Poll

Thoughts On Registration

Yes, Open 24/7 Registration
Open Registration On specific Days of the week
Keep registration at random unpredictable times

Author Topic: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL  (Read 9470 times)

wolfdog01

Re: Bring Back 24/7 Registration To Grow Again NEW POLL
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 03:53:54 am »
I also have to agree wirh this. Registration needs to open more, even for just one day out of the week. I don't think it's losing people from lack of updates or change, it's losing people because no one new is coming in to give us old timers something to do. When I first joined I would see 700-800 people online regularly, even reaching into the 1000s. Things got crazy and the lag could become unbearable, but it was a sign that the game was healthy and huge. People were silly and funny, making fast food characters and mate centers, it was hectic and I loved it lol. Now everyone seems so serious and they talk only in groups or something.
Now if I try to start a conversation it takes a bit of work but in the end everyone seems to have a good time. I think with the new patch coming out it will attract more people, but we need to help them join and let them know that we are accepting new members at this time and this date. The old maps were very simple and didn't really connect at all with each other, now the maps are so detailed and cared for but they are all pretty similar except for the underwater one. I think the new patch will combine everything, extreme detail and care with a lot of variety and little connection to each one. If it is going in that direction then I think registration needs to open up as well, with an update like that people should be flooding in to check it out.
I love this game, I got a tattoo of it on my wrist, I have memories that will never be forgotten. I want to see it continue to develop and grow as much as it can but I'm scared we may not get there in time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:57:06 am by wolfdog01 »

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 04:36:03 pm »
I gotta agree with this. As someone who has been on this game since it's initial release, I remember when the online user count was 300-500+. Did it cause lag? Obviously, but at the same time it was at it's peak of popularity and it was amazing watching it grow and grow. I understand why the registration closed due to the large mass, but that's also the reason why I believe many users have left to this day. Of course, in general people grow out of things, have a life outside of the online world, etc. But for the people who do want to join, it's a pain waiting for registration to open considering how random it is. I have no issue with registration being closed at times, I just think at this point it should be open more than it's closed, yknow? Or have it scheduled in some way. I have no idea what part the admins play in the registration and whether they have control of it or not, which if they don't, it's completely understandable and I get it's something they can't do. However, if it's possible, I think the idea of having registration open at certain times which people are aware of, or even just for longer periods of time, would be very beneficial. That would draw in more people, especially if it's advertised, along with the new patches/updates we're getting already. I'd love nothing more than to see this game grow once again and continue to develop. It's been open for so long, we're in need of fresh members. Though this is just my opinion, and whatever happens, happens :)

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline Phomentix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Gay, and Dying.
    • The Phomentix Haunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:56 pm »
I hold a similar opinion to you. I've been playing since I was 10 also, and I am now 16, and I understand fully where you're coming from.

The community back then allowed for growth in learning and wasn't insanely strict on activity. When I first joined, a kind leader of a lion pride taught me the rules of RP and how to write (even though I was a bit of a power-player, which I cringe at to this very day heh).

The disallowing of registration made sense at the time as there was a suffacating amount of people registering and never using their accounts again - however it has gone on for too long and has slowly been crushing the life out of our community.

Furthermore, older players (like us) are beginning to take their leave, and new registered people have nowhere to go and nobody to learn from. It doesn't help that we're harsh on them with our Literacy and such. Opening the registration 24/7 would allow for a new and younger player base to grow and develop into the community we all knew and loved.

Maybe one day it could be random again, but until then, it needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:06:43 pm by Phomentix »

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The Newer account of the user Pickles82
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 04:32:33 am »
I hold a similar opinion to you. I've been playing since I was 10 also, and I am now 16, and I understand fully where you're coming from.

The community back then allowed for growth in learning and wasn't insanely strict on activity. When I first joined, a kind leader of a lion pride taught me the rules of RP and how to write (even though I was a bit of a power-player, which I cringe at to this very day heh).

The disallowing of registration made sense at the time as there was a suffacating amount of people registering and never using their accounts again - however it has gone on for too long and has slowly been crushing the life out of our community.

Furthermore, older players (like us) are beginning to take their leave, and new registered people have nowhere to go and nobody to learn from. It doesn't help that we're harsh on them with our Literacy and such. Opening the registration 24/7 would allow for a new and younger player base to grow and develop into the community we all knew and loved.

Maybe one day it could be random again, but until then, it needs to be fixed.
I hope the admins/mods have looked at this yet. I'd like to hear their opinion on it tbh. I hate saying this but I know the people in charge arent dumb at all and they can see us dwindling but im afraid that maybe they are purposefully letting us dwindle down..Id hope not of course! Its just a fear ive had. I mean if its a capacity thing on the website, they could go through the registry and take down the account duplicates. I know I have a duplicate or two I created a long time ago and I wish I could take them down.

