Poll

Thoughts On Registration

Yes, Open 24/7 Registration
Open Registration On specific Days of the week
Keep registration at random unpredictable times

Author Topic: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL  (Read 9469 times)

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Newer account of the user Pickles82
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 12:21:45 am »

Admins don't have control of registraction indeed. I think Raz is the only one who's in charge of it and I don't think they want it to die but just protect it, however this over-protection is slowly killing it. People are not as attached and drained to FH as they used to and registraction opening randomly is a huge factor of that. People get angry they can't play the game on they day-offs because they don't have an account so they just give up on it. I think shutting the registraction is a huge problem.

I dont see why they cant contact Raz and have them open registration for a bit. It'll be good if we get full servers. Then they can change it back so that all the people that joined can flourish. RELEASE THEM BACK INTO THE WILD aka fh xD

But go off

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 08:43:19 am »
This is why it needs new members. So they can explore together and play with eachother without the need to care about being literate, mapped or realistic. Just to have fun.
100% agree.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 06:17:13 pm »
This is why it needs new members. So they can explore together and play with eachother without the need to care about being literate, mapped or realistic. Just to have fun.
100% agree.
Maybe we should try  to get a bunch of people to vote on this poll? Do you think it would help get attention for the registration? Honestly at this point im terrified FH is gonna die if we dont. Yesterday I saw two more group advertising non fh rps in the game and that scares me.

But go off

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »
I agree that the registration is slowly decreasing community activity for a multitude of reasons. The thing is tho, games start to age and so does the community. The "old FH" was when FH was still a new thing. 7-8 years now, the community has dwindled due to a lack of actual game updates. A lot of the people back then moved on, and people who are staying matured and seek more mature roleplays.

There's a lack of unique roleplays because they're not considered mature or uniform and don't follow a certain criteria, so they're difficult to control for most people. Plus there's some mean players who judge you if you try to open a fun roleplay and it discourages people from trying. That's why there are so many dull edgy wolf rps. Allowing many new players to join will help the active player amount but I don't think that would make all the diverse groups come back unless we try hard enough. -shrugs loudly-

Yesterday I saw two more group advertising non fh rps in the game and that scares me.
I've seen those as well. They're usually discord rp groups.

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 07:55:43 pm »
I agree that the registration is slowly decreasing community activity for a multitude of reasons. The thing is tho, games start to age and so does the community. The "old FH" was when FH was still a new thing. 7-8 years now, the community has dwindled due to a lack of actual game updates. A lot of the people back then moved on, and people who are staying matured and seek more mature roleplays.
Well yes we can guide them to make more diverse roleplays. But yes I agree. That is why I'm thinking getting newer members will help a ton. They can move forward just like we did. I realize that it wont be the same as "old FH" because that was us. I do however want a new group of people to help continue to move things along and all the while we can guide them and support them so that those other groups who judge wont have that much to judge. Besides, I think if we open registration, a lot of people will actualy stick up for the newbies. Rightnow old players overnumber new, but if the number of newbs grow, it wont be as bad.

But go off

Offline BlueMuzzleFlash

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 05:37:30 am »
I understand and accept that this game may not run optimally without the current system, but it'll likely affect our community in the future.

Offline SpazPaint

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 12:17:47 am »
From what I've observed, more people are leaving than new people are joining.
I think that opening registration again can help the playerbase reach an equilibrium. It'll help even out the people leaving to the people coming in.

I wasn't around when "The Hack" happened. But almost 3 years have passed since then and I think that the community has had enough time to heal. I know that the staff is doing what they can to prevent this kind of thing from happening again, but I believe that it's time to open the registration

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 12:50:47 am »
Ack... I've held off from replying to this, since it's a slight touchy topic. Kinda iffy about commenting but- why not XD

I personally feel like it would be a good idea to bring the registration back, however, we do have to realize that this game is run by generic people who have lives too. Granted, they could open it up more often then they do now, if they haven't already.

If I had any ideas as to try and fix this problem, one would be to yes have a set time in the day(s) to have it open for a period of time. This way, players who desperately want to join but have the most difficult time finding when the registration is open, can have a general idea of when it opens, and for how long. This way they can plot out when they can go online and make an account.

That's just throwing a thought out, not like I have a say in what will happen. If I understood more as to why staff have it set up this way, then I could understand more fully around this subject. I do understand however that they are trying to protect the game from the previous hacking incident I think. That happened, oh my, how long ago? I can't even remember.

