and nobody knows how it died. Sometimes the way to fix things isn't with old methods.

Eh, I'm rambling. As far as convenience goes, I liked the chat much better than the current movie method, and yes, I'd like it back.