But go off

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 04:53:32 am »
I also have to agree wirh this. Registration needs to open more, even for just one day out of the week. I don't think it's losing people from lack of updates or change, it's losing people because no one new is coming in to give us old timers something to do. When I first joined I would see 700-800 people online regularly, even reaching into the 1000s. Things got crazy and the lag could become unbearable, but it was a sign that the game was healthy and huge. People were silly and funny, making fast food characters and mate centers, it was hectic and I loved it lol. Now everyone seems so serious and they talk only in groups or something.
Now if I try to start a conversation it takes a bit of work but in the end everyone seems to have a good time. I think with the new patch coming out it will attract more people, but we need to help them join and let them know that we are accepting new members at this time and this date. The old maps were very simple and didn't really connect at all with each other, now the maps are so detailed and cared for but they are all pretty similar except for the underwater one. I think the new patch will combine everything, extreme detail and care with a lot of variety and little connection to each one. If it is going in that direction then I think registration needs to open up as well, with an update like that people should be flooding in to check it out.
I love this game, I got a tattoo of it on my wrist, I have memories that will never be forgotten. I want to see it continue to develop and grow as much as it can but I'm scared we may not get there in time.
I too think the update will attract some people. They should open registration for a few days as the update rolls out and if they let the community know they are doing that, maybe we could advertise and hype it up. Also I woould have a tattoo of it by now if I had been old enough. Ill probably get one in the future!

I gotta agree with this. As someone who has been on this game since it's initial release, I remember when the online user count was 300-500+. Did it cause lag? Obviously, but at the same time it was at it's peak of popularity and it was amazing watching it grow and grow. I understand why the registration closed due to the large mass, but that's also the reason why I believe many users have left to this day. Of course, in general people grow out of things, have a life outside of the online world, etc. But for the people who do want to join, it's a pain waiting for registration to open considering how random it is. I have no issue with registration being closed at times, I just think at this point it should be open more than it's closed, yknow? Or have it scheduled in some way. I have no idea what part the admins play in the registration and whether they have control of it or not, which if they don't, it's completely understandable and I get it's something they can't do. However, if it's possible, I think the idea of having registration open at certain times which people are aware of, or even just for longer periods of time, would be very beneficial. That would draw in more people, especially if it's advertised, along with the new patches/updates we're getting already. I'd love nothing more than to see this game grow once again and continue to develop. It's been open for so long, we're in need of fresh members. Though this is just my opinion, and whatever happens, happens :)
Same here! Being here since its initial or atleast SUPER close to it, I had such an amazing time with all the people. I know Red says to overlook the population and focus on the rp but we cant have rps if there arent enough people and the only kind of people just join an rp and never get on again or are just tabbed the whole time. I miss running around flourite and seeing all matters of groups to join! You cant really do that anymore. Just to get in one rp these days is very intensive. You need to fill out a roleplay sample that to be honest, is judged on the recruiters POV of what is considered "good and literate writing". You have to join their discord, their website, read the rules and regulations, download the map, download the presets, sometimes its required that you have a bio already, you have to sometimes read character creation guides, they make you change minute details about your character IE: "your eyes are a TAD bit too bright/dark", you gotta log and add sometimes long and complicated tags, you gotta pick a rank out of like a million sub-ranks, you have to read some of the lore, etc. By the end of all of that, its exhausting and especially me, i dont have the drive i had 20-30 minutes ago after trying to do all of this to rp. The newbies who come in have no idea how to do ANY of this and we just EXPECT them to know. If you mess up on an RPS just a little bit, you are denied access and never allowed in. Come on! Like, teach the poor guy if his punctuation is like two commas off!  Thats how I learned. Not to mention so many of the leaders of these roleplays (especially in warriors roleplays) are ALL THE SAME PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. Every single one of them almost its the same people leading them. These people are so used to being leaders, its like they have this cold wall and they act all stone faced and "professional". Its an rp for gods sake! I get it, you have to enforce rules but when you get suuper into it, like being extra into it, its boring and to be frank, quite irritating. Cool, I tripped up on one small thing and now i have one strike out of three and then im banned. These things to me dont bother me as much as they used to. All of us who have been around a while are used to all of this, numb to it. Maybe its time we get a lot of new people in to teach us how to have fun again.

But go off

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 04:48:55 am »
. I miss running around flourite and seeing all matters of groups to join! You cant really do that anymore. Just to get in one rp these days is very intensive. ...................