Admins don't have control of registraction indeed. I think Raz is the only one who's in charge of it and I don't think they want it to die but just protect it, however this over-protection is slowly killing it. People are not as attached and drained to FH as they used to and registraction opening randomly is a huge factor of that. People get angry they can't play the game on they day-offs because they don't have an account so they just give up on it. I think shutting the registraction is a huge problem.

If this is true, that Raz is the only one who can open and close the registration, then I can understand if it could be a strain on him. Maybe if they want to do this, Raz could pick out days and times that he could open the registration, granted if he has any free time other than what he does to open the registration. Then it would be easier for everyone to get registered. Again, if I knew more about how the registration works, then I could elaborate more on this subject.

I do have to comment on the over protection. I agree that being over protective is slowly suffocating the game and all it's glory, but I do see why they've come to do that. I think they could pull back a bit with the protecting, just a little bit. I have a feeling that if they keep clamping down on protecting it, then the game will slowly die off.

But nonetheless, this whole thing is left up to the mods and their decisions. I'm gonna trust that they'll come up with a compromise for this situation, or at least a solution to make it less of a pain =)

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 01:09:37 am »
Registration was like this back before the hacking; that wasn't the cause, which is good!

Quote from: Red
Why does the registration work this way?
A lot of people ask the question "why" the registration work this way, and the reason is quite a reasonable one. Feralheart is really just another game online, taken care of and run by people in their free time out of mere interest and love for the game itself. We want to make sure it works as well as we can, and that's where quantity is not the only thing to think about. We want to keep the site and game up and running smoothly without hiccups and issues due to the registration part, and just reduce general abuse of the registration system where users would intentionally hog accounts, those who really want or need an account will get one eventually. Even though a greater number of players is always fun to see, it cannot always be a priority since we need to look a bit further ahead than just that.

More information on registration can be found here.

At this point- and this is just my opinion - registration having scheduled opening times would be really beneficial. Really. I know it says there that we can't just hope for a greater number of players and have to look at the big picture, but I completely agree with everything that's being said about the registration hampering the game. People really are leaving faster than they're joining. Even after just a year, forum activity seems to really have slowed down. I'm in discord servers where people talk daily about leaving FH; I really hate to see it happening.

About the 'put FH out there more' bit, I remember someone mentioning an official FH youtube channel a while ago. I think that would be such an incredible idea, if done properly. Youtube is how a ton of us found FeralHeart; why not use that fact?

I just hope that however the registration process continues on, it's the right choice.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:14:27 am by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 06:49:24 pm »
Registration was like this back before the hacking; that wasn't the cause, which is good!

Quote from: Red
Why does the registration work this way?
A lot of people ask the question "why" the registration work this way, and the reason is quite a reasonable one. Feralheart is really just another game online, taken care of and run by people in their free time out of mere interest and love for the game itself. We want to make sure it works as well as we can, and that's where quantity is not the only thing to think about. We want to keep the site and game up and running smoothly without hiccups and issues due to the registration part, and just reduce general abuse of the registration system where users would intentionally hog accounts, those who really want or need an account will get one eventually. Even though a greater number of players is always fun to see, it cannot always be a priority since we need to look a bit further ahead than just that.

More information on registration can be found here.

At this point- and this is just my opinion - registration having scheduled opening times would be really beneficial. Really. I know it says there that we can't just hope for a greater number of players and have to look at the big picture, but I completely agree with everything that's being said about the registration hampering the game. People really are leaving faster than they're joining. Even after just a year, forum activity seems to really have slowed down. I'm in discord servers where people talk daily about leaving FH; I really hate to see it happening.

About the 'put FH out there more' bit, I remember someone mentioning an official FH youtube channel a while ago. I think that would be such an incredible idea, if done properly. Youtube is how a ton of us found FeralHeart; why not use that fact?

I just hope that however the registration process continues on, it's the right choice.
I couldnt agree more. If they are gonna come out with this new update, I feel as though they should really advertise FH nad work out keeping the registration open, even if just on certain days of the week because if this over-protection continues, there wont be many people at all the enjoy and experience the update. At that point, all the people who worked on the update put a ton of effort into something thatll only be appreciated by a very small amount of people. Id love to see more new people flood in. I mean, 300 is cap the ive seen everyday and majority of those people are tabbed! Fh used to have 500-600. Even if 450-500 could be our cap, it would be better than now. What happens when we dip into the 100's?

But go off