Maybe its time we get a lot of new people in to teach us how to have fun again.
Yup, my observations exactly.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 04:19:57 pm »
I think registration should be open 24/7 again. Maybe when the server starts getting too full they can close it?

Personally, I rather it constantly stay open. I rarely meet new people anymore and the random registration can make people trying to join forget about the game, especially since it's almost always closed.

The lack of new players makes recruiting for my group painfully slow too. It's really just dropping movie clips for the same people who already decided they aren't interested. (Plus the majority of the Grounds seems to be into packs, clans, or prides now. Only makes it harder to recruit with barely anyone new around.)
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline NicNac

• Curious Wanderer
    • GORE-GEN
    • NicNacPW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 06:24:03 pm »
Maybe when the server starts getting too full they can close it?.

The lack of new players makes recruiting for my group painfully slow too. It's really just dropping movie clips for the same people who already decided they aren't interested. (Plus the majority of the Grounds seems to be into packs, clans, or prides now. Only makes it harder to recruit with barely anyone new around.)
Exactly! Having it open till we fill up would be a miracle!

But go off

Offline Arelyka

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »
god i joined when i was 11 or 12 i believe, i LOVED how full and lively everything was! everyone chatting and RPing, it wa so much fun and easy to make friends and now? its just... empty... and its practically boring now since no one even wants to even TALK to anyone anymore; most of my friends left FH and i just occasionally log in just to create a preset or two and thats about it... FH really needs to open up registration again because this community is simply dying at an alarming rate.

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2018, 07:23:16 am »
Ah I am sorry about not responding to this sooner. Life is harsh, I will try to respond to as many comments as I can.

If this is true, that Raz is the only one who can open and close the registration, then I can understand if it could be a strain on him. Maybe if they want to do this, Raz could pick out days and times that he could open the registration, granted if he has any free time other than what he does to open the registration. Then it would be easier for everyone to get registered. Again, if I knew more about how the registration works, then I could elaborate more on this subject.

I do have to comment on the over protection. I agree that being over protective is slowly suffocating the game and all it's glory, but I do see why they've come to do that. I think they could pull back a bit with the protecting, just a little bit. I have a feeling that if they keep clamping down on protecting it, then the game will slowly die off.
I won't disagree that having to take care of a game + your life is too hard and it needs monitoring and it can be difficult for Raz and for the admins respecrtively. All of the admins are working hard on it and people fail to realize they've been pushed alot, judged by their skills alot when more than a few people were disappointed, causing alot of admins to leave their possition and having to take care of this game while they have their own families, jobs and houses to take care on it can be tiring.

But it comes to the time where you see that the game is slowly getting decreased and challenged by other games on population, reputation and consept. Alot of people who wanted to join Feral-Heart gave up on it because they couldn't join and chose other options such as IT servers, Cereal Soup and such.

I think they should open the registractions every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This way people can easily have access to the game, get more populated and if they start advertising the updates by giving sneak peeks on youtube and other social media, people will start getting interested and the community will start growing again.

I wasn't around when "The Hack" happened. But almost 3 years have passed since then and I think that the community has had enough time to heal. I know that the staff is doing what they can to prevent this kind of thing from happening again, but I believe that it's time to open the registration

About the hack, if I remember right, they were messing with the game's codes and were making everyone disconnect and they had also hacked some members and admins' accounts and said weird stuff. I remember I was in bonfire when that happened and I briefly remember a guy who had a character of an angry bird talking to me LOL

they had made the feral-heart.com/login page now to prevent this and I think that is good enough. The registraction limit did good to protect the game for a few months - year but now the game is getting cliche.

It's like the IT servers that you just end up chasing around mobs, gaining abilities, all the items and then being nothing left to do, you end up making a new character and restart from bottom. All the Rps are limited to 3. No more fantasy or roleplaying in the public maps, The Grounds is just a square now. The old maps were large enough to have plenty of room for exploring and roleplaying and it's just sad how the game has turned now.

I'd really go for a new beginning to the game and for this to happen we need new people. Otherwise I fear the worst will come for the game. Now the protection became too much and it's leading towards destruction.

I think both members and admins need to have some consideration; Admins to sit and think what the members say (or the logical ones) and members to stop pressuring and pushing the admins to take quick measures and then bashing on them when the outcome is not as expected. The 'bad' current update happened because most of members were pushy and judgemental towards the game. Yes a short update would be nice but not if forced. Most of these members are now gone and probably returned on a sneak account. It's just sad that we must make it crystal clear that we need eachother's support to make the game work.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD